You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In The White Dress

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In The White Dress

 

My parents split when I was 5. I moved in with my mother and brother into this small, cozy house. We were still putting our stuff into our rooms and such. The first night we stayed there, we had to sleep in the same room. I slept in the bed with my mom and my brother slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. During the day, we heard noises and bangs, but put it off as just the house still settling.

The bedroom we were sleeping in had three windows. One on either side of the bed and one at the foot of the bed. That night, I woke up around 3:00 am. I turned to the window on the left side of the bed and I saw a lady standing there in a white dress, looking out the window. She had long, white hair flowing down her back. She seemed like she was crying.

I was debating on getting up and walking over to her. In the end, I decided against it. I turned to the window on the right side then looked back at her. I sat up and tried to speak, but no words came out. I watched her for a few minutes. I looked out the window, and saw the church that the house was right next to.

I looked at the window in front of me, then my mom. Everybody was fast asleep, leaving me and the lady awake. I turned back to her, but she was gone. I looked around the room to see if she went somewhere else, but she was officially gone.

I laid back down and fell asleep thinking about her.

The next morning, I told my mother about her and she said, "She must be from the old church..." Ever since then, I have never forgotten about her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CanYouKeepASecret, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi CanYouKeepASecret, welcome to YGS. With only one experience, I find it difficult to comment further. Again 3 a.m. Comes to play and whenever someone says that they have sighted or experienced something paranormal at that hour, I go skeptical about it. No offence meant. Still difficult to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
CanYouKeepASecret (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
HellenaLightfoot, I never did felt frightened by her. I only felt very surprised and feeling very confused on why she was there. I was only 6 years old at the time too, but my gramma (she past away before I was born) used to visit me all the time, too.
CanYouKeepASecret (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
ifihadyoux, thank you. I never did see her again. I moved away from that house when I was 7 years old about. The only emotion I had was being very confused on what was going on.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
Welcome to YGS. Did you ever see her again? I would assume that since you lived across the street to the old church, there is more than likely a graveyard in close proximity. She could have been just as curious about you as you of her. Did you get any emotions or gut feelings from the encounter?
HellenaLightfoot (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
I find this story touching on multiple levels, but I think the most prominent is that she didn't seem to frighten you. I agree with Sam 222, do a little research. Check out the graveyard next to the church: if you are able to pinpoint the time-period of the clothes the woman was wearing, then you can narrow down your search of headstones. If you can approximate her age that should help too.

Really a sweet story and written prettily: you remember so much detail!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
CanYouKeepASecret, try doing some research on your house and see if you can figure out anything about that lady. There must be some reason for her crying, I bet she is crying about something that happened when she was alive. If you can somehow figure out why, or if you find something that may hint to why she was crying, maybe you can help her move on so she doesn't have to lice her afterlife in gloom and sadness. Just a suggestion, thank you for sharing your experiance. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: