You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Night Study Turned Into A Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Night Study Turned Into A Nightmare

 

I am Sarim from the city of Karachi. This incident took place during my last semester of engineering (BS) in the month of November 2011, now I have passed out.

Our semester exams were to start in a week, and we had this course Industrial Control Electronics which I found a bit difficult to understand and so did rest of the 5 guys in our group. We had this nerdy sort of a guy in our class, Ahsan Ahmed, who understood this course very well, securing the highest marks in the mid-term examinations as well. He finally agreed to help us on a few very important topics that were more than likely to come in the final exam of ICE paper. He called six of us to come over for a night stay so that he would help us with those chapters.

We got to his bungalow which is located in a pretty secluded area of karachi (manghopeer). I have been at his home for the very first time, it was a double story building, we entered the main gate and went upstairs to the second floor, which only had a study room and and big veranda.

We got in and put away our bag packs. One of my friends, Shezad Burki, is a cigarette addict so, as usual, he took out his pack of smokes and lit up one before we could proceed with the studies. In the meantime, we started joking around, playing mp3 songs on our cell phones and trolling each other, making pretty loud noises. Ahsan kept telling us to keep our voices low again and again which we ignored.

After about 30 minutes we started studying at 1:00 am and carried on continuously for about 2 hours and 20 minutes when Shezad insisted us to take a break so that he could smoke a couple cigarettes So we halted the studies for a while and again started trolling eac other and playing mp3 songs at high volumes. Ahsan again told us not to make any noises, and keep our voices down but we didn't care.

Suddenly I heard a bang on the door as if something struck the door, which I ignored since it wasn't that loud. After about a minute or so, it was like bang bang bang (pretty fierce this time) felt like somebody was throwing stones at the door with great force. All seven of us in room heard it this time. We all were staring at each others faces, startled and having no clue who could it be at 3:20 am in the morning. I asked Ahsan if it could be someone from his family, but he said no one would be awake in his house at that time. Then again it started bang bang bang bang bang even more fierce this time than before. We could also hear the sound of rolling stones after they struck the door.

It continued for about 2 minutes without a break and we all stood there in silence awaiting what would happen next. When finally it stopped for about a minute, Ahsan got up and rushed towards the door. He held the door lock and then left it the next second crying in pain and saying it is too hot. I went towards the door and touched the door lock with a finger and yes it was hot enough to fry an egg.

After that we all moved away from the door. The banging sound on the door would happen randomly and then stop. This went on until about 5:00am, when we heard Ahsan's father shouting,"Ahsan,it's time for prayers" and he opened up the door without any problem.

I can't tell you how happy we were to see him open the door, blood again started to flow in our veins. We picked our bag packs and just rushed out of the room. As we descended the stairs we all looked back at door to find the piles of stones outside the doors but were amazed to found not even a single stone there. The door was scratchless.

Ahsan's father didn't hear any such bangings during the night when we inquired nor did his mother or any of his siblings. We still can't figure out what happened that night, but yeah I passed my Industrial Control Electronics with a 3.3 Gpa.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, engr_sarim10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tadaa (guest)
+2
4 years ago (2020-04-23)
Sarim... If I were your neighbor, and if you keep making loud noises at 3am, I would definitely knock on your door to tell you to keep the noise down. If no one answers, I would knock fiercely until you open. Maybe it's a neighbor like me knocking on your door
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
that could be a djinn doing that to keep you quite maybe he was present in that house.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Sarim
I empathize how hard you had to study. My son is going for his Masters Degree in Engineering and will graduate in May 2015. He doesn't talk about school much and it was like pulling teeth to find out he is on the Deans' list in his honors classes. I am so proud of him.
But he doesn't believe in the supernatural. To him everything has an explanation. A ghost would have to grab him and shake him and tell him that it was a ghost and still my son would argue with it that it is not.
This is my older son, my younger son is WhiteWolf and has had many experiences with the supernatural.
Your story is well written. I think your friend knew loud noises would make the banging start otherwise he would not insist you all keep it down.
When you are in someone's house you should respect the host and do what he/she asks. You were there to study not party.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
I love nerds! They're so hot and awkward at the same time. Reading the credentials of a geeky guy is like p0rn a la 50 shades of grey to me! Anyway,

Whatever form of entity this was it definitely didn't like the noise. Did it continue when you guys went quiet to study or did it make the bangs even when quiet?

What does Ashan have to say about it?
engr_sarim10 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Whenever I get a chance to go to karachi next, I would try to pay a visit to the same house with my friend and let's see if we could convince them to let us stay overnight and place a camera outside.
Will surely update you guys too and share the videos as well I succeed in convincing the new owners. I hope we don't make the entity mad, (if it really exist there) by doing all this deliberately. 😆
engr_sarim10 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Swimsinfire: Firstly I'm a Muslim and so is Ahsan's family, and I don't think that either Ahsan's family or mine have any such disliking or hatred towards listening to any sort of music. I am pretty positive about it that nobody from the neighborhood could get upto the second floor of the house and do all this banging throughout the night, since the house had been built in way that in order to get to the 2nd floor one would have to break the door lock in order to reach the staircase and we didn't find any broken locks as we descended the stairs.
engr_sarim10 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
lady-glow: The idea of placing a camera outside didn't hit our mind at that time. Secondly, it happened a couple of years back and i'm living in a different city now, plus Ahsan's family had moved to a different house 3 months after that incident so I don't really think the present residents of the house would let me stay overnight and place the cameras in their house.
And I'm pretty sure that it wasn't anyone from his family, why I think this way is that, the music we were playing was on our cell phones and volume wasn't loud enough to bother his family members downstairs or the neighbors.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Swimsinfire: actually what is now known like Pakistan used to be part of India until 1947.
I do not think engr_Sarim10 is Hindu, but perhaps the area where Ahsan's house is located was inhabited by Hindus at some time.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Ehr... R, it's in Pakistan, I don't think there is going to be a hindu influence from a spirit. But a number of Muslims here don't like loud music, do you think maybe it was the neighbors? Or the Dad. Only a thought. Personally I think it's an entity that's bad, since it didn't like family prayers, praying in a group is powerful, no matter what your tradition.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Raftingirl: Thanks for explaining the BS thing! 😊
Sarim: have you considered to spend the night at Ahsan's place and make noise placing a video camera outside the door? I think it would record anything from this world causing the disturbances; and by this I do not mean that I discard the origin of the banging like something paranormal, but just to be sure it is not his father or any other member of the family making those noises.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Maybe Ahsan Ahmed knew that you all thought he was kind of a dork so to get you guys back decided to scare the BS 😆 out of you... Lol
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
eng_sarim10

That sounds really creepy. Being in science as you are, you might have already considered the fact that his father might be the source of the banging - but as the father he does not have to admit anything.

The fact that it tends to sway to the loud music and noisiness leads me to believe so.

If it's a spirit, it may be very religious and does not like the taste in music. If you live in a Hindu family, some music today would put them off, I suspect even a spirit.

In any case, congratulations on your ENG degree (and PS - I'll tell you what BS sometimes means here in America - although it does also mean Bachelor of Science here as well... People use BS for a short form called "bull shiat" - meaning something not to be believed)

Peace to you, and congratulations again:)
Sue
engr_sarim10 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Hi guys, thanks for your responses. First of all this is for the wonderful lady,lady-glow ❤ 😆 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/BS
In real world, BS means Bachelor of Science and is very much related to engineering. I don't know what does BS means here in YGS 😆. Please enlighten me:.:p
Well guys, when we met Ahsan at the university on the examination day, this was the very first question we had asked him, like what the heck was that all about,sersiously? He tried to shrug it off by telling us that it might be somebody from his neighborhood playing a prank but I was sure about it, that it was not possible for anybody from the neighborhood to get upto the 2nd floor and do all that banging at the door, and that heated up door lock? Takes this question out of the equation, since one could bang the door with stones from the outside, but no way one could heat up the door lock.
There were no houses adjacent to Ahsan's at least for the next 400 yards on either side, but there were 2 houses on the opposite side.
Though Ahsan had tried to shrug it off, but there was no way we were going to believe his story. When we met him after the examination we insisted him to tell us if he and/or his family had experienced anything as such in that house. He told us that it was the very first encounter for him too, with that entity, since they moved into that house a couple of months ago, but he did tell us that his younger sister told them about hearing couple loud scream while she was listening to music at high volumes, (but no banging at the doors). She turned off the music, and came downstairs all freaked out and told her family about this incident, which nobody had believed.
And there is no tragic event that I know off, that might had happened there.
Ell_Annabelle (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
It does sound like it was an entity, if it was any member of the family asking to keep it down they would have at least said something or you would have heard them on the outside of the door. I think you should ask if your friend has ever heard it before and that is why he wanted you to keep the noise down? X
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
That's what I was thinking too. Had Ahsan dealt with this before? It left when the family was starting prayers, that usualy means not a good entity. A really well writen story. Congratulations on graduating. Welcome to YGS.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Welcome to YGS!
Sarim: I find your story very intriguing and funny just imagining all the goofing around you guys were doing.
I am under the impression that Ahsan was worried about the noise, but was it only out of concern for his family to be awoken or did he know of any other reason to keep it quiet?
Did you ask if he and/or his family members had ever heard the same banging on the door?
How far away was the nearest house?
Do you know of any tragic event that might had happened in that area?

And lastly -What does BS mean? - Basic Science? I ask because here in YGS BS means something that has nothing to do with engineering! 😆 😆 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: