You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmare

 

One weekend I had gone to my Grandparent's house for the weekend due to my Mom and Dad wanting a "Mommy and Daddy only weekend". Well, as most of our family knows their house is haunted, but the problem was I was very young probably 7 or 8 years old, and nobody wanted me to know. That night I had been watching TV with my Grandfather, when suddenly I seen a shadow in the corner of my eye, but not a human like shadow, but more like a animal like shadow. I didn't think much of it I thought it was one of my sisters who were also there for the weekend with me. It had been about 30 minutes since I had seen the shadow, and I was tired and it was time for me to go to bed. So my Grandpa and my Grandma had tucked me and my sisters into bed and left the room turning out the light.

After a while I had fallen asleep on that really hard couch, I was out. I had been sleeping for what felt like hours but had only been about 20 minutes. I was in some kind of dream that was making me sweat like horse on a hot summer day. Then all of a sudden I felt something hit me harder than a train. I woke up to what looked like a white face. The face was of a young girl about the age I am, 17, her eyes were a deep shade of green, and she looked more playful than scary. So, I went to say hello and I swear she opened her mouth a row of the sharpest teeth showed.

I was terrified I screamed and screamed and then she vanished into thin air. My Grandfather came down the stairs fast, and my sisters woke up too. They were all looking at me, and my Grandpa said what is wrong looking at me like I had just been shot. I told him the story of what had just happened, and he played it off as a bad dream, and tucked me back into bed telling me goodnight, and sat down in the rocking in the chair next to me for the rest of the night.

It has been about 10 years since then and I asked my Grandpa not too long ago if he remembered that night. He told me he remembers like the back of his hand. I asked him if he knew about this thing that I had saw that night, and he told me about the original owners of the house we still live in to this day, and man can I say I would never want this to happen to anybody. He told me back in 1909 (the year the house was built) that murder happened in the very living room I was sleeping in. He told me a young woman had been living there and the living room was her bedroom, and one horrid night a man broke in an stabbed her to death and burned her body to white ashes outside the house making her an example of what he said he was capable of.

This has been one of my many paranormal experiences. I would love to tell you more. Thanks for reading.~ Signed Korius.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Korius4295, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
I have only seen a ghost one time in my life and I was 18! I can't imagine seeing a ghost at 7 or 8 years old- you must have been terrified!
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
This was indeed a scary one! I wonder if the ghost's teeth meant playtime. I can't wait to read more from you. Keep posting and thank you.
-Shady.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
abbykay_luv and RedWolf - (RedWolf, I'm really surprised at your comment 😢) sometimes people click the wrong box when answering the question about their participation. It has happened many times.

If their decision was not to participate, maybe they just needed to get it off their chest by telling people and not having to listen to the same old comments most of us have heard. I have jumped to that conclusion before myself.

So, to tell someone they should have kept it to themselves is not only rude, but it isn't what we're about here. If you don't want to comment on, or read, stories that the o/p isn't going to read anyway, check the status before reading.
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Yeah I agree with you RedWolf. To the OP, if you don't need our comments or won't reply, why post your story here? Just keep it to youself, that would be better.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-16)
I was going to ask the OP some questions but as she isn't going to read the comments (how rude) why did she even post the story?
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-15)
Huh?... The 'Shadow' looked like an 'animal' so why did you think it was one of your sisters?
...And what 'hit' you like a train? Did you feel pain or how did you know whatever it is 'hit' you?...
...Scary tho
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Korius4295, I enjoyed reading your story and thanks for sharing, I can't wait to read more.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
I just saw that the OP won't be reading the comments. Without reading that I asked OP some questions. Well, I won't get the answers.

With regards and respects

SDS
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-14)
Hi Korius4295, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I still feel that it could have been a dream and because every one believed, your grandparents included, that the house was haunted, perhaps it sounded like that you did experience paranormal encounter and made your grandfather to sleep in the rocking chair through that night. Well, I could be wrong. But, you did say that since you were quite young, you were not informed about it back then. But what about others' experiences in the house. I am not offending you or claiming that you did not have paranormal encounter that day. Still it is my opinion that it could be a bad dream.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: