You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can a Living Person Create a Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Can a Living Person Create a Ghost?

 

A few years ago, I lost my spouse in an accident, at christmas. I was pregnant with our baby. The police came and told me my husband was killed instantly in a car accident. For a few years, I paced our home at night crying, holding my stomach because it was painful, a lot of times at our kitchen sink, mourning his death. A few years later, I sold our home. I moved into my new home. A neighbor came and told me one day that she had met the owners of my old home, at a yard sale. They had told her that the home was haunted! They saw every year around the holidays a pregnant apparition crying, and pacing around the house, often in front of the kitchen sink. The women who bought the house said she had pains in her stomach in the kitchen...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

migsly (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-21)
i do think it was residual. It happened at my house when my brother visited. He'd change the thermostat temperature just outside my room every night after I was in bed. I'd hear him walking down the hall and adjusting the thermostat every night. The very night after he left, I heard footsteps walking toward the thermostat and adjusting it. It freaked me out!
mheitmeyer (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
This is several years late. But I just recently found this site.
That truely is amazing. Like many spirits and ghosts, they are kind of engrained because of a tragic event that occured. Kind of in repeat mode, other will see a deceased person doing the same things over and over. The traumatic death of your husband and the pain you suffered may have engrained some of your spiritual energy into the house causing the apparition. I could also believe the theory of a doppleganger. It is believed that everyone has a doppleganger. I could believe, as noted in some other comments, that the energy you released during your mourning created it and it remains stuck in a time it only knows, like it is trapped. Some could suggest that it is part of your soul. Not necessarily meaning that it is a bad thing if it is your soul stuck there. From the situation you explained, I would think that it is the negative spiritual energy of your soul that left you and still resides in the home.
I hope things are going well for you now and that you have gotten answers to help you be a peace now. But it is truwely amazing to hear about this phenmenon.
Have you ever tried to contact the new owners about it? Have you ever gone there to try to see it yourself?
tomtom1983 (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Can a person create a ghost? No. Only God can create a spirit, however a person can create something that resembles a ghost (P.K. Entity), but it isn't.

Certain people posses the ability to manifest energy in a way that manipulates everything around them (poltergeist). In rare cases these people can actually pull enough energy to create a conscious, all be it primitive, entity into existence. Like I said, it's rare.

This P.K. Entity is created without the person aware of it, from negative feelings, stress or trauma that hasn't been properly dealt with.

These "beings" are very dangerous if they are capable of gaining an awareness of it's self. At this point it must create negativity in it's environment by any means necessary to both gain power as well as survive. And it will unless you can rid the environment and yourself of the negativity that brought this creature into existence in the first place.

These entities can and will cause harm to any persons within it's reach. These entities, once strong enough, can also trap human spirits to the property. P.K. Entities are VERY dangerous. When you suspect this may be a P.K. Manifestation it would be wise to contact a trusted medium to help you verify and remove this manifestation.

So no, Humans cannot create ghost only knock offs, if you will.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-09)
I'm not sure how much I believe about the term ghost in the first place since it says in the bible that to be absent from you body is to be with God when you die. Although it also mentioned those (only a couple) who saw the spirit of some passed on in the old testament so it must be a possibility, but not like the gen. Pop. Think. Since the fallen angels have the ability, like the angels of God, to impersonate men and some have followed you all your life and know all your actions better than you do yourself and do impersonate loved ones to distort beliefs in the word. But on your experience, I do believe in dopplegangers, as to what they are I have no idea but I (and three friends) not only saw one but communicated with it and it with us so I know it was sentient, as to its purpose and reason for existing for those few minutes, again, I have no idea. Like it says in the word, I show you a great mystery, and the majority of which will remain so during this life and existence. I do enjoy reading of interesting experiences and I hope your doing well these days.
henrychalder (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
A couple of years ago during the summer I'd come round the back of my house on my motorbike and peered through the living room window to see a figure resembling my wife who appeared at the bottom of the staircase, she stared upwards for a few seconds before slowly walking upstairs, I wondered why she didn't hear my motorbike and look toward me? But then I heard my wife's voice come from behind me in the garden and there she was to my complete surprise as I'd just seen her walk upstairs inside the house?
I noticed by my new watch that it had gained 30 minutes, I later sent the watch back to the jewellers for a replacement. My wife told me that I looked very shocked at the time. This has been a mystery that I can't explain. I remembered walking up the stairs to check no one else was there but I was 90% sure that the figure was that of my wife so of course no one was there
Yuubishouki (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
The Doppelganger:
A doppelganger can be the ghost of a living person or any other sort of physical double that look very similar to the ghosts of the deceased. The idea of a doppelganger is sometimes similar to that of an "evil twin." The word doppelganger comes from the German Doppelganger, literally meaning "double-walker." Doppelgangers are also linked if not similar to crisis apparitions.
KitKatKatie (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-22)
That's amazing! I guess you can create a ghost. I have heard that strong emotions or strong amounts of energy can leave an imprint but I never believed it could happen. I stand corrected ❤ 😊
Witchez_Secrets (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
This story is amazing and it makes me think about my theory. I have had conversations with my friends about ghosts and I had come to the conclusion that when people are doing something that involves a lot of emotional energy, that energy concentrates on that one area, but I had only thought that this energy would appear in that area after a person was deceased... 😆 😲
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Definitely a case of what I term emotional imprinting or residual imprinting. Bad enough trauma can leave a mark on buildings or be projected (poltergeist activity). This is an amazing story.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
I'd say (on a side note) this story seems to be a residual haunting, not a "real" haunting. Unless you're dead and you decided to haunt your old house:)
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
If you believe in something enough, I believe you can give it power. So if you believe there is a ghost around you and no one can convince you otherwise, and things start to happen I can say you made it real yourself.
NSN82 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
I don't believe a person has to die to become a "ghost" I have heard several stories about people with the same experience. A women had had a near death experience when she was a child and continued living in the house when she grew up. She sees the event repeat consistently. This is because the event left some sort of scar on the house (in my opinion). Another women was able to (unknowingly) project her negative emotions into her house (this may have been because the house was located near an extreme source of energy which could cause the house to store these emotions or any events. I believe there is so much more to the paranormal the commonly accepted theories today.
revetwrot (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-17)
It has been said that ghosts are nothing more than recording of past events, and are recorded kind of like how VHS tapes work. I think that the apparition was created because you had lost your husband, which left you with vast amounts of emotional pain. This energy was, in a sense, 'recorded', and is replayed again and again. I believe that is what residual hauntings are, being that you are still amongst the living. The pains felt are also an affect given off by the feelings that you once experienced.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Interesting how this story has been posted here for three years, and it is just now getting the attention it so deserved.
I DO hope you are still around, highindesert. But by your posts and story numbers, that is a mite iffy.
It absolutely COULD happen just as you stated, and there are numerous recounts of stories of people this has happened TO.
You were in a highly emotional state, and basically left your imprint on the atmosphere OF your home that you shared and loved, with your spouse. I am so sorry for what you have lived through.
May I ask, as gently as I can, how did your honor his memory after the birth of the child?
Wa-do.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Yes you can... I saw my wife in spirit or residual energy walking around our house and she had no recollection of it... Some will say a residual energy is an imprint of a deceased individual, I totally disagree... If there's is an emotional connection or a spiritual bond to a home or venue, such as in your story... Residual imprints can be felt or seen whilst the individual is still alive with out there knowledge... I hope w.b puts some input into this one...
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I saved this story on my computer, because it is unlike anything I'd ever heard before. Maybe because it was such a traumatic time for you, that you inadvertently left an "imprint" of yourself. Why haven't you gone back to your old house to speak to the current owners? Find out if the apparition is actually you.
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
or now that I think about it it could have been a doppelganger I was just reading another story and came across the name and searched it its pretty identical have a look and mail me too see how it goes thanks. Cloud
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
its called astral projection its when your mind leaves your body now in this case I don't know how an apparition could ave appeared in the other house but I know that your mind does leave your body especially when you sleep and my theory is that what dreams are. Your mind exploring 😕
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
I believe people can create spirits, but they have no free will. I think it's like a computer running a program. It can not act outside the program rules.

Because you felt so horrible and were full of grief, you have created this spirit. The feelings have absorbed into that house and have become part of it.

I think something like that happened to me when I was a teen. My mother just seperated from a violent 10 year marrage and I was full of anger and hurt. All I wanted to do was die and strange things started to happen to me. I was followed by a shadow of a man with a wide brim hat and what looked like a trench cost on, but he had glowing red eyes. It would stare at me when I tried to sleep and sometimes would make loud weezing noises!
Yurei (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
I have a theory that when the spirit of the living tennant has an extremely strong connection to the home, the spiritual energy of the house is able to receive strong emotional imprints and project them. It's just a theory, mind you.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-17)
Probably an imprint, a memory, left behind because of the emotional turmoil you were going through. Then again, If time does fold in upon itself like Albert E. And several others agree, then everything that has happened in the past is happening now. All at the same time. Right now is everything. In that case, the people who see yours is the ones with a hightened sense that most others don't have, giving them that ability at certain times.
encartaphile (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
I sometimes hear my parents (alive) when they aren't at home. The first time this happened startled me, so I remember it the clearest: two feet from me, on the couch, my mother cleared her throat. The sound came from where her head would be if she were sitting there, but she was out at the time.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Sorry to hear about your spouse in the first place.

Similar incident happen to my friend when he moved into a house. This is probably what happened. All the negative energy your harvest inside of you finally escaped when you were crying cause a repeat of you. Basically it like you ripping a time space causing whoever there atm to see it and feel the pain you went through. Can't explain the yard sale one though.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Wow...That's just weird... I never heard of a ghost story like this ever before! 😲 I wish you good luck in your new home.
TruthBeTold (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-17)
Daaammmmmmmmmnnnnnn!that's trip. Maybe you created some sort of a pattern and a ghost copied it.
philippinegirl (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
im sorry for your loss...but! Gosh that's so scary!...it was you right? Geesh!...that makes my hair stand... So did you freak out? Or you just raise your eyebrow?...like telling them? Are you sure? That's me? Hello?
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
I am so sorry for the loss of your Husband! I can only hope that you and your child/family are doing better than you were. I have never heard of a living person leaving an imprint in a place where they mourned. It is absolutely amazing that this occurred! It makes you think about the things we experience. Whether they are always ghosts or imprints that possibly, a living person made. Thank you so much for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
I just read your story, and I m sorry for your loss.
I had no idea a oerson could leave their imprint until reading your story and reading the commentts. How fascinating !

God Bless!
Lunar_fox (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-09)
A living person could "create a ghost" in a sense. I once head about a young girl who found her parents murdered as a child, but she lived for years afterwards. Apparently a young girl now haunts the place where it happened and it is supposedly her.
Kodak (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-31)
Wow, I've never heard of such a thing before. This is truly amazing! I believe that there's still a lot of energy left behind in the area you were in pain so that's probably why the new residence were able to see/feel it.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: