You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From Grandparents

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From Grandparents

 

I've always believed that deceased family will come and visit and also escort you when it's your time. I also believe that the young have a strong propensity to enjoy these visits and are more open and accepting to them. My daughter is a case in point. Her fraternal grandparents died when she was very young. Although she has vague memories of them, the older she gets the more they fade a little. Her maternal grandfather passed away many years before she was born and she's only seen pictures of him - or so I thought.

When she was about 3 years old, she was standing in our living room just happily playing and looking at the television. All of a sudden, she stops, turns suddenly and looks directly into the hall at the front door. There was no expression on her face at first and then she broke out in a big grin. She began to talk to someone and laugh as though she was told the funniest joke in the world. I was sitting on the sofa and had a direct line of view from her to the door. According to my eyes, there was nothing there... Just empty space. I realize children's imaginations are vast, but this was puzzling to me. After about 1-2 minutes, she abruptly stopped interacting the the "air", turned around and went back to playing. Laughing, I asked her who she had been talking to. She stated very clearly "Thomas". Chills went up my spine and I broke out in a sweat. Thomas was the name of her maternal grandfather and she had no reason to know that at that age. Also, she'd only seen one picture of him. How could she know the name and how that was? I realized Grandpa had paid a visit.

Like I said earlier, her fraternal grandparents passed when she was a couple of years older than that. One day, I heard her in her room sitting on the bead and singing a song that her Grandpa was famous for singing (and messing up on purpose to make the kids laugh). I went in and asked what she was doing. Her response - "Singing with Grandpa and Grandma." Guess they wanted to check in on her also.

As she's gotten older, the visits seem to be getting fewer and farther between... Or have they? Is she just not sensing them anymore? Every now and then I see a shadow dart in front of a light in our hallway and I wonder which grandparent is visiting today.

It's cool - as long and they don't visit ME!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Curious61, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Curious61- I just love "feel good" stories. This was great. That must have been soooo cooool.

Thanks for sharing.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-30)
Hi Curious61! It's just not your believe but it is believed by every single person in the world that our passed ancestors do help us when we needed the most.
It was a good story you have shared with us.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: