You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Whispers

Real Ghost Stories

The Whispers

 

It was just a normal day for me when I went to my cousin's house to stay for the weekend. I've always known her big house next to the forest was haunted but nothing ever happened to me, so I wasn't bothered by it.

That night when Ashley and I were going to bed, I had to sleep on a mattress on the floor. I was trying to sleep but I felt something crawl across me very quickly. I was filled with fear and jumped to my feet. I just thought it was a rat or something but I was still scared. I went downstairs because I thought it was better to sleep on a couch. My aunt was asleep on one of the couches and my brother was on the other on. I tiptoed to the couch my brother was on scooted him over.

I closed my eyes, hoping I would just fall asleep. It was really hot in the house, I believe it was 80 degrees. Then all of a sudden it got cold. I pulled the blanket up, thinking nothing of it and closed my eyes again. Then that's when I heard the whispers. In the room next to us, the kitchen, I heard two people whispering. It was a wide arch from the living room to the kitchen so I could see who was there. When I lifted my head up to look, I saw nothing in the kitchen. I had goosebumps. I didn't know what to think. I was scared out of my mind. I just laid back down and tried to pretend that nothing was happening. But the whispering only got louder. I knew it was about 2 a.m. I heard a deep man's voice say, "We can't hide them here." Then a woman's voice said, "I don't care what you want." Then the man said, "Hey look over there, she's listening." I was confused and terrified at the same time. I didn't know if I was crazy and hearing things or if these voices were actually there.

I thought they saw me because I heard footsteps come towards me and I nearly peed my pants because of it. I wanted to get up and run to my aunt but I knew she had work in 2 hours so I didn't. I just laid there with my eyes closed listening to their conversation until I fell asleep.

The next day I found out there was tunnels that were blocked off from the basement. I don't know if it had anything to do with the underground railroads but I was fine not knowing anything more than what I did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OhioGurl12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-11)
I can definitely understand not wanting to wake your aunt over it. Ghosts are easier than angry relatives lol.
I'm curious about the things you mention happening after. I would like to hear about it if you feel like sharing.
OhioGurl12 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-11)
I'm going to try and answer all of your questions as best as I can. Yes my other family members has experiences in the house. Some of their experiences are like mine, some are quite different. I knew the house was haunted before my experience because my family told me some of their experiences beforehand. I'm not quite sure on the history of the house. My aunt hasn't told me anything about encountering something unusual but my cousins, family friends, my dad, and uncle has. When this happened I thought I was just tired and was hearing things and I thought that if I bothered my aunt, she would mad at me. I wasn't even considering my safety. The house was in the country. It's quite a big house right next to a forest. The basement was huge and dark. My father and cousin have had some paranormal experiences there. This was the first time anything paranormal happened in my presence. I went there many time before that and it was quite normal. But after that night many different things has happened.
ghost_seeker123 (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-03)
good story did you ever try to talk to them, does anyone else hear them
MitoTakatori (49 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
I like this experience of yours! Welcome to YGS by the way. I love to read more of your experiences, so post more it it here!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
Hi OhioGurl12, I go with Argette. It is better to start an investigation. And you said that you knew the house was haunted. How do you know before you had this experience? What is the history of the house and what are the experiences of others in the house, especially your aunt? Well, I want to tell you this, if you have overheard their conversation and if they have mentioned you in their conversation of you overhearing it and that the footsteps were coming near you, will it be possible for you to think that your aunt has to commence work in two hours and because of which you didn't get up and rush to her. Sounds quite strange to me. If you were that scared not to open your eyes, definitely our instinct will definitely think of getting away to a safer place or to a person we trust. Please clarify.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
jwarren (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
That is a very interesting experience. Is it possible you could be a bit more specific about where the house is/was?

I am also very intrigued by the conversation you overheard. At first I figured it would fit nicely in to a residual haunting, but if they were talking about YOU listening that doesn't seem to fit.

Thank you for sharing!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-30)
Agree with Argette... Literally a scary conversation... You've heard. I am just wonder if you went there several time so on that day you experienced them. If your other family member experienced such thing...? Looking forward more from your side.

You said 'I know her house is haunted...' Did you know the history of that house? Curious to know... 😁
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Scary conversation you heard.

Ohio was very active in the Underground Railroad. The Underground Railroad was not necessarily a tunnel system, but a system of hidden routes and safe houses that allowed runaway slaves to escape from southern slave states to non-slave states in the north. Certainly there may have been some tunnels involved but it was not a train system.

Still, I think some research is in order here. When was the house built? Was it the site of any events, tragic or otherwise?

The local library can help you get started. Good luck.

Thanks for sharing here!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-29)
Welcome to YGS.
That's very interesting!
Do you know if your relatives hear the whispers and/or if they have experienced something else?
Do you know when the house was built and any history that could be relevant for it to be haunted?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: