You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family History

Real Ghost Stories

Family History

 

My whole family can see spirits. I choose not to, in a attempt to keep my sanity. The encounters that stand out in my mind involves grandma and my mother.

First up is my grandma. She passed on due to cancer. Over the following months I had heard my other family having encounters with her spirit. Mine was a dream encounter. I had dreamt that I had appeared on a beach which none of my dreams ever had that. I look behind me and grandma is walking up to me. We walk along the beach talking, I can't remember what about. The next day I went to my grandpa's for a holiday. I'm at the sink rinsing a cup out when my cousin walks up to me. "So! You had a talk with grandma?"...how in the hell? I hadn't told anyone.

Mom - Mom passed on in December 2009. The same cousin who told me she knew about me and grandma's conversation saw mom go into the light. I'd heard from family she was still around but everything started for ME about 3 days after she passed on.

My mom was a notorious pack rat. Outta boredom I decided to go through the closet of the apartment and do some cleaning. It was about 9:50 pm. I know this cause dad usually got off work at 10 so I knew wouldn't be long until he was home. I threw some papers away and I'm positive I heard mom call my name. I thought "nah couldn't be." The next night I decided to go to bed about 9:30. I started dozing off when something woke me pretty quick. At the foot of my bed was mom with a sorrowful expression. She appeared 3 days in a row.

One other encounter was with my father's spirit. Dad passed away November 2014. I got the vibe I wasn't alone at grandpa's. However, to keep things smooth I didn't let anyone know. I got your usual cold chills, the feeling of being watched. I was semi-lucky in dad's second wife gave me mom and dad's ashes. However, to keep little hands (children) out of them grandpa okayed it to leave them at his house. They're in his room where even when I was a kid I wasn't allowed.

One day we were doing some work in the house when his fire detector started going off. Thing is we stopped it and walked away. Grandpa left for the hospital temporarily. It seemed as soon as he left it started going off again. Every time I'd stop it, it'd start up again 5 seconds later. No doubt as to who was behind it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CBguy1983, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angel9090 (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Seeing spirits should come naturally if you are gifted. What do you mean you choose not to see spirits? Does that mean that you see them but chooses to ignore them or that you do not see or sense spirits at all?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
CBguy1983, I am sorry for your losses. Dreams are an easy way for departed to have contacts with the living. But you could have asked your cousin as to how he knew that your grandma was talking to you when you hadn't disclosed your dream to anyone. Even now, you can ask. I feel that you are sensitive to spirits.

Thanks for sharing and yes, I forgot. Welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Did your cousin explain anything about how they knew that? I am guessing that opened up a conversation with your cousin. Did your cousin also have similar dreams? Did they talk about you? Sorry for the barrage of questions there, I am just interested in hearing that part of exchange.

I am sorry for all of your losses.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
hi, CBguy1983 I am very sorry for your loss... You story is really interesting...
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
hey...sorry I gave you wrong link by mistake

This one is the link

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=11473
TinAA (1 stories) (84 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Hi CBguy1983, I am sorry for your Parent's death. I believe in your experience because mine is partly similar to you. My mom has this ability of sensing/dreaming something very bad that's about to happen, and since I was a kid I have it too.
For example there are many. Few experiences I have published on sister site of YGS. You may read it if you are interested on below link

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=114

Thanks to share
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
I loved your story. You make me think of my very sensitive son. When we drive through Battlefield Park in North Georgia, he holds a book in front of his face, and says "I'm not listening to you, I don't want to hear about it!" Meditation helps a lot. So glad you got to see your loved ones in a dream like that.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-07)
oh wow that is a very interesting story, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: