You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Events After Funeral

Real Ghost Stories

Events After Funeral

 

I was 12 years old when my mom's brother passed away due to kidney failure. My whole family had to go to my grandmother's house for funeral. My Mom's brother was a very kind and selfless and had Helped many peoples in difficulty. Also my Grandfather is a well respected politician of the city so a lot of mourners had gathered at his funeral service. He was found dead In a hotel room after consumption of liquor. His body was removed by police and had to undergo postmortem. To specifically mention his death happened on the day of Ekadashi (Maharashtrian festival).

All members of family and friends had gathered at the funeral and the scene was sad one.

After the funeral all our family members had gathered at my grandmother's house and were discussing our happy times and stories about mama (mom's brother). My mom had gone into kitchen to bring us some food. As soon as she was gone a clear but transpernt figure of a handsome man opened a singular door of main gate to the house systematically as if In a style and walked into to a narrow lane inside the compounds (a by lane designed such that maid should go directly to the kitchen) and walked toward the kitchen. We could see the man clearly through the window of the house, all the people got up in horror as they saw my MAMA entering the house and going to kitchen. All the people in the room were surprised at his appearnce and we all thought that we were hallucinating. And stayed in the rooms as usual talking as if nothing had happened. After fifteen minutes we realised that my mom was missing from the scene and grandma went to see why she was so late. To her horror she saw my mom sitting transfixed on the dinning table as if listening to someone. My grandma took some water and sprinkled it on her face and she woke up in a startle.

Some time after my mom regained consciousness she told us that her brother had walked into kitchen and had a little talk with him. He (mama) told her that he had come to say a last goodbye and complete a promise he had just made before his death in a phone call to my mother.

After this to this day my mom has never seen him again but my grandma tells us that he sometimes comes to see her or his daughter on special days such as her birthday or her daughters birthday or on Ekadashi.

And mind it guys I am writing this today and realize that it's a Ekadashi. (Belive me guys, I am not kidding or did this deliberately, it just occurred)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Roohan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Ah! Thank you for that, Sonali, that is incredibly helpful.
Sonali007 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Sorry for hijacking but couldn't resist.

Emily - Ekadashi - eka meaning one and dashi meaning ten- is the eleventh lunar day of the lunar month in the hindu calender. It occurs twice in a month i.e. Once in a fortnight and depends on the transition of the full moon to no moon and vice versa. So one ekadashi falls during the growing phase of the moon (light) and the other during the reducing phase (dark). One ekadashi is marked by a 3/4 full moon and the other by 3/4 dark moon. It is believed to be an auspicious day in the hindu culture and is considered a best day to fast. Hindus link all good and bad happenings to the tithi (lunar day) in the hindu calender including birth and death. So if someone dies on a significant day like a full moon day or a no moon day it is believed that they show their presence on every full moon or no moon day thereafter. I believe that is the significance of ekadashi in this story. Hope this helps. Sorry for the length.

Roohan- I am sorry for the loss of your uncle but it was good to hear that he came back to fulfill his promise to your mom. Thanks for sharing your story.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-04)
Very sorry for the loss of your uncle.

I tried to look up Ekadashi, but I feel like those explanations did not really explain. Could you explain what that is?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: