You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Orbs And Smells

Real Ghost Stories

Orbs And Smells

 

Recently I have been picking up many orbs in photos and I will get a whiff of specific smells. I had one specific encounter where I suddenly could smell blueberry and taste blueberry in my mouth. It freaked me out and I instantly got goose bumps and chills all over. I have no connection to this at all. I don't care for blueberry and it was so out of the blue. I am not sure if I am having some connections or if I am just making things up in my head.

In regards to the orbs, it started about 5 years ago and of course people tell me they are dust particles, but I find that hard and sad to believe. Has anyone else had these types of things happen? How can you tell if it is actually an encounter. Are there certain characteristics of orbs to look for? Thanks!

My cousin who lives with me has also had a few things happen where he hears people in our house talking. They are not upset or anything, they are just having a normal conversation. This always happens when he is alone at home. He also one day saw a flash of light go across the room while he was watching TV. Our other roommate has heard some talking as well and she will hear footsteps upstairs when she is downstairs and we are all at work.

I'm really not sure if this is anything or if we are all just seeing and hearing things. If anyone has any information that would be great. Another thing about me is that I'm a empath and I feed of other people pretty badly and I have never felt afraid or negative at my home. Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Allerz16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
Wow okay... That just happened.

Mozart was crazy obsessed with farts, no really, completely enamoured by farts. And you believe in reincarnation... Maybe there's a link?
FART-EXTERMINATOR (24 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-04)
'Orbs' are nothing more than remenants of dead farts lingering in dwellings where dwellers don't open their windows regularly. I used to have numerous orbs appear in my photos, until I began to open my home windows 3 hours a day, this solved the orb problem as I no longer have an orb in any of my photos. Not opening your windows daily traps your farts indoors, resulting in them appearing in your photos as orbs; I suggest you open your windows daily, in doing so will eradicate the fart-orbs from your photos.
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
MandyyNicole, I didn't catch that. That is fantastic advice! 😁
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-22)
Actually, the fact that you randomly smelled/tasted worries me. Smelling/tasting randomly like that can indicate a seizure, one you may not realize you had if not for the smell. You might want to see a doctor, especially if it happens again. Just to be safe.
I'm not sure what to tell you about the orbs though, I have a video of what I suspect is an orb, if you look at my story about it the link to the video is in the comments. May yours look something similar.
Savage_Lettuce (2 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-10-20)
Orbs? Smells? Try thinking about what you ate recently, there may be a connection.
Aggers (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-17)
You should try firstly to clean your camera.
Then go round to each room in your home and take a picture of the same spot twice. If the orbs appear in one photo and disappear in the other it's quite likely you have some ghosties.

Good luck!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
Hi, I see orbs and have done for many years, (I haven't seen any for a while, waiting for my story to be published on here for advice. I have a story published already on here with some good advice received).

The way I would explain the orbs I see is that they can sometimes just be a flash of light or act like a shooting star, these display themselves for longer than the flashes. Mine are always cream in colour and the light is bright. They are amazing, beautiful, graceful, always catch your attention, you would definitely know if you saw one with your naked eye. How this helps.

Sounds like you have a lot of spirit activity occurring and if your friends have witnessed it too, I would say that's a good thing.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
Allerz16- Those orbs are curious things for sure. There are many stories in YGS to refer to. You asked how one could tell if they actually had an encounter, well I would say you actually saw it/them with your own eyes and not through a lens. There are numerous accounts in YGS that have witnessed them with their own eyes. There are to many variables when it comes to photography.

You asked about characteristics, well those differ in size, color (which some believe have meanings) and duration. I personally have never witnessed any. Would love to though.

Curious to your statement of being an empathy, self diagnosed or has someone told you that?

Thanks for sharing
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-15)
As a photographer, I can help you with telling you if it's dust, dirt, bugs, a glare or something just plain weird that I can't explain.

You can put the photos on photobucket and link them in the comments!

Do you live in a house or an apartment? Voices can travel in really bizarre ways.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: