You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Last Visit

Real Ghost Stories

The Last Visit

 

This story happened when I was in 2nd grade of middle school (I'm a college sophomore now). I don't know the exact time, but it surely happened at night. It happened when I was sleeping, but I'm sure that's not a dream.

So one night I was sleeping in my room. Suddenly, I felt like someone was waking me up. I opened my eyes a little and I can see my uncle, let's just say his name is R. He was sitting next to my bed, attempted to say something I couldn't hear clearly.

"It's strange," I thought. "His home is rather far from my home, and I don't remember he was saying to visit at all." But I didn't think much about it and just asked him, "What is it, uncle?"

He didn't reply. He was just there, staring at me. "I just want to say that I'm going to go," he finally said.

"Where?"

"Somewhere far away."

Then I fell asleep.

Later, in the morning I was awaken by my mother's speaking. "What happened?" I asked. She looked so sad and confused. "You sure know your uncle R, right?"

Here is where I sensed something strange. "Yeah, of course, why?"

"I just got a call from your aunt. She said he... He was..."

Here, I felt even more strange. "What's happened?"

"He was found this morning, in his house, that he was dead."

"WHAT?!" I shouted in surprise.

"He was hanging himself in his working room. I don't know what is his problem but it's... It's just..." My mother was unable to speak anything.

And this is where I thought everything is strange. Is this what he meant with, "I will go somewhere far away"? Why did he 'visit' me that night? Did he want to say goodbye? But WHY ME? Why not my parents?

I still think it's strange, but still, I'm praying for his happiness.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chounojou, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
Why did he appear to you and not to your parents? Because sometimes children are more sensitive to the spiritual side of things than adults. Perhaps he could not get through to an adult.
chounojou (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Yeah, never really know why, but I guess that's true...

Your welcome:)
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
Maybe, since you were younger, he figured that you would have the hardest time understanding why?

Sad and sweet story, thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: