You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Night Terrors That Have Become More

Real Ghost Stories

Night Terrors That Have Become More

 

I've suffered from night terrors since I was 12. I am now 34 and still experince them. I've trained my husband in how to respond to them, and have tricks in dealing with them. I say this to establish that I know how to tell a night terror hallucination is happening.

The last few years though I have been experiencing more. I wake up and my room is not my room. A wall is a different color, the dresser is smaller, my husband (who is white) was black. Little subtle changes that fade away. (Just as a side note my terror hallucinations are never "solid", any coloring looks more like a hologram than reality) The warped reality is more a nuisance than anything. Lately though the real issue is the shadow. It comes in from the window (same window every night) and goes to either the dresser or bathroom door. Some nights I can banish it, I channel (?) some thing and it goes away. Other nights it makes me give it something (which I can't remember by morning, only that it wanted something).

It never speaks, I just seem to know what it wants. I have spoken (once) to someone who passed but that was different, it was all cerebral and hard to explain. I seem to remeber what it wants between dreams but cannot as soon as morning comes. I only remember later in the day that it came the night before. This shadow though has me worried. I cannot get rid of it and it is happening near every night unless dogs are not crated, it doesn't come then. I would like to knows if anyone else has experienced this and got it to stop.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buffyfansc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-18)
Maybe the shadow wants something you actually have - did you pick up an antique recently? A good purge might help get your night terrors back to 'normal.'
BrittenyJ24 (1 posts)
-3
9 years ago (2014-11-06)
buffyfansc- I don't think this is a medical condition. I don't know what your spiritual "beliefs" are if you have any but, coming up in the christian church I was always told that when things like this happen it's a spirit. I can say that much is true because, I've experienced it all my life. I would go in to a trance-like-vision and my room would look different. If my husband was beside me when I fell asleep he wouldn't be beside me when it happened. I would see everything from dark silhoute figures of something, I've saw midget gnome like figures that actually attacked me and literally wrestled with me and much more. Where I come from (Georgia) every one calls it "Devil riding your back" or the "witch riding your back" I was always told to call on the name of "Jesus" when it happened or if I couldn't speak it I would say it in my mind. Try prayer before bed as well as open your Bible to Psalms 91 and sleep with it or near you. This has helped me over the years. When I do have this issue every once in awhile I am not scared because I know what authority I have over these spiritual demons. I pray that everything works out! Be blessed!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Echoing BJJ and Wish-not, again.

While you may believe you can tell the difference, it is incredibly possible that your mind is releasing a different hormone or more of it, causing different sorts of hallucinations to appear.

I agree you should get a sleep study and rule out anything else before settling on the paranormal option.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
buffyfansc- I'm going to echo BJJ on the medical concerns.
But will add the simple suggestion of leaving the dogs out of their crates. If it helps it helps.
Good luck. Keep us posted.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Since you do mention a history of known sleep disturbance, I have to ask if you've discussed these recent events with your doctor? Some medical concerns, especially sleep disorders, mimic the paranormal. If you've not had a doctor rule out a medical cause, I suggest you do that right away.
Sleep disorders can be treated, and paranormal causes can be dealt with, but you have to know exactly what's causing these events. Paranormal solutions will not remedy a health concern, so its very important that you know for a fact if this is health related or paranormal related.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: