You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footsteps And Sounds

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps And Sounds

 

One time I was in bed and I heard footsteps. I kind of just brushed it off, because this happened ever since I was little. It started out small and quiet steps and grew larger and heavier like a giant was running after me.

Well, this time my nightlight was on (I share a room with my little sister and she's scared of the dark so don't think I am a little kid lol) and I saw a shadow on the wall next to my bed rocking back and forth in time to the footsteps. It wasn't human shaped though, it was just like a big black blob. It stopped after a while when it realized I wasn't paying attention but later that night my TV turned on without anyone near it.

Also, around Christmas time (I know this was a while back but still) I would wake up to a scratching sound on my wall. I have a bunk bed and I'm on top while my sisters on the bottom. Well, anyways that scratching noise came from the top not the bottom so it couldn't have been any mice or anything, plus we weren't having problems with the pipes or anything. It happened for quit a while too. Does getting scared feed this thing? Because I get scared a lot and I was wondering.

Also, sometimes while I am laying down I get a feeling of a sudden pressure that was never there before... It's strange, but does that mean the thing is near me? This thing can open doors as it opened my brother's bedroom door before. It also knocked all of the pictures off his wall, all the toys off his shelves at the same time. The only time something has happened in the morning was when the door opened. Everything else happens at night and mostly to me.

Thanks for your help and please answer as I will try my best to comment back and answer your questions.

Other hauntings by Spiritseverywhere0425

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spiritseverywhere0425, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

melissa_marie1122 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I have lived in my house since I was born the spirit in my house is attracted to me as it does not show itself to others. My mom and grandmother see things as well but not in the manner I do I have dreams of contacting spirits I see spirits but in shadows as a living person leaves a shadow that's the way I can identify images as I see their outline and slight details.

I've dealt with seeing the unseen for as long as I could remember.
The way I avoid showing fear is listening to music.
Music is my getaway as it may be yours just a small tip or thing to try out.

Wish you the best of luck
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
I would make sure that you are not experiencing sleep paralysis for some of these experiences, but for hearing footsteps and such, I don't have an explanation.

If you having a feeling it is feeding off your fear, then do whatever you can to change how you feel towards it. When you start being afraid, put on music or a comedian that you like. Distract yourself.
Lani12 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Well with the sleeping thing, some people get that a lot and think it has to do with whatever entity that might be in their house. First of all, a feeling of pressure or getting held down could be sleep paralysis. Sometimes, also, you can get yourself so worked up that you believe you are seeing/hearing things all the time. Try and remain calm and tell yourself it just your imagination, and if that doesn't work, just try and keep calm. Just remember that you will be okay. If more stuff happens, I recommend you to get help from a professional or tell your parents and see what they say. I wish you the best.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi when you mentioned mice, they climb within the walls so they can be any height in the wall cavity, just wanted to point that out. Negative spirits etc do feed off fear.
Spiritseverywhere0425 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
You didn't offend sds. And it couldn't have been a tree because it was not near a window (the shadow was cast on the wall of the only window) and there are no trees next to or near my window. (Since we live in the middle of a field in the country) and yes I live in the same house. I have always lived here since I was about 3 years. It happened a couple weeks ago, yet last night and the night before I heard more footsteps and vibrating to the legs.
As I said in the story, it could have been a small creature yet it would have to fly since I have a bunk bed I share with my sister. Any more questions? I would be glad to answer!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Hi Spiritseverywhere0425, when did this happen? Are you living in the same house? The shadows on the walls going back and forth might be, I am just saying might be, because of shadows of a tree's branches, which will have the shape "not human" and the scratching noise and sounds could be due to small creatures.

My advise to you is, we should rule out rational explanation before jumping onto paranormal aspects. And one more suggestion, I would like to give is that you have mention when this happened and if it happened sometime before, an approximate time-frame can be given. This will give us more clarity and the narrative will be more clearer to understand. Please do take it in right earnest and I don't mean to offend.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: