You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Held Too Tight

Real Ghost Stories

Held Too Tight

 

I read the stories on here all the time and have for a few years. I have made comments here and there but did not feel I really had an experience to post. That is until I read the post by Angel. Her story is somewhat similar to my experience, though not exactly.

I never physically saw a spirit that I know of, though I'm sure I have felt the presence of a few since I was young. I have often heard that spirits can/will visit you in your dreams as that is when you're most receptive to them. What I didn't realize was until last year I have been having those type of experiences for many years. You see, I lost my husband in 1991 and I have raised my kids on my own. They are now adults.

You see since then I have been having these dreams. The dreams I have had off and on for years would leave me confused and I would wake up crying. I have been controlling my dreams since I was a child so even when I feel like a dream is going down a dark path, I usually can change it so that it is not a nightmare. Like dreaming that I am running from something but then stop turn around and say "what am I running from, why am I afraid" and that usually ends the dream or I will control the dream, but I never felt that I had control of any of the dreams with him.

Now these dreams are different and each would end the same way, some would start out with the two of us being together after a long separation, like him having just run off or something like that. You know, missing for some reason. Sometimes we would be lying in bed or just sitting in the living room but he would not touch me and by that I mean no touching of any kind, no hug, no handshake, and no kiss, nothing. I would ask where he had been and why he was gone for so long but get vague or no answer at all. Usually in the beginning of each dream I would feel so in love, so happy for him to be in my life again but each dream always ended with me trying to figure out why he was rejecting me and I would wake up crying and hurting very badly, often this would lead into a bout of depression.

These dreams always left me feeling even more unloved than usual and since I have always had confidence issues I think they just hurt all the more. I finally asked a psychic that I felt I could trust about it and their reply was:

He is asking for you to let him go.

Look into a mirror eye to eye

Say his name, that you love him, and release him.

Do this daily and believe.

Frankly, when I got this message I cried because I have always wanted him to be happy and was very distressed to find that I am keeping him from moving on. Because of me, I was not only holding myself back from love and moving on but him as well. That part still hurts even as I write this.

I still do this and have not had the disturbing dreams since I finally told someone and asked for advice. I hope one day soon to be able to fully move on and find someone who will love me again. Someone that I can hold and cherish.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Revajane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Revajane- That was a very heart warming story, which in my opinion proves the way a person lives their life, they resume in their spirit. It is good to read a ghost story like this. I do wish you well in this New Year. ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
And there we go, now I need tissues.
All the hugs, Reva. *hugs* Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you find love and peace. ❤
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Weell... I'm thinking it takes some effort for spirits to manifest themselves in our dreams at all, yes? And he is coming to you multiple times in very lucid dreams, and taking time for conversation, sitting in bed with you. That's a guy that loves you. But it takes someone who really loves you tho love you enough NOT to touch you when that is not in your best interest. So he's trying to get you to dissasociate from him, and move on to the living. That takes a real man. Wow, he really puts you first.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Thanks for all the kind words. Frankly, I could have used this kind of support way back when.

Notjustme - thank you for you comment and don't worry about promoting your story. I will be reading it today. Frankly, I would love to have visits from him again I want to feel the love.

Swimsinfire- Just curious on how you came to that conclusion "and he's explaining to you that you will have something good again that's not just in your dreams" Looking back now I still can't see it that way. But the pain could have been getting in the way of that part of any message.

TinAA - I think we did we seemed to have what I call a triple connection physical, mental, and emotional. I know that I need all three and was blessed to have that as a young adult.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Revajane- your story hits me right in the heart. I can relate to you, and because of my similar experience since losing my ex, led me here to YGS. If you are interested you can read my story "here when needed" and "yes I've seen him and you're not alone". I'm not trying to promote my stories but it's the easiest way for you to know that I get it. I know EXACTLY how you feel when you get these visits. At first I would wake up and cry, but as time goes by, I feel the peace that flows through him to me. I believe they want us to be free of the pain, the guilt, the longing, all the bad and move on. Believe me, even if you "let him go" you will still get visits but they will change to a much more peaceful, loving emotion.
My friend, it's stories like yours that I generally wait for just so I can comfort you and share with you my own, and to let you know he will always be there, I promise.
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Hi Revajane, thanks to share this experience, I believe that when you share a strong bond with your loved one, this happens... Bodies depart from this world but separating the souls is impossible kind of. From your story it seems not only you... But your husband too loved you a lot and for the sake of that love he was unable to move on. Nice that you released him and you both finally he moved on to your ways.

Thanks to Angel who inspired you to publish this story 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
That is such a strong story. But I hope you aren't feeling rejected. It sounds like you were very blessed, and he's explaining to you that you will have something good again that's not just in your dreams, but 24/7! Great story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
Revajane - your experience reminds me of how I think I would feel if I lost a husband I loved with all my heart. I've been married and divorced twice and have often said I never want to experience a loss like that. I don't want to love a spouse so much that my heart would feel like it died with them. I know that my hurt/loss would keep them here and it's not fair to them for us to bind them to us like that.

I do believe our loved ones, as well as others, visit us in our dreams and I believe we receive messages that way.

Thank you for sharing your story with us 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
aw it's always hard to let go of someone who means a lot to you. I am sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: