You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Man In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Hallway

 

When I was 12 years old we lived in this old fashioned house in Long Beach, California. I am now 22 years old. I never believed in ghosts or spirits until my encounter living at this house.

It was a three bedroom house. I shared my room with my baby sister and my brother and parents had their own rooms. Every night when everyone went to sleep they would close their doors except for my room; I don't know I just didn't like my door closed. We had a extremely long dark hallway. There would be some night where I would stay up to watch Disney channel while everyone in the house was asleep.

One night when I was the only one awake I was watching my show as usual when I saw a tall male figure in the corner of my eye peek into my room and when I turned to look he would back up and hide. For some reason I didn't really feel bothered by it so I just kept watching TV and once again I could see him peek in and out my room and every time I would look he would disappear. Eventually I just fell asleep because it was so late.

On this one evening I was in the kitchen making eggs and from my kitchen you can see the hallway because it was like a open kitchen bar thing where you can see out into the living room. Well, while I was making my eggs in the corner of my eye I saw the tall shadow man again! Just peeking and I couldn't really see his face but every time I would turn to look he would disappear but he would always reappear every time I would not look in his direction. It was so weird and creepy but I didn't feel afraid.

Finally one night when everyone was asleep except for my brother, because he had his girlfriend over, so their door was cracked opened and there light shined into my room. Well, I was asleep and for some reason something woke me up and when I opened my eyes there was a clear view of a Caucasian man in my room staring into the hallway! He didn't look at me, he looked like he was hiding from someone. He seemed worried and scared. I was so shocked I could not move. I was seriously on stuck mode, eventually I snapped out of it and turned my lamp on and when I did that he turned and looked at me and slowly vanished. I was so spooked I slept with my lamp on.

We eventually moved out that house but I'll never forget his face and all the times he would stand in the hallway corners.

Other hauntings by sonita562

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sonita562, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sonita562 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-07)
Yeah I basically saw a lot in that house when we lived there. Its was such a creepy house. There were other times when other peoplel who would come visit would claim to see a man in the hallway also.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
sonita562- Found it. Must have missed this one earlier. Wow, isn't that odd that you caught him and he reacted to you turning on the light.
This has my mind working. Is he doing the same thing when you only catch the glimpse? Does he look the same around that corner? Was someone else just getting the glimpse of him when he was in your room? Oooo that gave me goose bumps.
Well if you saw him for 7 years maybe he did something else besides glimpse?
Enjoyed this story as well.
Richy (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
You won't scare anything in the same case if you read the paranormal story "Love of the Dead",a famous ghost story was recounted by a wizard, was posted on Smashwords.com, Payloadz.com, Payhip.com and also on Kobobook.com. The man manifested in your story just a ghost to regret something in that house and you was there at real time. Just praying and follow what the wizard did on that story...Don't worry, "everybody will be the ghosts. Ghosts are people who died, people are alive ghosts" 😊
sonita562 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
I lived in that house for 7 years and in those 7 years I saw him in that house all the time so much that It got to a point where I didn't even bother looking at him.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-03)
Wow, I there's a man in my hallway to but he's like a shadow, and he peeks into my room and then when I look he hides, it's just like your Experiance, and he scares me, I have a story call the figure the touches and the door locks, which is partly about it and, I just came out with another one called the man in the hall is back with something else. I just saw this man peeking into my room again last night. How often does this happen to you?
sonita562 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
No it wasn't my imagination lol I only saw him in that house. The house in general was creepy I've seen other things in that house I just didn't feel like mentioning it because it would be such a long story. The house was really old. I've heard from the other neighbors that there were different people who passed away in that house.
freyajs10 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-02)
Was it your imagination?
I have seen a guy like the one you explained before always standing in the corner of my room I havnt seen him for ages but it really scared me when I did. I always ran into my mum and dads room. That was when I was 4/5 I'm 12 now but I will remember it for a while. If you ever see him again try and take a picture of "it" without looking at it and post it so that you have evidence! 😁 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: