You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Friend's Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's Grandma

 

Back when I lived in St'Neots a very strange thing happened to me and my friend, yet, I'm glad it happened. My best friends grandma had passed away about a month ago before this event occurred.

Both me and my friend lived on the same road so we would walk with each over everyday. To get home there were two possible routes: the bridge, which was longer but on more open roads or the field which was pretty much deserted apart from the occasional dog walker or another student. Because the field way was a lot quicker we usually walked that way but after this day, we never did again.

We were on our way home from school. It was winter so it got dark quickly. It was cold and there was a chance of a storm coming so both my friend and I wanted to get home fairly quickly. However, as we approached the fields, my friend stopped. I turned around to see if she was okay, she just stood there staring forward, tears started to fill her eyes but she blinked them away before I got to ask if she was okay. She firmly shook her head and said, "No." I asked her what she meant but all she told me was she didn't feel like walking that way. I was going to question her but I didn't. I even had the thought to walk that way by myself, but I didn't... And I'm glad I didn't. I simply just shook my head and walked home the bridge way, and by the time I got home, I was soaked.

The next day was a Saturday and I went to visit my friend to make sure if she was alright. She explained to me how her nan used to always brush her hands through her hair to comfort her before she died, and how yesterday she felt the same sensation just as we were approaching the fields. She insisted that her nan was there warning her not to walk home that way, and if she was, I'd thank her, because she probably saved our lives.

It was long after that day we found out that a young girl from a nearby school had been walking through the fields on her way home where she got stabbed. She survived, but was rushed to hospital and now has many injuries.

Other hauntings by Justthatgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Justthatgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Wow... Really a strange... Story... I never heard something like that... You were lucky... Thanks for sharing with us... 😁 😁
pearlangel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
you and your friend are really lucky and hope these good kind of signs would help you take right decisions 😁 😁
Justthatgirl (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
Yeah I'm so grateful for it and I'm glad the other girl survived
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-28)
That is incredible. I believe maybe your friend is an empth and was able to feel her grandmother's warning. I am glad you two made it safely home. Whether it was her grandmother or not, that was a very good sign and decision made. Unfortunate for the other girl, luckily she survived and now hopefully many others are choosing not to go down that path.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: