You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Third House

Real Ghost Stories

Third House

 

Sometime around early 2012, my sister and her family moved to their third house in California. I've always felt comfortable no matter where she lived. The city that they moved to had a good number of gated communities, extremely courteous people, beaches, and incredibly beautiful nature trails that could go for miles. It was like living inside a bubble. At the first sign of graffiti and not-so-happy looking people, you'll definitely know when you've reached the city's boundaries. This new house didn't seem any different from any of my sister's previous houses. I guess I was wrong.

During my first night in her new house, I slept in my nephew's room. I had trouble sleeping and felt like someone was watching me, whatever it was seemed to be standing between the space at the foot of the bed and the doorway. I didn't think much about it at that time. Eventually, I grew tired and finally dozed off.

The next few days of my visit went by quietly. I was home alone at one time, because everyone was either at school or at work. I was up and about doing a few chores here and there. As I headed upstairs, I stopped midway and randomly thought about a little boy. Who was he? I had no idea. What did I think of it? It was just simply my imagination of course. Sometime during the day I broke one of my sister's plates. I also kept noticing that the toilet seats were always moist, and sounded like they were flushing at random times during the day and night. Of course, I thought that I was just a total klutz, and that there was just something wrong with the toilets.

Later that night, I was downstairs working at a desk that faced a small window, with a view of the backyard. If it wasn't for the moonlight, it would have probably been pitch black. As I looked up from the desk to look outside, I saw a child's figure casually walking in the backyard. The figure was about the size of my 11 year old nephew, so I assumed that it was him going around the backyard after taking the trash out. I was startled to find out that neither my niece nor my nephew were downstairs. They were both in their rooms getting ready for bed.

That same night, I couldn't sleep and wanted to go downstairs to watch TV in the living room. As I was heading there, I stopped under the archway leading to the living room. I froze. For some reason I couldn't get myself to go any further. I couldn't determine why, but I felt as if the living room was off-limits. It wasn't menacing or anything. The vibe coming from the living room felt as if someone was really upset and wanted to be alone. I wasn't sure if I felt scared or just really uncomfortable. So I turned around and went back upstairs to bed.

A year later (2013), my sister moved to her fourth house in the same neighborhood, one street over. This house definitely felt a lot more welcoming.

It was around 6:00 p.m., my sister, 8 year old niece, and I were in the car on the way home. We spotted a lady walking toward the house. The lady was actually an acquaintance of my sister. After getting out of the car, my sister approached the lady and invited her in for coffee. Not wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation, I went upstairs with my niece to her room. My niece told me that the lady was the new occupant of the previous house my sister lived in (let's call it "3rd house" since that was my sister's 3rd house). As I headed back downstairs, I overheard some of their conversation. "Do you know if that house is haunted? Have you experienced anything during your time there?" the lady asked my sister. "Actually yeah, it always felt like I was being followed around, and every single person in the house has broken something like dishes, and cups. There was a time when my husband was putting away dishes, and a plate split perfectly in half when he barely even touched it." said my sister. The lady went pale. "Did the toilet seats happen to be always moist and flush by themselves?" she asked. My sister nodded, "Mm hmm, and the first time my husband went into one of the rooms he said that he felt something evil." After hearing their conversation, it occurred to me that I have experienced everything that they were talking about, which sent chills down my spine. The lady left around 7:30 p.m

My sister discovered from one of the neighbors that there was a boy who committed suicide. The weird thing is that the tragedy didn't happen in the "3rd house". The deceased boy actually lived next door and jumped from his bedroom window on the second floor. He was a close friend of the boy who previously (before my sister) lived in "3rd house", and often came over to hang out. It was said that the boy found comfort in being around the previous family of 3rd house, because he wanted to escape the tension between his family at home.

Since childhood, I always believed in the paranormal. If you have read my first story I guess I can say that I am in some way sensitive to spirits. My sister never really believed me whenever I told her about any paranormal or strange occurrences I have encountered. It wasn't until she moved into her 3rd house that she really started believing. She even called psychics/mediums or "ghost busters" (it's what my niece calls them), who walked around the house with incense while reciting some kind of prayer or incantation.

I guess even after death he continued to find comfort in 3rd house. The mediums said that the boy was following my sister around, because he was seeking the motherly affection that he was deprived of during his life.

The lady who moved into 3rd house after my sister has moved out as well. Now there is a new family living there.

Let's see how long they'll last.

Other hauntings by iambec

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iambec, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
Selkay, I know what you mean 😢 if I was aware of the situation during my time at that house, I would've felt more sad than scared
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
I feel sad whenever I read about troubled kids that can't even be at peace after death. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: