You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: An Important Warning

Real Ghost Stories

An Important Warning

 

This is my first story here and I am sharing with you an experience that me, my cousin and my sister had just a few days ago.

My aunt, uncle and my little cousin were visiting. On Saturday morning, my mum decided to take my aunt and uncle on a trip around town and the surroundings. My cousin was sick that day so my sister and I were asked to stay at home and look after him.

Right after we had breakfast my cousin told us he felt like he has to throw up (yeah, disgusting I know). So we quickly went to the bathroom but he didn't want us to open the door to the bathroom or even go inside. He almost begged us. I swear I've never seen him like this before. I mean, he almost cried. When asked why not, he said it is dangerous (?).

We didn't want to force him because he didn't feel well and looked scared as hell, so my sister quickly took him outside so he could do his business in the garden. While they were outside, I decided to open the door to the bathroom just a little bit. I did and what I saw in there startled me: Right beside the shower there was a big funnel web spider. I shut the door and called for my sister and my cousin.

Living in Lake Macquarie, Australia, we're pretty much aware of the dangers but I have been living here all my life and have seen a funnel web spider only once. However, I know that if she bites you, all you can do is call the ambulance and hope you'll survive (most poisonous spider around here).

Now my cousin has never seen one before, that's for sure (he's Canadian and they don't have those animals over there). We had been looking after him the whole morning and since he was sick, didn't let him go anywhere alone. It was impossible that he had seen the spider before I did!

When I showed him the spider he was shocked. When I asked him how he knew about it, he replied that he didn't know exactly that there was a spider. He just felt that there was SOMETHING. He looked awfully scared. When he asked me if the spider is dangerous and I said it is deadly poisonous, he just thanked God for protecting him. Later, when I asked him, he told me that he often has those warnings. My sister though doesn't believe in it because he's just a little kid. But she has no explanation...

Well, I don't want to imagine what could have happened if he wouldn't have had this "warning". I'm sure he would've had trouble surviving if the spider would've bitten him. I'm so thankful but I am wondering how could he possibly know about it?!

I know this story has nothing to do with ghosts but still, it's an incident that is unexplainable to us and seems a bit "paranormal". Thank you for reading, hope you have any suggestions and sorry for mistakes, I'm typing this on my phone.

Joshua

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joshi111, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ilovesodawater (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-15)
That is a good gift he has there! Once my Mum dreamt there was a human size Weta (a native new zealand Locust/grasshopper - very creepy looking and big!) lying in-between her and my Dad and she woke up, turned the light on and right there in-between them was a Weta! Our intuition can be amazing!
Para-Hunter-Anne33 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-28)
I, myself have learned to more develop my own sense of listening to my "mysterious intuitions" (which most people would equally call "a warning, or 'sense of something' a person should always listen to no matter what others might try to dissuade you from doing. A person's own highly developed sense of warning intuition will never steer you wrong, and it is a part of every person who has the desire to study how to strengthen it and develop it more keenly. That said, I would agree it's a good thing he listened to his "warning" it was a dangerous situation. I know the Funnel web is highly dangerous! And I just Thank the Angels that it was NOT a COLONY of Tree dwelling funnel web spiders! From all I've studied on these... Not only do they LIVE in trees, They seek out and Hunt and kill together Like a FAMILY! Stay safe in Spirit #and mind & body# SLAEM
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-21)
Hi Josh,

I grew up in Australia. Without wishing to sound insane here, my mum and I seem to sense spiders. It sounds crazy but over the years when I was a kid we'd 'know' when a spider was in the house and where that spider was. Go look in the direction we felt it was, sure enough there would be a nasty spider there.
I don't understand what this is, I think of it as more of a spiritual primal instinct than a spirit entity guardian. Needless to say we've been thankful of it for years.
Your cousin, being a youngster, is likely sensitive due to his age. As Biblio recommends, nurture this in him as best you can.
Apparently there are no spiders in Australia that can directly kill a grown person. However small children and people in ill health are at serious risk. I shudder to think what would have happened if you didn't get to that bloody funnel web!

Thanks for sharing this.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Josh:

I'd recommend that you encourage your cousin to keep listening to his premonitions; it doesn't matter if anyone else believes him or not, YOU believe him & you always will. It is a gift that is all too easily lost in adulthood, usually because it may misfire during puberty causing the individual to doubt his/her ability. Those who manage to keep listening are sometimes treated as quirky or eccentric, but they often manage to avoid serious harm.

The spiders, though... My plans to visit Oz just got a serious reality check. Damn.

-Biblio.
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Deadly spiders, that sent a shiver through my spine faster than any spirits. Please listen to your cousin next time he warns about things.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello:
I googled the Australian funnel web spider, and THAT is one VERY creepy looking spider! It sounds to me like he has a very active guardian angel, which you all should be grateful for. You should definitely ask him to let you know whenever he gets warnings.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Yeah the deadly spiders, don't know how you guys deal with that as the norm.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Ok, this is officially the most terrifying thing I've ever read on here. Ghosts, fine. Assorted paranormal oddities, ok. Psychic premonitions? I accept that. Spiders though, NOPE!
It sounds like your cousin may have a gift. I don't understand how some people seem to know things, but it does happen. I'm glad yall listened to him, and hope that if he gives a similar warning in the future you listen to that as well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: