You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mysterious Sound

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Sound

 

When I was around 15 or 16 y/o, I witnessed something very unusual and strange which I still have no idea about and can only relate it with the paranormal.

This never really spooked me out at first but now remembering it, is enough to send shivers down my spine. To begin with the story, I cannot point the finger to exactly when it started and when it came to an end but one night out of the blue, there was a very loud noise of the kitchenware being smashed around. Like the glasses breaking, other metals and plastic things getting shattered etc. It was so clear and close that I can tell it was from my place.

I told my parents immediately and we went to the kitchen but no clue of anything. Again after returning to the bedroom I could hear it, getting louder. I was scared as if someone or something is really dangerous that shouldn't be ignored just like that. But all I could to do was feel scared continuously for minutes, pray in my head and try to figure out what it was. That night, I slept a little late but it continued in the consecutive days and everytime it was so unnerving and I did not understand how my parents cannot hear it. I used to have thoughts as if the next second someone would trespass and cause hurt. Because, at that time I was nowhere near to any ghostly thoughts, I again tried to conclude it as some annoying neighbours. And if it is something haunted then that was enough to make me sick in the stomach.

We live in an apartment building on the 3rd floor and a little brief about the noise - it only occured at midnights and it was so loud that it couldn't be from my neighbour's place it had to be so near that I was puzzled already. Continuing to next few days, I again informed my parents that it really freaks me out and I can't sleep without getting disturbed almost daily, due to that. But they only doubted me for cracking pranks on them and told me to shut it and sleep which I did. It lasted for a couple of months 2 or 3 and then stopped on it's own.

In between those months, there was a certain period of time when I realised that something was actually fishy about this whole scenario which went unseen until now, because of the fact that both the neighbouring buildings on our side are vacant from a long time and on the front there's a main road and a park and on the back there are slums which are nowhere near to our territory. It is impossible to listen so clear sounds from other buildings in the area which are afar. The other floors/ apartments in our building were also vacant at that time. Also, the most important fact that those sounds were so close as if from my own kitchen, contrary, to which the kitchen was always clean not even a spoon displaced from its previous position. The more I used to dwell in it, the more scarier it got.

I'm not saying we live in the countryside or something. We reside at one of the most busy streets of the city but, maybe coincidentally at that period of time- our building (except for our flat), our neighbouring houses were vacant. I am also not saying that those other buildings could be the source of anything evil because those noises, I still remember, everytime I heard them I could only tell it was from my own kitchen which was scary. The noise being so loud and clear, why was it only heard by me? And why, until date I'm completely clueless about it's source? Given, if they were due to something other than paranormal, then how is it possible for someone to daily smash things around for like 10 to 15 minutes "continuously", and that too daily at midnights?

It would be sheer lie if I said I wasn't affected by it, because I was. But not as much (maybe because it wasn't harmful in any way). I used to feel really irritated due to those sounds and scared also but dose off to sleep after sometime. My parents were also starting to get annoyed with me as we had checked our kitchen for like the hundredth time during that period of month and they never even encountered any such noise. I'd never wish to discuss on it any further with them or anyone else for that matter because I know it's hard to believe but I'm convinced that it could be paranormal. Later, it only became a bad memory from the past. But now, thinking back on it, it seems spookier. Also because one of these days it happened again. Just for once though, like a reminder.

Any suggestions? And Thanks for reading.

Regards.

Other hauntings by devilhorns1432

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, devilhorns1432, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mel8763 (1 stories) (19 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-06)
Hi devilhorns1432.
I believe you. It has to be aggravating to miss valuable sleep time, because of a pesky poltergeist. 😲
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-04)
I know how aggravating it must feel to be the only one able to hear these noises. The only advice I could give would be to try and record the phenomena using a recorder or video camera.
devilhorns1432 (2 stories) (2 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-03)
Few important details that have been missed:
1. Our floor is the top floor
2. I did not switch rooms but instead stayed for a couple of nights in my parent's room and still it was only heard by me.
3. I, alongwith my mum, sat in the kitchen during one of those nights for quite a while. We were chatting and then it happened but only I could hear it and nothing was there in the kitchen. My mom could only listen anything but pin drop silence.
So, because there was no activity to be seen in the kitchen area we never thought of waiting until morning but I'll try that also if it happens in future.
(P.S. If it happens again I have this idea to try and record it on my mobile. But I hope it doesn't repeat...)

Thankyou so much guys for the comments/suggestions!~ bibliothecarius and Maria:)

Regards. ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-11-01)
Greetings, devilhorns, and welcome to YGS.

Lealeigh makes a great suggestion. (Lealeigh: Sorry, it won't let me upvote you at the moment, Maria; I've agreed with you too often in the last week!)

However, I have a second suggestion. If the repetition of the noises becomes a regular event again, could you switch rooms for one night with your parents, so they may hear it?

Also, you mentioned all of the empty buildings/apartments near your home, but you did not mention if your 3rd floor apartment is the *top* floor of your building. If there's a fourth floor, the noises would be quite loud if the metal & plastic objects hit the floor --and your ceiling. *If* there is a 4th floor, but no-one lives up there, you may find that homeless people or wild animals have moved in temporarily. That would not account for their behavior being at specific times --and animals tend to bring strong odors with them-- but it is a possibility I thought worth mentioning.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are impossible, as that will help other YGSers to focus their suggestions & advice.

Best,
Biblio.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-31)
Hi devilhorns1432,

If these sounds start up again and if you are certain that they are coming from the kitchen, I would make sure to be in the kitchen at midnight. If you are also certain of the time.

It may not be convenient. I realize you may have school early in the morning and staying up late on purpose isn't a great idea. It might set your mind at ease if you were to find some reason or the cause of the sounds.

Thank you for sharing your story, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: