You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two For The Price Of One

Real Ghost Stories

Two For The Price Of One

 

I really don't know what to call this, attachment haunting I guess. It started when I bought the house I live in now, well the house was a lake cabin built in the late 50's and as far as I know I'm the first one to live in it on a permanent basis. Trying to fill it up with furniture and living on a dime the only real choice I had was to hit the second hand shops and around here (central Texas) they are most abundant. The house I live in is less than 100 meters from a very large lake and the area is about 99.9% limestone and nothing but woods around. This may have something to do with it, but I don't know. Of all the items I got two stand out as having something come with them.

The first item was a wash basin from the 19th century, it came with a sound. As I was sitting at my desk working I heard the unmistakable sound of water being poured, being the only one home I went into the bathroom (which it was right next to) to check the sink and shower they were both dry. Well finding nothing that could cause the sound I went back to work and no more than two minutes later the same sound happened again, this time I zeroed in on the wash basin, there are no pipes behind or around it in the walls etc. I guess this would be a residual haunting.

The second item would be a grandfather clock or the creepy clock as my nephews call it. They have been known to stop the pendulum to stop the clock; I don't know it just freaks them out. Late 20th century, I was again alone in the house, I had just keyed the clock when out of nowhere right next to my left ear I hear (not in my head) "I'm standing right here" I could even feel its breath, it was a male voice and sounded a little urgent or hyper and for some reason I did not jump, scream or run like an eight year old, I did not feel any good or bad vibes, I felt indifference, I turned towards the voice and said "I can hear you" in a somewhat annoyed voice. I guess this would be an intelligent haunting. Both of these have just been a onetime thing, the house itself I feel is not haunted, when you walk in it feels like a dead battery, but we do get what I feel are things just passing through, not staying long and with all the woods and water around an elemental or two have been seen or felt by different family members but again they don't stay around.

Other hauntings by jerryhend1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jerryhend1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
To: Badjuujuu

Ya, it can be a hit or miss thing sometimes, but I guess I've lucked out thus far, and I do watch what I buy, if it has a sorted passed or comes from a place/people that is questionable I will pass on it.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
This is such an incredibly cool story. I love haunted item stories, although I refuse to buy anything second hand because I don't want to bring home any strangers lol. The clock guy sounds like a decent enough sort, and the residual with the wash basin? Love it.
Thanks for sharing.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
To: swimsinfire

The water was an interesting thing to happen, and I can defiantly tie it to the washbasin, the clock person, he could be with the clock but the clock is of recent origin so he might have been just passing though and I have not heard him again.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-01)
This is such a good story. I'm with Notjustme, I could live with water pouring. Interesting about the voice by the clock. Do you think he's still wanting to speak his mind? Thanks for the story.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
To: elnoraemily

The limestone and water has something to do with it but I can't prove it at this time. I've tried to debunk the water basin but came up empty, please send you ideals on it and I will try them. If you read "in your face" you can understand my not so freaking out mode with the voice. The elementals have been seen and felt by family members that were visiting at the time. A three foot "blob" roaming about the house. The times I have felt them I could not determine a sex male/female nor did I feel malevolence or a bad smell that is associated with some of there sightings. Again if you have any ideals on this matter please share them.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
To: Wish-Not

The limestone is so bad here that you can't dig down three inches without hitting it, forget about putting fence posts in or house cellars. Sorry to hear about your dog, hope its not being too disturbed by your visitors. Of the visitors I get, they only stay a very short time, some are seen others just felt.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
To: notjustme

The washbasin was an item that was used on a daily basis way back when, so no real surprise there. When the clock thing happened I really thought it was someone I used to know, but I heard from that person sometime later so for the time being I will tie it to the clock.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Oh I enjoyed this very much, thanks for sharing it. I found the water pouring so serene and sweet. I can picture an average woman just doing her thing with it. And the guy sounds like he really wants to talk to you. Or could it be a family or friend? Have you had anyone close to you passed away that it could be?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
jerryhend1- I understand exactly what you are living with. Sounds like an ideal spot to live though. We as well live in a heavy limestone area. Actually live less than a mile from a company called Limedale that extracts and manufactures lime. We have "visitors" quite often. Some stay longer than others and most are pleasant. Some are vocal and some are not. Our current "guest" is kind of mischievous. Moving things or giving our little dog a hard time. Sometimes it's pretty cute. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Keep us updated to new events.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
Limestone is thought to attract the paranormal- it is though that it has the ability to store energy/memory. It's never been proven, but it is a theory. It is thought to mainly attract residual, to my knowledge. If you live in an area high with quartz, that can also cause it.

The water and clock I can try to explain with earthly causes, but it is the voice that I find really interesting. It is almost like it was annoyed that you were not paying any attention to it.

I think it's interesting that the area you are in could be haunted and that your house could just be in the path of everything going through.

You mentioned elemental, but what exactly did you see?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: