You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Series Of Paranormal Events Pt. 2

Real Ghost Stories

A Series Of Paranormal Events Pt. 2

 

I have finally gathered my thoughts enough to get to writing a part two for you all. However, some of these next encounters are my close friend's as well. I might not be able to get them all into one story, but there will definitely be more parts.

Now, let me give you a little bit of background info on my friend before I continue. To start off, she is a Wiccan and has always been open to spirits and other things of that nature. So for the first of her stories, we live about 30 or so minutes away from a popular tourist attraction. The road down is a little bit windy and quite dark at night as there are very few street lights down that way. I'm not going to say much about the location as I don't want to give my location away for my safety. Another thing to note about this road is that after a certain part at night, people in the local car groups love to speed and drift down that road. Admittedly, it is a really nice area to do such.

Anyway, my friend went for a drive down there one night to clear her head. On the way down, she was on the phone with a friend on speaker in her car. The phone signal as you get closer to the gate at the end gets worse and worse and as a result, the call got disconnected. She immediately tried calling back but got nothing but static. She immediately felt unsafe and turned around. When she got closer to the main road, she called the friend again and asked what happened when she tried calling back earlier. He told her that she didn't call back at all. He sent a screenshot of his call logs and the second call was not there whereas in her screenshots, the second call was there.

This next part is going to be one of my personal accounts. Back in December of 2020, I was driving down a relatively popular scenic mountain road while killing time before I had to pick up my roommate from the airport. If you haven't been able to tell so far, my friends and I do a lot of "recreational" driving. To continue, I was at about the halfway mark between the start of the trail and the end, give or take a few miles. It was about 9:30 pm and I was the only one on the road. Nobody in front of me, nobody behind me. If there was, it was a significant distance to where I wasn't able to see them. I had my high beams on, as it was safe to do so, and I briefly saw a woman in a very strange white dress walking on the right side of the road facing away from me. As I mentioned in my first story, when I say I see things, I mean they are visible in my mind's eye. The woman's dress looked like a very thick off-white material (picture the outfit Baby Yoda wears) with sandals and dishwater blonde hair. Her head was pointed downward and away from me. I know it wasn't physically there because once I blinked, the woman was gone. Believe it or not, Arizona gets pretty cold in the winter. It was borderline freezing that night so the sandals didn't make any sense to me. And no, I don't live in Flagstaff or anywhere that regularly gets snow.

That's it for now. Thank you all so much for reading and I'm sorry for how wordy it was. I'd love to hear your thoughts about both encounters.

Other hauntings by Aeropostale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aeropostale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-01)
Thank you all for your feedback. The cell phone thing could definitely be explained, you are all correct. But I'd love to thank you all for being receptive of my personal experiences. Mack, the miner experience sounds so crazy! I would absolutely lose my mind if I saw something like that in broad daylight. And to LFrog, it has been about two years since he lived on that street but from what I remember, it was similar to the ABU's that are currently out of commission but the color was a little different. ABU's have that dollar bill green look to them but they looked like if you lightened an OCP by about three shades, so somewhere in between the two colors. It did look relatively modern but then again, I don't have knowledge as to what older uniforms looked like.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-04-01)
I will have to agree with Mack that your cell phone experience is most likely just chalked up to bad reception as I've had it happen before where my phone shows a call out but the recipient says they never got it and shows no missed call from me.

Your other experiences are quite different to me, however! It's a lot harder to prove something you've only seen with your mind's eye. Certainly disbelievers would say you were imagining it but I don't believe you were. I think some people are just born with a gift and others are not. It's not my place to pass judgment.

Regarding the Airman, did you ever see him move or see his face clearly? Was his ABU modern looking or more dated? I'd be curious to learn if he was killed on that street corner or not.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Hi Aeropostale,

Thanks for posting.

My take on the first part of you experiences can be put down to simply poor cell phone coverage. My wife and I have this weird thing going on with our phones (and we are in a relatively small location to each other) whereby I will send her a text, it will be marked as "delivered" on my phone, yet she doesn't receive it. Then I will send another which she will receive. Later, when we compare screens, it appears that texts just never make it. Seems to be completely random.

Now, one could suggest / argue that your friends' phone connection experience was somehow "paranormal:" but, for me, there's nothing to suggest so.

I've copied this principle directly off Wikipedia, which I feel is pertinent in the field of spirits / ghosts / paranormal etc.:

"...Occam's Razor, (Latin: novacula Occami), or the principle of parsimony or law of parsimony (Latin: lex parsimoniae) is the problem-solving principle that "entities should not be multiplied without necessity", or more simply, the simplest explanation is usually the right one..."

However, your second experience resonates with me as I had a similar experience about 20 years ago whilst driving down the West Coast of The South Island of New Zealand. To put this experience into a meaningful context, New Zealand has a relatively short history, but a significant aspect of NZ's history was gold rushes and gold mining, particularly in the South Island.

So, my wife and I were driving along the West Coast, I can't exactly remember where but I think it was possibly between Westport and Greymouth. It's a very beautiful, rugged region and the drive was very standard, as we took in the amazing vistas.

But then I remember VERY clearly we rounded a corner (which was in the middle of nowhere, not near any towns, or anything) and there, in broad daylight, on the LHS of the road, walking in our travelling direction was a gold miner / prospector.

I remember this so clearly because he literally looked as if he was from another time. He had a big beard, old style hat, old style clothes, something over his shoulder, possibly a shovel, an old billy (a small lidded pot for boiling water), old style boots etc. Basically he looked COMPLETELY out of time and place, almost "imprinted" on the landscape.

I remember looking at him we drove past, thinking "WTF?" basically. He also appeared very flesh and blood. To this day I am completely torn between believing that I saw a ghost, or if I saw a local who "hadn't moved with the times".

I can't recall if my wife saw him as well. I remember remarking on his appearance but I don't recall my wife's response.

Anyway, if I apply the Occam's Razor principle, it was simply a local, out panning for gold. BUT... To me, I'm just not convinced... 🤔

Thanks for sharing, and apologies for hijacking your experiences and rambling on a bit.

Regards

Mack
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hi Aeropostale

I believe that the lady you saw appeared to you for a reason, maybe you are more open to seeing and experiencing things other people can't.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: