You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Granddad's Ring

Real Ghost Stories

Granddad's Ring

 

This is my first story I have posted on here so many apologies on my writing.

My granddad died five years ago but when he died he left a ring for my father (don't ask, horrible step nan who wanted everything)

I was twenty-two and just got my first flat, I taken the ring with me so I can be closer to my granddad- He was my favourite.

I just got everything sorted in my new flat and put the ring in my room. One night I was getting ready for bed, went in my room and heard a loud growling noise and a horrible male voice saying "GET OUT". I just put it down to the neighbours television (as you can hear quite a lot of noises in the block of flat I live in.)

I woke up startled by a child's voice saying my name, again I thought nothing of it. A few weeks passed and I saw or heard nothing. I lay in my bed but couldn't sleep. I then saw a shadow/mist figure walk past my bed room. As I already said I was twenty-two at the time I hid in my duvet until my alarm went off for work.

I kept hearing the growling and name calling and I do wonder if it was the same spirit. One night was the final straw. I was asleep and felt somebody shaking me and calling my name. It did sound like my granddad. I woke up and called him. The child's laugh came just after I called my granddad's name. Was this an evil spirit or was it my granddad? I just didn't know.

A couple of days later I told my sister about all the experiences I have been having. We both researched the flats and found no deaths or hauntings known. We kept on researching as to what it could be. She then came to my flat and heard all the noises and the laughter and noticed our granddad's ring. She asked why I had it and if it belonged to me. I told her no but I taken it so I can be close to granddad.

After more research we found out I angered the spirits by taking the ring that wasn't mine. I returned to my father's house and no more activity has occurred. The experience was awful but I know not to take things that don't belong to me.

Thank you for your time in reading this experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Saya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
I don't think the noises you heard had anything to do with your grandfather. I don't see why your grandfather would make a little girl laugh noise.

"After more research we found out I angered the spirits by taking the ring that wasn't mine." - what kind of research did you do that concluded this? I also echo SDS' questions.

Even though you've researched and found no hauntings or deaths, that does not mean there wasn't any. Many times more than often, it has to do with the land more so than the building. As well, many deaths were never discovered.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to your reply.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
Hello Saya, I don't really know how to comment on your experiences. If you are so fond of your granddad and if he had reciprocated the same before his demise, then why he should be angry with you and you commented about your father in the first paragraph. So, having known what he was or he is, why he should be so angry. Further, whatever you said involved an angry voice asking you to get out and laughter of a small kid. Both don't match. By the way, if some one was angry, it should have been your grand father but you said spirits were angry. How did you know that the spirits were angry and in your opinion, which spirits were angry? I also want to ask you, prior to your bringing the ring to your flat, where was it and when it was in that place, did anybody experienced anything what you encountered? If so, please share it with us, then we can conclude that the spirits were attached to the ring. If you haven't enquired about it, please do so even now. Perhaps you may get the answers.

Anyway, be watchful. Please do share if there is anything else in the encounter.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Do you still hear or see anything odd? Like shadow or any noise? If no then its sure that it was that ring which made your home a haunted place
Good luck, Stay blessed

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: