You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Premonition Through Song

Real Ghost Stories

Premonition Through Song

 

Last night I had this song on repeat, a rap song about you never knowing when it's the last time you see a person before they pass, so say what you have to say now. I forget the title and artist. It had been years since I heard the song and it stuck with me when I was asleep. Especially the last part when he goes "So often, people pass away before you tell them how you really feel".

This morning, I got to work with news one of my co-workers had passed away due to a tragic accident. He was a good man who I had many conversations with and had been with my firm for many years.

He would always make a point to say my name when he walked into the office, and the last words I said to him were, "What's up?" He was always calm in a kind of eerie way. It was the kind of guy you had a feeling had something going on under the table, but you could never quite put your finger on it.

I've had thoughts and premonitions before, but nothing that was ever put into words. Sometimes music serves as your subconscious, and the things these artists put out there are real emotions they're trying to get at but can't put into words otherwise. I think what this artist was trying to say hit a real nerve in this moment.

I can still hear my coworker's voice and see his face in my mind, and there are sometimes when I will still say his name. This is the first time in a very long time I had someone I know pass away, and I have no idea what caused me to keep listening to that song. But whatever or whoever it was had a point.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-12)
sherm784 - I truly believe premonitions come in many different ways. It just depends upon the person. Most of the time I receive them through meditation and through dreams.

I believe you can receive a premonition through song. Don't see why not if that's how the message was meant to get to you. I don't believe we are to question why, or how for that matter, we receive the message. It just matters that we do receive it.

For the record, I don't believe in coincidences 😊 Welcome to YGS and, as SDS has already said, thanks for sharing this with us.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Dear sherm784, it could be the subconscious mind trying to tell you something but we can't definitely lay our fingers on what it is. Perhaps the song that kept coming to you might be related to your co-worker's demise. But, having said that, it could be a mere coincidence. Unless there are quite a number of incidents that happen whenever that song comes to your mind, it is not possible to relate it to anything like premonition.

Like Argette said, it gave me a lesson. I haven't heard that song but the message it gives is very good and I would try to follow it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
Your story is a great lesson for me; thank you for sharing it with us.

Sometimes we know things in advance, but we cannot recognize what they are. Our subconscious mind knows them, but we cannot read the knowledge.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: