You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Farm House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Farm House

 

My name is Landen and I am 16 years old. My family moved into a farmhouse 20 miles out of town just over a year ago and everything had been going fine until this past week. It started when I was researching a paper in my room when I had to use the restroom. I got up and walked across the hall and looked down the dark and ominous hallway. I whispered down it "if something is there please leave me be." I started talking to my friends on a chat and I could hear this faint talking or whistling so I turned down the volume on my microphone and I could still hear it. The moment I took off my headset it stopped. Mind you it was 2 in the morning and my family was asleep and I am the only one who sleeps downstairs.

A few hours later when I was trying to sleep I kept seeing things move around in the dark and when I would look down at my wifi router and laptop lights I could not see them so I turned on the lights and sure enough they were there. The next day I dismissed this as just me being paranoid. Without even mentioning it my brother claimed he saw a weird thing with long claws and missing limbs when he woke up in the middle of the night that night and the day before he looked out his window and saw a faint white head and body. I asked him and my mom if they had herd any whistling or talking, and they both said yes. Later that night I felt like I was being watched so I repeatedly said in a very stern voice "Leave! Leave now! While I was saying this my door began to try and open violently against my door frame but it didn't budge due to the handle not being turned.

If anybody could help me figure out what this is and how to get rid of it that would be great.

Comments are welcome, Thank you for your time!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LanYow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-20)
Hmm... You saw things at two in the morming when you hadn't had any sleep. And you heard sounds in the night in the country. Wow. I'm also thinking y'al need to get some sleep. And the whistling, you know racoons have a greeting whistle that sounds just like a human whistling. It's country, man.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
My psychology nerd is going to come out here.
It sounds like your brother had a case of sleep paralysis. It's normal, but absolutely terrifying to experience. You are conscious, but still stuck in a state of REM sleep- it will cause horrific hallucinations and full body paralysis.

I typically think that reflections in windows can tend to be misleading. There are so many reflections that can happen and our mind is trained to pick out things that look familiar and translate them as such- even if it's not accurate to what we are actually seeing.

What made you believe that there was something down the hallway originally? Being nervous and thinking the dark is ominous is pretty normal- not being able to see what is around us makes a lot of people very uncomfortable. I, personally, hate the darkness- especially farm houses like yours. It's a very different sort of dark in the country than the soft darkness of a city.

The noises coming through headphones I don't find to be paranormal- no offense meant, but I believe this to be of earthly origin. You could easily been getting feedback or crossed signals. The fact that it stopped when you removed your headset supports this.

You all are still getting used to this house. It's much easier to hear the normal things that go bump in the night when you are out in the country. Whistling could be wind at a loose window or roof shingle. I've thought that wind coming through the attic at a friend's house in rural Indiana was someone screaming once. Even old pipes can do strange, strange sounding things that are completely natural to the environment.

Hopefully, this will help with some of your uneasiness about the house.

Best wishes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: