You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Experiences Becoming Increasingly Creepier

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences Becoming Increasingly Creepier

 

I have had rather "strange" experiences my entire life. I'm 17 now and have never really been too scared by anything that has happened to me. I grew up in an older trailer park so as young as 8 friends and I would go around with tape recorders trying to explain the weird things that would happen to us. On one occasion we even had heavy metal pliers thrown at us from across the room several times, each time the pliers fell 2 inches from our feet and facing the same direction.

Needless to say, the paranormal isn't a new thing for me. I've lived with my grandmother in the same apartment for about 3 years. It's an older apartment building, and it is for people over 62 so it is very common for people to pass away in the building. I can live here because my grandma has legal custody by the way.

I've had strange experiences here from my first few weeks when one night I was on the couch and saw a human figure crouched run from one end of the room to the other and leave through the wall. The figure was all black and crossed right in front of me. I often see similar shadow figures standing near the dining room table at night when I get a snack. The really interesting thing about these at night experiences is that my cat will usually follow me when he hears my door open and every time we see something he arches his back and hisses. It is the only time he ever hisses.

These experiences have never really bothered me, since they seemed to pay me no mind. But the first experience that really stuck out to me happened about 7 months ago. I was home alone with my cat in the middle of the afternoon, which is a very common occurrence and why I think I have so many more experiences than my grandmother or my mum who often stays for the weekend. I like to keep my lamp unplugged when it isn't on and leave the switch on so I just plug it and unplug it. I was in the kitchen that afternoon when my doorknob unlatched, swung open, and slammed shut. When I went to investigate I found my lamp had been plugged in! No windows were open, and the door is rather difficult to open anyways because the knob is messed up.

When I told my grandmother about it she was very skeptical, but couldn't find any "reasonable" explanation.

Just a few weeks later I woke up at about 3am to my closet door repeatedly sliding open and closed. It wouldn't stop longer than 20 minutes and I ended up sleeping in the living room. But it hasn't happened since.

Things calmed down for a few months except for the occasional shadowy figure, one time seen by my mum.

Then everything started ramping up in ways I've never dealt with.

The first thing that really frightened me happened about 2 weeks ago. I was taking a shower and when I turned the water off to get out the shower curtain opened all the way by itself. There was an indent about 4 feet off the floor where there was an indent in the curtain, like a hand pulling it. There was no figure to be seen but it was one of the first truly terrifying paranormal experiences I have ever had. I was home alone at the time and refused to go back in the bathroom until my grandma came home 4 hours later.

Then exactly a week ago I was in the bathroom around 3 am with my cat when we heard someone pacing outside of the door. I say we because my cat became VERY alert. We heard the trash can being used, then we heard it right outside the door. The knob started turning and I said "Wait a minute someone's in here" because I thought it was my grandma. I opened the door and there was nothing there, even my cat kept looking around trying to find it. And my grandma was asleep. I could hear the same footsteps outside of my closed door until I finally fell asleep.

And most recently, last night I was again in the bathroom around 3 am. I heard footsteps come from my grandma's room to outside the door. The knob started turning and I again said someone was in there, but this time the knob kept wiggling for a few seconds until the door swung open with no sign of anyone there.

These past 3 experiences are really the only ones in my life that have been particularly disturbing. I don't know if this is something just wanting attention, or perhaps some sort of poltergeist? My mother thinks I may be more "sensitive" to these things since I have so many experiences. And my grandmother is no longer skeptical about the weird things that have happened to me. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Other hauntings by pickabiggerweapon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pickabiggerweapon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mispiritquest (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-29)
If you would like any help, we would love to investigate you house. I can be contacted at steve [at] mispiritquest.com.
pickabiggerweapon (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-29)
I don't use the term religious, but I believe in energy. So I am a pagan and I do a lot of stuff with protection spells on the place. Like I said this kind of stuff usually doesn't bother me but I would freak out if anyone opened the bathroom door on me so when I can't see who's doing it, it does get freaky.
Would other people categorize this as a poltergeist? Again I haven't dealt with many poltergeists so I'm not sure.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-28)
Eugh, creepy enough for me to not want to live there! I would say for you to ask it to leave you alone but then again I don't want you to anger it. Are you religious? Try a house cleansing with some sage or even a priest can perform it with you and your mum.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: