You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our House Has a Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Our House Has a Visitor

 

We moved into our house six years ago in a small town called Hooper. It is a small farm town settled by Pioneers in 1849. Our house was built for us, the land is an old hay field with no known paranormal history. I have searched online and in the library for any abnormal history without any luck. Recently there have been some strange activities in the house. Here are the latest three:

1. My wife and I were in the bathroom taking a shower. The light switch is across the room and I was standing in front of the shower door rinsing my hair so my wife could not pass without bumping into me. The door was locked so no one could come in. The light switch is a dimmer switch. When I opened my eyes, the lights on the dimmer switch were much brighter. I asked my wife if she turned it on, she responded, "No I saw it move by itself..." Another time I was in the shower alone, the door was locked and I turned around just in time to see the dimmer switch move up by itself. The lights the dimmer were on turned on all the way, and they were brighter than I have ever seen them. After the shower I tested the switch and it appeared to work normal. It is not loose and takes some pressure to slide the switch on.

2. My wife was home with my oldest and they heard footsteps walking around on the back deck. They looked out the window and could not see anything. We live on an acre, so no one could come on the porch and run off without being seen. They investigated around the house and the lot (no trees) and saw no one.

3. We have wood floors in our house. One night I heard footsteps run across them. I shouted for the kids to go back to bed. The footsteps stopped then started again. I got up to see which kid was wondering around, but they were all fast asleep. I sat back down and heard steps run back and forth for 10 minutes. The steps repeated over and over like someone was lost, looking for something.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katghoti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sergei_Petrov (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
I currently live in Hooper. I'm interested to know a more exact area of where your house and the ex field are. I live just barely north east of Hooper Elementary and I've heard stories of people seeing figures at night out in the fields that are no longer being farmed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-09)
Sometimes the haunting that shows no kind of history are the most interesting. Also, what we would consider abnormal can sometimes be viewed as everyday life. I am wondering if someone was traveling through and something happened to them. I would say that would make them feel disjointed. Are you still in this place?
Thank you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
This is fascinating because the house is new. I wonder how it came to be "enhanced" by some unseen forces? Please keep us updated, very cool.
THanks.
katghoti (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
I don't have any antiques or any new furniture except an old piano, but that is a recent purchase. The weird thing about this is my wife and I looked at the land about a year before we purchased and decided not to buy, then ended up coming back through a series of events to purchase the land and house. I don't feel threatened by any means, and just last week it happened again in my girl's room. The lights came on and I went back to turn them off and she was sound asleep (she's three so I would know if she faked it).
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
I agree with Shane. I would be very interested in hearing the history of the land that your home is built on. Have you obtained any antiques furniture or like items?
Just curious.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
Interesting, I wonder if there is more to the history of the land than was recorded. Maybe someone passed away on their way to some place else. Or as Bell stated a Disjointed spirit who doesn't know what to do next. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-13)
Hi katghoti. It sounds as if maybe your spirit is just disjointed, doesn't know where to go. It seems innocent enough but you should just tell it to move on. Just say 'you are in the wrong place and you need to move on to where you belong, please leave us be'. I'll bet that will work for you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: