You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Moment Of Fear

Real Ghost Stories

A Moment Of Fear

 

I am new to this site and doesn't know how to write it but I am trying my best to write my story so that everybody can read and understand it properly. It was march of 2012 and I with my mom has gone to my native village for my relative wedding ceremony, we were very much busy in post marriage preparations. The weather was nice at that time because from march the humidity and temperature slowly goes to their top level.

Everything was fair and fine but I was in fear as I have been coward of ghost and witches that can be listen in stories of villagers so I most of the time keep stick with my mom and family members. One day it was night time and we were preparing to sleep as it was late night, with jokes and laugh we were busy in our enjoyment, after sometime I felt tired and sleepy so I say them goodnight and followed to my bed, within moments I was in deep sleep.

After that I didn't know what happens but suddenly I felt that someone sit beside my head and put his hand on my forehead and was caressing my hair, sudden feeling of this sent shivers down my spine and in immense fear I was about to shout but I was not able to do so as if someone is preventing me to speak anything. It was a midnight time and I was in immense pain, and was unable to breathe properly also. After some moment of pain and fear I felt normal with a deep breathe of relief I thanks God.

I get off my bed and look here, there but unable to find anybody. I was not able to sleep after that. I haven't experience such paranormal activity before so it was my first acquaintance to such thing. I still remember that frightening night. Doesn't know what was it but I know one thing that it was not something from this world.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shahzad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ryan143 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
it is ghost you can say that or jinn devil fairy any 1 can do that mostly devil you can say that sleeping paralysis it happen wid me lots of time wid jinns and devils:) they don't want to harm any 1.
ashar123 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
To Miracles51031,

Sorry but I didn't mean to share my experience in someone's story's comment's section. You misinterpreted me. I actually meant to share the experience by posting my story to this site which I have already posted few hours ago.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
ashar123 - if you do decide to share what you've experienced, please don't do it in the comments section of someone else's story. We ask our members to submit their experiences as their own personal story rather than detract help/advice from someone else's story.

Thank you.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Hello!

I just registered myself yesterday and I am too from India. I believe you. The most interesting thing is that with me too the paranormal happenings started in 2012 but in late months which I will share within a day or two.

Thanks for sharing
ingrid251 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Hi,
I agree with the others saying that what you felt might have been out of fear, however I must add that I have had quite similar and frequent experiences. What I have been through was that sometimes during a dream I cannot breathe or scream or talk and when I wake up I have a short breathe caused by suffocation. In my country it is believed that it is caused by what we call "haddiela" (I don't know what it is called in English) also known as il-mara tal-hares (translation: the one who looks over (or ghost) 's wife). However, I have never experienced pain during these situations but I do feel a presence when I wake up. I used to think that it was fear but now I can't say that I'm afraid of this as I've been used to it because it happens very frequently.
I hope that answers your question:)
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Dear Shahzad,
Nice to see more & more fellow Indians finding their voice here😁
About your experience, I am inclined to agree with the short and sweet comment from pearlferns87, that it might have been a case of SP.
Yet, there are those questions that notjustme put forth, that need be answered 😕
You may ask questions too.

Regards
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
At first I thought it was a passed family member like grandpa, or grandma, or great. But then you said you had pain... What kind of pain did you mean? And where was the pain? Thinking back, are you sure you were in pain or panic?
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Hello Shahzad. Welcome to YGS. It was a nice story, but as you said that you were sacred of ghosts and paranormal from villages and you were in village for occasion. Sometimes our Mind play tricks with us because we all time set some limits and when the incident occurs mind will trigger that feeling. Second reason is that it maybe a dream you are watching. Yes, it is possible that we can feel things in the dreams. But I do believe you that it was paranormal.

I was just putting some logic. Thank God you are safe.

Thank You and God Bless!
pearlferns87 (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Hey Shahzad, What you might have felt that night was sleep paralysis...
kathleen16 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
hey, greetings!

Maybe what you felt at that moment was fear which you mentioned before about witch and such, and that was still stuck in your mind, perhaps playing a trick, that could happen too. But I'm not saying what you felt was not real, I'm just trying to come out a logical sense to make you feel better, if that helps. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: