You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Voice That Came From Nowhere

Real Ghost Stories

A Voice That Came From Nowhere

 

I would like to share one incident that happened to me when I was in school. This experience was a matter of just a few seconds yet I remember it very clearly. So here I go with my story.

Due to some sports activities, there was some change in our school timings that day. We were all enjoying our sports day and no one was in a mood to study. Still we had to drag ourselves to our classrooms as we came to know that one of our teachers was going to take an extra class.

We all were sitting lazily in the class. Still there was some time for the teacher to come. So one of my friends asked us to play a game. A game called "dumb sheraz"...It is a game in which a person has to enact the name of a movie and others keep guessing the name. So my friend started acting and we all started guessing the name of the movie.

And suddenly from no where someone whispered in my ear..."Josh...Josh." (It is a Hindi movie). I heard it twice and very clearly. I was not afraid nor was I shocked at that time. I was only wondering as to who whispered in my ear. I was the last person sitting on the bench. There was a window right behind the bench. And the classroom was on 2nd floor. There was no possibility of any other friend whispering in my ear.

I decided to verify the truthfulness of what I heard and repeated the same name that I had heard a few seconds back. And to my surprise the guess was absolutely correct.

I still haven't got the explanation of what I had experienced. I am still to figure out if the voice was a male voice or a female voice.

Has anyone here experienced the same thing or if some one has any explanation to this then it would be really great...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chinmayag11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
HI chinmayag11, welcome to YGS. I guess, like allesgute said, that you were sitting on the last bench and that the window was near you so that you concluded that since the classroom was on the 2nd floor of the school building, nobody could have whispered in your ears. I go with allesgute on this because the word 'josh' could be made by a blowing wind and since you were not able to distinguish the voice if it was male or female, I think it could be the wind that might have been blowing at that point of time. I am not discouraging you or saying what you said is false. It might have happened and you might have heard the word 'josh' but still, I want to put it to you that there is a rational explanation to what you heard.

And again, like allesgute said, if you are still in the same town or city, you can find out about the history of the school or that particular classroom. Perhaps it might give us some clue. If you have already done it, please do post it so that we can give some more suggestions. Please respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi chinmayag11, I'm also from India. Welcome to YSG. When you say you were 'the last person sitting on the bench' did you mean you were sitting on the last bench?
There's a possibility that maybe some sound might have been carried over by the wind from the window, and maybe your mind heard the word 'josh' and made its own conclusions.
Also, did you investigate any history of the school? If you don't mind me asking, where in India is this school?
And the game is called 'dumb charades', even I used to play it in school. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: