You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Held Down And The Man With Orange Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Being Held Down And The Man With Orange Hair

 

I'm 23 years old and from the West Midlands in the U.K. About a year ago I was half sleeping, lying on my side when I felt a huge pressure fall down on me holding me down. I was unable to move my arm. I had my eyes closed but I was fully aware what was going on, I couldn't open my eyes through fear. I believed that someone had broken into my house and was going to attack me. If this wasn't bad enough suddenly I began to hear/feel breathing in my face. I didn't sound human almost dog like with heavy panting. It lasted a few minutes then suddenly stopped and the weight was lifted. I threw my arm back and jumped from the bed in a panic to find that there wasn't anyone in the house. I locked my bedroom door and then a calm spread through my body and I fell soundly to sleep.

A few nights later my Mum happened to mention that she had a strange feeling the night before. When I asked her about this she said that she fell asleep sitting up in bed whilst reading. She was woken up by pressure on her shoulders but she was so scared that she couldn't open her eyes. Then she began to hear what sounded like faint talking in her bedroom and whispering close in her ear. Again she said it lasted for no more that a few minutes.

It isn't the only time anything strange has happened in our house... When my Niece was very small and just started speaking (7 years ago approx.) she was constantly telling someone in the corner of our lounge to be quiet and getting quite angry and frustrated with the person who she was always claiming to be laughing at her. The last time she appeared to see anything was when she ran from our hallway into the lounge telling us that there was a man with 'orange' hair under the stairs. That time she was very scared so I imagine it not to be the entity that was laughing at her previously.

My Gran passed away 3 years ago in early hours of the morning... The night she passed away I was in bed reading a book but was completely distracted by music. I could hear what sounded like an old swing band playing a tune with a man on vocals, and mixed in with all of this I could hear lots of voices like a party going on. I looked out of the window to investigate, thinking that maybe a gathering was happening in our street but I was deadly quiet. I've never heard the song that was being sung before or since! I was woken up early hours by a banging on the door to tell me my Gran had passed away.

All these happenings have been causing me confusion. I really don't know if my house is haunted or that I'm sensitive to spirits?

If anyone has any views please share them with me!

Xxxxx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lennonist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lennonist (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Hi, thank you all for the comments I will surely look into the history of the property. As for the orange hair she was very young at the time but definitely saying it was a man.

Just lately I have began to experience tapping at my bedroom window again in early hours of the morning and when I investigate there is no-one in the street. I'm feeling very uneasy!

Xx
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
A man under the stair with orange hair... 😐 sounds like something out of a Tim burton film but creepier. I agree with Melody you should look up more info about your residence.& the music... Maybe it was a way for your Gran to make her passing known. Maybe it was a climpse of her afterlife. Whatever it may be May she rest in peace. God bless and keep us opdated on your story it was very interesting. 😊
melody1084 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
The entity sounds disturbed. You have two experiences happening here- first you have this disturbed spirit and then you have your grandmothers passing. These are two sepperate situations. I believe your grandmother was communicating her passing to you by the means of music and people talking, perhaps that would be the easist way of communicating to you without scaring you. And this disturbing entity- I would try and investigate the history of who lived on the property or land before? You need to have a understanding so you can better assess the situation.
The-Haunted-Teenager (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Yeah Desertfox, maybe you and him can dig deeper into the orange hair or person, which ever it was for the little girl, and you guys could figure out whether anything or anyone with orange hair passed away that you knew, it, honestly could've been anything with orange hair
Desertfox (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
I had a similar experience with "something" having orange hair. I was around 6-7 at the time and I would always see a tuft of orange hair around corners. Was it an actual man with orange hair or did she just see hair like in my case and assumed it was a man? Interested to see if there's any correlation between our two experiences

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: