You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Creeper At The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Creeper At The Door

 

Negative spirits or experiences are, thankfully, rare for me. And even when they do pop up, they're brief and I leave them behind quickly. Really, I just want to know if others have had an experience like this because it's pretty representative of the handful of times it's happened to me.

I was in a building full of classrooms in Provo, Utah which was open after dark for study. There were about 10 of us studying in a room and getting ready to leave. I got up with a friend to fill up my water bottle at a fountain just down the hall. Other rooms were empty and the doors all closed, but the room just behind and to the left of the fountain had its door just barely cracked open about 3 inches.

While we walked past it to return to our friends, I caught a glimpse of something that terrified me and made me not just scared but triggered a kind of fight response in me. It was a hand just wrapping around the door and a face coming to peek out of the dark room. Short, and just barely at the height of the door handle, whatever it was had a kind of gray-green color and from the briefest glance I caught of it, the eyes seemed yellow-blue (not green, but yellow with a weird blue about it).

It felt decidedly negative and malicious, though not very powerful. I felt stalked, and at the same time coaxed toward it. Honestly, there was no way ever that I would have gone to investigate it. I didn't tell my friend, but instead asked a couple of the guys in our group if they would just do me a simple favor and go close the door. They didn't get why I was so scared, but I just said I would feel a lot better if they would just go close the door all the way before we left. They did, and didn't feel anything weird there.

I shy from going toward places or things that would invite paranormal experiences since I have a lot already. I'm honestly afraid to open myself to more than what comes naturally, and the natural ones are, on the whole, positive, except for this and a couple of other small exceptions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, allisonbeckert23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-09)
Hi Allison, this one was creepy. Is there any ritual or prayers you can do to keep yourself protected? Stay blessed.
iAbbi (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-18)
Do a ritual. It will help... Alot. It may drive this spirt away. Hope this helps!
~Abby ❤
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
Luckily I was only in those classes temporarily. It was between semesters of college. Not sure what was taught, and I did definitely get a feeling it was not in the least frightened of me. Still, I haven't been back there and likely won't be again.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-18)
I agree with Rook... Sounds more like an elemental or a lower astral entity. Both will manifest in decidedly non human guise. Often elementals are mistaken for evil or frightening because of their wild appearance... The only time they are truly hostile is when they are displaced or protective of a place... It's interesting that it showed itself to you, such manifestations are generally considered by the being... It's difficult to suprise an elemental in my opinion. Why it was scary? Well... It's intuitive, isn't it... The process of deciding where something is good, neutral or dangerous. Maybe, if it's fey, you could leave a respectful offering or flowers, food or drink to negate its hostility. If you sense it's a lower astral energy, under no circumstances offer it shiate. Protect yourself psychically and do a banishment if it's somewhere you need to spend time in the future. Just my opinion.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-17)
Something about the way you tell this has me wondering what the history of the property is... And what subject (s) may be taught in the classroom this 'thing' was in. Something about the way you describe this 'figure' says... At least to me... Fay Creature, but it could be one of very many different types. Research Fairy Folklore, focus on those rumored to 'live' in the area now 'cleared out' for more home development.

Research, research, research is the answer.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
allisonbeckert23- one thing that I have learned in life is there is some things that doesn't have answers. Because IF they did it wouldn't make since. I know that feeling that says don't go look again. I personally see enough that I stay away from the dark and creepy. No reason to look for it. It finds me as well. Sigh, stay strong and give more than you receive. Always a good direction.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
That does put a much different and clearer picture! I am not lost for words now.

I've never heard of anything like this. It rules out pretty much every animal I can think of.

I know that's not helpful. I can research it a bit and see if anyone has had similar experience.
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
elnoraemily: In rereading how I described it, it does sound a lot like a Grey, so I'll amend here and add that it had almost beastly quality to it with wrinkly features and small eyes. I hope that's more clear.
allisonbeckert23 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
I looked right at it for half a second, so it wasn't a peripheral thing.

And I hadn't considered an alien, especially since it's eyes were little and face wrinkled... Almost like Golem from LOTR, if that's not to cliche a reference to make.

The biggest thing was the sense of foreboding and stalking that went with it, and I had the same symptoms I've had in previous ghost/paranormal encounters.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
It sounds like you just described a Grey- or more commonly thought of as the Roswell Aliens.

Is that what you are getting at here?

I have no idea how to respond to that, ha.

Hmm.

Uhm.

Well.

I have nothing, except that maybe your peripheral vision played a trick on you. Did you see it head on or just through the corner of your eye?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: