You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Men In Black Hats

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Men In Black Hats

 

My story begins in a small cabin outside Sperryville, Virginia, about 3 years ago. My girlfriend and I were attending a communal gathering at a friend's cabin for a weekend getaway.

While relaxing in the living room, a man in a black cloak and wide brimmed hat appeared in front of me. He didn't say anything, he just stood looking through me. Almost immediately, other men in the same clothing started appearing. They were completely black with no faces.

They dispersed around the room, watching everyone talking, and were somehow connected telepathically to the man standing in front of me.

There was no communication, but I felt that they were somehow connected to the man whose family owns the cabin. I only saw them this one time, during the weekend outing. I tried to get them to tell me who they are, but there was only silence. Eventually they disappeared and didn't come back.

About 2 1/2 years later, we were invited to another party; this time at the man's home in Falls Church, Virginia. Upon parking in front of the house, I felt a warning being sent telepathically to me, cautioning me not to enter the residence. I chose to ignore the message.

After spending a bit of time in the living room of this other home, I felt a presence watching me. I started scanning the room and noticed a shadow resembling the same man I saw at the cabin. He appeared to be waiting for something to happen. Again, other men entered the house and proceeded to stand in every room, staring at the people attending the party. Next, another shadow man came over to me and asked who I was, and what I was doing there. I told him I wasn't doing anything, and was invited to be there. He tried to scare me by changing his face to that of a skeleton with red eyes and smoke flowing out of his mouth. He said he could be anything he wanted to be.

I energetically raised a hand in front of him and commanded him to leave. Somehow I knew that this would make him back down. He said I was not welcome there and disappeared. I have not seen these shadowy people since then, but don't feel that they have good intent.

Since seeing these men, 3 people who are close to the man who had the parties have tried to commit suicide, and 1 person of the 3 was successful in ending their life.

I am still trying to figure out what their purpose is, and whether they are merely observers, messengers, or have an agenda to cause harm through negative influence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elohim7777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Nice to hear all of the write up and the respective comments of our fellow members of YGS.

I had one opinion. Something you experience which is neither common nor pleasant... Tends to have a deep mark on psychological perspective. Some takes years to recover and for some, denial seems to work wonders

And then... There are drugs.

Anyways... I had a question - did this incident had any strong repercussions on you? I'm talking psychologically... Anything of a traumatic aftermath? If any - kindly describe it if its ok with you.

NOTE: this is all under the presumption that you have actually experienced this.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Oh my gosh! - Only two weeks within the new year and already reading crappy horror tales! 😭
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-12)
Dear friends,
I echo the sentiments that you have so cordially put down in the comments section in one word

"Jibber-jabber"

Or is that two 🤔

Regards
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
I would like to think if that was me the last thing I would be doing is trying to talk to one of those things.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
Wow...at first I thought the OP was going to command them in 'his name' to depart... Or am I the only person who caught that the OP's screen name is one from the bible used for God? Elohim...Jehovah...God...are all used in one chapter or another to 'name' Heavenly Father.

I offer the BS Blankie for this one... Something just doesn't 'feel' right.

Respectfully,

Rook
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-11)
Swims, I'm rolling in laughter right now. OMGoodness.

Elohim, I'm wondering the same things as all other previous commenters.
Ladyhawk84 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
elohim7777,the other peoples who was to the party, they have seen those dark men, or just you have this gift?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-10)
Hello guys, I will put it straight. I don't generally be blunt. But, this one calls for one. I just can't believe this write-up. It is a "story". And the aspect of changing faces look like skeleton is just out of some "Tamil horror movies" in my country. My opinion is that it is just a "made-up" story.

Regards and respects to everyone.

SDS
elnoraemily (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
I have finally figured out the questions I wanted to ask. Don't take these offensively. Clarification is a good thing.

1) If they had no faces, how did you know that the main guy was looking through you?

2) Did they appear instantly, slowly, walk in? That sounds nit-picky, but I would like to be able to picture this.

3) You were talking to them, asking them who they were, but did anyone notice? If you were at a party and they were standing behind the people, did no one notice you acting a bit strange?

4) A telepathic warning sounds a lot like your subconscious kicking you to get your attention. That's not really a question, just sort of my viewpoint on it.

5) The second time the men showed up, you said they entered the house. Did they walk in or appear like the other ones?

6) No one else noticed smoke billowing from nothing in the room?

7) Is this conversation with him happening telepathically or out loud?

8) If they have the same clothing with no faces, how did one resemble the first one? Wouldn't they all resemble each other?

9) Did no one notice you raising your hands in the air and commanding things they cannot see to leave?

10) What makes you think that their influence was negative if they just stood there? If they were messengers, they don't seem to be very good at it if you don't know what the messages are.

11) I also have to ask if you had anything at these events that could have altered your perceptions.

Sorry, I know that was long. I was trying to piece it together for a bit and figured a list was the best, least rambly way to go.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-09)
Oh my gosh, that is freaking scary, and that face shifting part is terrifying I picture like one of those effects in movies that look so real, but picturing it is scary, and like wish-not said; that IS some pretty serious stuff, the only thing is that I couldn't picture them with hats but I still believe you, good thing you had the courage to stand up to him, it's great to have that much courage. Thanks for sharing you experience, I enjoyed reading it.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+6
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
Sorry, this does sound like "the hatman meets Earnest Angely". I also wonder about the lengthly conversation that no one noticed, and the fact that these instances all happened at parties. Don't get me wrong, I've been to gatherings where lots of people had conversations with things like a back hoe, a sweet-gum tree, and I myself sang to a rose bush. Just saying.
Profound_Disbelief (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
too many holes and confusing statements I too would like to know these questions asked earlier and also how did they "enter" the home bc you said at first they just appeared then later they entered.
This is most likely not a true story to those wondering.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I will risk sounding callous to point out that there is an estimated 1 million suicide attempts each year, with about 40, 000 being fatal. Without knowing their current problems in life, it's hard to pin that on something supernatural. People between 25-60 have a high risk of suicide and it's the tenth leading cause of death in America.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I'm going to echo BJJ and ask the same thing. Even if one does see the paranormal, the average person cannot see full details but the most hey see is a see through image which lasts a few seconds, not a full image and them doing things, let alone a huge talking session and then you banish it. Kinda odd if you ask me.
Please come back to answer questions. Thanks~ 🤔
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
These entities only appear in a party setting? Um, at the risk of sounding mean, was there anything in your system that could have altered your perceptions? As for the people who committed/attempted suicide, did they have a history of self destructive behavior or suicidal tendencies?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
I have the same question as elnoraemily, did nobody notice what YOU were doing? Talking to yourself, flailing your hand about, etc? (I assume you spoke out loud?)

I would assume they are connected to your friend in one way or another, as you saw them at both of his parties. Did you notice them paying extra attention to the people who eventually tried to/committed suicide? Do you know if these people were previously suicidal? And were they at the cabin as well? Have you talked to the man who threw the parties about this? I would have definitely brought it to his attention.

Sorry, two more questions. Did anybody else notice these beings, or any type of negative feelings?
Do you experience things like this often? (Seeing, hearing things that others can not)

Creepy story indeed.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
How exactly did you know that they were linked telepathically?

Did no one else notice you trying to get them to leave?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-01-08)
elohim7777- Holy Cow that's some serious stuff! And you just looked at him? I would have sh#*t myself. Geezzz.

All valid questions at the end. I do not have a clue. Not one. I have read a bunch of stories here on YGS that described them exactly as you did. Obviously they get around.

Going to be following the comments on this one for sure. Thanks for sharing this really, really creepy story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: