You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Uninvited Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Uninvited Visitor

 

After sharing my first ghost experience I couldn't help posting another of my experiences. The fright of waking up to a ghost standing at my window kind of wore off after awhile but then I had another experience that was just as puzzling as my first.

While on holidays from school, my family decided to have a cook out. Our cook out spot was about half an hour away from our house so everyone decided they would empty their bladder as much as possible. I was the last to go and by the time I was in the bathroom everyone was ready and waiting outside for me to finish. As I sat there on the toilet... Bathroom door wide open, a figure passed by the bathroom, looked at me and continued towards our dining room door as if he was in his own home. In comparison to my first ghost that looked real, this figure was kind of shadowy and didn't look so 3D like a regular person. I bolted out of the bathroom and never told anyone about it. I just knew my older cousins would torment me about it and would probably try to scare me even worse.

I have only mentioned these experiences to my friends at work twice, just because everyone else was sharing some experiences of their own. My only other paranormal experience was waking up to the feeling of being held down. I was unable to speak or move and at one point it felt like I was being lifted off of the bed into the air and then falling back unto the bed.

I hate that I had these experiences because it just proves that there are things out there beyond our world... Things we will never be able to understand and I just want things to make sense. Ghosts don't make any sense to me. What is their purpose?

Other hauntings by stormy8063

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stormy8063, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

waffles (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-07)
A ghosts purpose? They may want to finish something up. Like, that they never got to do. Maybe they just don't want to die, or they don't know they are dead, so they linger. There are more possibilities... Great experience, though! 😁
Sokrey (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
It could be a halucination. Cause the door was wide open. Maybe it was a human. U better lock the door from now on.
deadagen (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
Did the toilet apparition stop or do anything that would make you feel it had seen you? Was there any changes in temperatures or anything like that?
I guarantee the toilet would have been the best place to be had this happened to me;)
hellokittyfreak1991 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-03)
I to have expierenced being held down not able to move talk or breathe. It has happened to me twice but I was asleep or at least I thought it made me feel like I just got out of a trance.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
[at] STORMY Why don't you take a step a head then... Before its attack you? May be not but if you tell your family members about these you will feel relief.
sushrutm16 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-31)
you know that feeling of getting lifted up in the air and getting a feeling on falling on the bed is a very very common thing in children... Even I had it... Just asking did you see a yellow dot or sun before having that feeling of getting banged on the bed?
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
Ghosts have many reasons to be around some can't be explained so much as others soooooo don't worry you will understand and I know some of them do make no sense I understand how you feel
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
Hi stormy8063, I feel that it could be residual haunting of some sort. But I can't give any more comment on your experience of seeing a ghost while you were in the toilet because of lack of any further input from your end. Still I feel it is residual.

As far as the second aspect is concerned, it need not necessarily be paranormal, it could be sleep paralysis and it happened to me too. I am not saying that it is not a paranormal experience but in all likelihood, it could be sleep paralysis.

Many people are trying to do research on paranormal and we are trying to understand the paranormal experiences. But you said you hate these experiences because, well to put it simple, you are not able to understand and you want things to make sense. I will tell you my friend, there are things other than paranormal, which are equally paradoxical, the experiments and experiences in quantum physics, which cannot be explained rationally.

So, the best way is to try to make as much research as possible, if you are interested, to understand what is underlying the experiences because each encounter is unique and different as we deal with entities, who have passed on, some times demons and ghosts. Hence, it is better to accept them as they are. That is my suggestion to you. But please don't feel offended.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Seraphina (7 stories) (147 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Allow me to respectfully disagree with at least part of Debris's explanation. As I understand it from postings on this site and from my own experiences, residual hauntings are repetitious and not purposeful, but the sounds or actions once meant something to someone.

There are probably many possible reasons for an "intelligent" haunting, and it would probably help, Stormy, if you just spent some time on this site reading past stories and comments readers have made about them.

Not everything makes sense even in concrete, everyday life. Nobody has the answers to every question, Stormy, but that doesn't have to be scary. It can pique your curiosity and inspire you to search, research, learn, and help others do the same.
debris (guest)
-4
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Ghosts can be thought of as a bundle of karma stuck in time, hopping around.
Just like some habits which have become mechanical but are useless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: