You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shabby Cheap Motels With Dirty Mirrors

Real Ghost Stories

Shabby Cheap Motels With Dirty Mirrors

 

I still do not know if what I saw was real or not, but I do know I will never forget it. I have never had any encounters with the supernatural before this event, nor did I afterwards.

It was in Modesto California, I was eight years old and it was at night time that me and my mother decided to stay at a motel for some rest, for we have been up all day and decided to settle on down.

The motel we decided to stay at wasn't particularly old or even gloomy looking, and didn't have a history as I can recall. Just a normal shabby cheap motel.

When my mother was talking to the desk clerk, I felt someone or something watching me. It made me move away from my mother, for my attention was now drawn to a rather large mirror that was across the room. I found myself moving towards the mirror, not being able to look away from it, having no will over my body.

What I saw in the mirror was a man, who wasn't old nor young. He had a strange look on his face, somewhat sad, as he stared down at me. It took me a moment to realize the man was my mother's boyfriend. And I just remember being so confused as to why he was stuck in that mirror, with that strange look on his face, as if he knew something I didn't, something bad.

It felt like a long time had passed, with us just staring at each other. I wasn't scared, well maybe a little, but I was more shocked then scared.

Finally, I found my voice and called after my mother, telling her I saw Jason in the mirror. (Jason being her boyfriend.) But in the blink of the eye, he was gone, leaving me with my confused mother, who asked me if I was tired.

After that night, I dismissed it as a hallucination. Because at that time, Jason was alive. It was only four weeks later that my mother told me that Jason had gotten ran over, walking home from some job interview.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 50shadesofnico, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Elrond (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Hi 50shadesofnico,
Could your mother have kept from you that her boyfriend had already died when you saw him in the mirror? Perhaps she wanted to spare your feelings. If not, you apparently had a premonition of his death. Mirrors can be spooky.

Great story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: