You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: It's Either Me Or The Orb!

Real Ghost Stories

It's Either Me Or The Orb!

 

This story begins the week of moving into my new place in Phoenix, with odd little sounds and whatnot, finishing with my favorite experience: the tale of the orb. If you are bored with stories about little sounds and voices, I recommend jumping right to the end paragraph.

Upon the first or second night, of moving in with my partner, I had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room while watching a movie. When I woke up in the middle of the night, it was to a flickering fan going berserk in the dining room area. "Ticka-ticka-ticka-ticka", it went as the blades cast light and shadow over everything in the dim light. It was scary to wake up to, but I figured the wiring of it must be screwy. So I skittered off down the dark hallway to the bedroom and went to sleep, dashing away from the willies.

The next day I shared my story about the dining room fan going nuts to my partner, and as I said this, I looked over to the area only to realize, as he started to say, "We don't have a dining room fan." And it's true, in actuality, it was only the light above the table flickering at a very low setting. It continued to do this once in a while until we replaced the bulb. No ghosts here.

Other odd things that have happened through my two years here have been a general experience of sounds in the kitchen but nothing in the cabinets, like sounds of plastic being moved, but there's no plastic to be moved anywhere. I inspect cabinets for holes, there's nothing, all new cabinets. It happens a lot, and I stare at the kitchen as it happens, seeing nothing. I try to go through everything, rattling, making nose, and I don't hear anything trying to run off, which is what I expect if it's mice or rats. Still not too weird.

Another time, I was sitting in the living room and heard my partner at the end of the hallway which opens into the living room, he said in a very sleepy way, "So tired." which isn't an uncommon thing for either of us to say, and I was feeling very tired when it occurred (but wide awake). The thing is, I knew he was in the bedroom with the door closed and I would have heard that very creaky door open if he had come through. When I later went to the bathroom, I saw that yes, the door was closed, and I was just hearing things? But it also felt a bit like, "Ah a ghost is trying to share my tiredness with me, or even mock me in my tiredness!" I also know it isn't too uncommon for people to have little innocuous audible hallucinations once in a while, without it being anything pathological, but it was still sort of funny and strange in the moment.

Other times, it sounds like someone is walking on parts of the hall's bamboo rug when nobody else is home.

But as for the orb...

My second round of night-frights came maybe a week into having moved here. I was in bed, fast asleep, and I had a very vivid dream that I was exactly where I was, in bed, asleep and unable to move while a white glowing orb that was slightly smaller than a bowling ball was trying to enter my chest. I could feel the force of it trying to push its way through my chest, and I was resisting it, trying to prevent it from getting in. The real horror for me was that if it got inside of me, if I absorbed it, I wouldn't know anymore if I was myself or if I was the orb functioning as myself. I tried resisting it, but the orb kept knocking into my chest and finally I tired out and it won. It got in, I absorbed it. The horror quickly passed from "What if I am the orb?" to "Well I don't feel any different so I guess that's okay" which is a pleasant effect of the orb for me, the vessel, to not have to be horrified of the change. I can't say that my life has tremendously improved or worsened since the orb, and I still foolishly experience myself as my true self, in utterly oblivious bliss!

Thanks for reading, and thanks to those posting their true experiences!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LittlePigLittlePig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-02-26)
I've experienced a few orb situations in pictures and videos of myself and my friends where I've seen it move around in a very weird manner, fascinating stuff.
unforgiven1 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+5
3 years ago (2021-02-01)
Hi Tweed, you're right. I had experiences with the plastic sounds too. For me it sounded like rustling around of plastic grocery bags. It always happened early morning and right next to my bed. Yet with nothing around that would make that sound! It's so weird. 🤔
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-14)
Little pig, in case you decide to comment, and I hope you do, the plastic sound is relatively common. I've heard it at odd times, unaccounted for, and many others describe similar. So it seems to be 'a thing' in the supernatural realm.

As for the orb, dream or no, that was an intense moment. Have you a history of vivid dreams?

Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-01-05)
LittlePig, LittlePig...
Would you answer any questions I might have if I read your story?

I went from "If you are bored with stories about little sounds and voices, I recommend jumping right to the end paragraph."

So I jumped to "The author, LittlePigLittlePig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments."

And decided against reading this experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: