You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dream Home Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Home Nightmare

 

A few years ago my ex husband and I moved our new little family into a cute 3 bedroom little house. It was painted blue, and therefore has since been called the blue house. The 1st week there we were in our living room watching television, when a massive shadow went up the wall behind us, onto the ceiling where a mist formed with it. It moved across the ceiling down the hallway and disappeared into the nursery. I was a die hard skeptic at this time. My ex husband asked me if I saw it. I am ashamed to say, I told him I had and that it was merely someones headlights outside. He argued that the windows were not near any road and the mist was not explained by this theory. I shrugged it off and accepted my explanation anyway.

We began having experiences hearing footsteps running down the hallway to bathroom; banging and scratching on the walls; toys turning on and off without batteries; hearing children cry outside the nursery window; large shadow and mists movement daily; a full body apparition of a woman, the kids complaining they could not sleep because "they" would not leave them alone; cold spots, lights flickering and going off, sounds of heavy furniture being moved around in the vacant bedroom; the television coming on and or going off on its own accompanied by an odd high pitched hum and sometimes a faint sound of music. I continued to find explanations for these events and ignored what I could.

As things escalated everyone in the household experienced nightmares, and some of us began sleep walking. I was one of them and I had the most frequent episodes. I would wake up under the kitchen table; on the floor in odd places; and even outside. There would be mud on my feet and other signs I had been outside. My family said I would have my eyes open but I did not respond to them like myself and I seemed vacant.

We were advised to try and get EVP. To talk to it. To ask questions. Doing this was our undoing.

We caught some low class EVP's in the question and answering stage. Nothing alarming or conclusive. Following our EVP session when we went to bed something growled. I was in bed and my ex husband was reaching up to the ceiling fan to turn the light off leaving the fan on. Something growled angrily from the foot of the bed. I thought it was our dog. I found her at my mother's feet, in the den, where she had been when I left to go to bed. We searched our property outside and found nothing. Even after all that I was convinced some stray or even my dog growling must be what we heard.

Later that night I woke to something strange. My computer monitor was visible at the foot of the bed. Standing in front of the monitor was the silhouette of my shirtless ex husband. His back was to me and he was just standing there. I called out to him but he didn't answer or turn around. Something told me to look at his side of the bed. I did and nothing was there. I looked back and my husband had vanished into thin air.

I realized that what I had seen couldn't have been a person. I smelled something burning. Then the covers began to be pulled down off of me. I froze. The air conditioner was a window unit. It began to beep and go from low fan to medium fan to high fan then back to low over and over. In unison with each fan cycle change the blinds were flipping open and shut, along with banging on the walls.

I suddenly became a little girl. I felt like all the air hang been sucked out of my body. I could not take air in to make a sound. I am embarrassed to say I urinated on myself. When I finally could take air, I gasped and began screaming for my mother like a child. I mustered the courage to finally move and reached for the door knob next to the bed. At that moment my husband came in and flipped the light on at which point it all stopped. He had been in the bathroom vomiting. His mysterious illness stopped right then as well.

I looked for a new home. I no longer was the skeptic.

Before moving I found a necklace on my dresser one day. I thought it was left there as a gift so I put it on thinking nothing of it. A couple days later I woke to a blinding headache. My husband got up to get my migraine medicine but fainted just outside our bedroom. I got up and went down too. I crawled to the kids room. I found my son first. I got him aroused enough to help walk him outside. I went back into the house for my daughter and husband. My husband crawled out while I located our daughter. She was 3 at the time. I found her tiny little body blue and unresponsive in her bedroom. I drug her out the front door thinking after I called 911 I would return to the home and lay down. I believed my daughter dead and wished to follow. My thinking was very muddled.

I went in and retrieved the phone. Passing out twice in this process. When I returned to the front door, my daughter's eyes were open. So I laid down in the yard and called for help. When paramedics and firemen arrived, I was told we had carbon monoxide poisoning. The firemen said 30 per square feet was lethal. My home was over 500 per square feet. Just short of barbecuing in the living room, no explanation for those levels was found in the home. No one in my family knew where the necklace had come from. I removed it at the hospital and left it there.

We moved shortly after that. The last night everyone was at our new home while I was at the blue house cleaning so we could collect our deposit. I was tired from the night before. The whispers and banging on the walls were relentless. I was in my bedroom when someone knocked on the door. I went and looked through the peephole and see the silhouette of a man I believed to be the neighbor across the street. I saw him lean down and look into the peep hole, then a bright light behind him appears and he turned and walked away. I opened the door and no one was there.

After shutting the door I realize he had stooped down to look in the peep hole at me. How is that possible I thought. He wasn't taller than me. Anxiety hits as it begins to hit me that the tall man could not have been my neighbor or any normal human being. My lungs seize up. I rush to the bedroom to get my rescue inhaler out of my purse.

That's the last thing I remember. The next thing I can recall I am slamming into a wall, falling from a standing position. I am in the living room. I am freezing. I have never been so cold. I looked around and was very confused about where I was. I didn't recognize it without the furnishings.

I am so cold my jaw was chattering. I wander briefly through the home trying to get my bearings as to where I am. I go into the bathroom. At this point, I begin to have a dejavu feeling, like I know, that I know this place, but I can not put it together in my head. It is fuzzy and slow moving.

I am desperate to get warm. I can see in the mirror that my lips are blue. "What the hell is wrong with me" I think. I begin filling the tub with hot water and I strip quickly climbing in.

As the water fills and my body begins to warm I see my cell phone on the floor next to the tub. It must have fallen out of my bra when I was undressing. I used to keep my cell phone in my bra along with money etc. I pick it up and call my husband.

When he answered I started crying. "I just woke up. I'm so cold."

He was frantic, "where are you! Where have you been! I have been calling you for hours. You didn't come home!"

I looked around the bathroom. I finally recognized it. I told him I was at the blue house.

"Babe where have you Been? We last spoke over 5 hours ago. Its 3am." He said.

I took about half an hour to warm my body enough that I would get out of the tub. My husband came and got me. I was too confused to even figure out how to get home on my own. I can not express how terrifying this was.

It turned out the man I thought I saw had passed away.

I don't know what I was doing in that 5 hours. It's scary to be up doing things with no recollection of it.

I don't know what happened to me that night or why. Seizure maybe? I try not to think about it.

We have continued to have issues, but very mild in comparison. We did lose one of our children to suicide about a year after moving. I can't help wonder if it had anything to do with what attacked me. Had it attacked him after leaving the blue house? He left no note. I am left never knowing.

I have accepted that there are no answers for me. My best friend lives next door to the blue house. She says that the new neighbors do not complain of having any issues. She had experienced something every time she had come into the blue house when I lived there. She has not experienced anything while on any of her visits to the new neighbors. I am too terrified to even pass the house. I do not visit her in her home. She comes to visit me.

I am a shadow of the person I once was. The events at the blue house severely traumatized me and my family. My son's death sent me over the edge into a full nervous breakdown. Which is not as dramatic as it may sound. I simply quit functioning. I closed myself off from the world and just stopped. I could not remember how to do a job I had done daily for 5 years. I had to be walked through it daily until I was terminated. I cried so much that my face was chapped all the time. Even now, 4 years later, I am struggling to reclaim my life. I pray no one else comes into contact with whatever that thing was.

Thanks for reading my story. Sharing it helps me let it go and heal. I am open to alternate explanations and discussions. You do not have to agree with me, and you can even think I am crazy. I only ask that you be respectful. Crazy or not, my life has been shattered into pieces because of what I experienced. Thank you. Shine on.

M.

Other hauntings by oraclemache

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oraclemache, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
I'm so sorry for the losses of your children OP and JoJo.
Hugs.

❤ ❤
JoJo0201 (1 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-07-05)
Oraclemache,
Your story was very interesting to me. Then I reached the end and I felt that I needed to say something.
I feel your pain and sorrow as I too lost my 17 year old daughter to suicide January 2018. I have often wondered if there was some other reason than mental illness for her decision, but we do not know as there was no note left behind.
I have been convinced for years that my husband is sensitive to the paranormal and that he has something negative attached to him. I feel as though this attachment has moved with us over the last 20 years. Our first house we lived in was very active and he had horrible, realistic nightmares. I always felt uneasy in certain parts of the house. When we moved from that house, the nightmares stopped and no activity was present. Then we moved to our current house and the nightmares started up again. We have been living there for the last 11 years. This current house has always felt off to me, my daughter had made the same comment to me several times.
I have not posted on this site before as I don't have anything specific to relate. It's just a lot of bad feelings, something feels off/negative. Items will disappear and then I will find them later on in the exact spot that I looked. My husband really does not like to discuss his experiences, I think he is afraid that if he talks about it that he is inviting more trouble.

Anyway, I just wanted to reach out to you as we both are suicide loss survivors of the worst kind, our own children. I hope this finds you well, as most days I am not okay.
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-14)
lucia, my son that died never lived in that house. He lived with his dad and came for visitations. His contact ws limited. He was 13 at the time we moved in. His brothers 5 and 15 and I was pregnate with baby girl. My boy was 17 when he passed.
Yes it was a rental. No the new renters are not complaining of any issues.
The theory I am considering at this time, is that maybe there was a vortex in the nursury. We saw many different spirits. It felt like they were passing through that they were not connected to the location. My daughter would complain "they" won't quit talking so I can sleep. I think that one or all of my kids or possibly myself who knows, was like a flash light in the dark. Drew them in like months to a flame. She or he may have also created poltergiest activirty unknowingly. However in that process with this vortex access to the sensative, it drew something not human. And it attached to us. That is my theory. That she or he functionsed as a battery. No battery present now so no activity. As you can see I have obssessed over this for some time. I have read and read everything I can find. Any info you have to add is appreciataed and never judged. Thank you
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
How old was your son when he moved into the house and how old was he when he committed suicide? I'm sorry for your loss.

This is one intense story.

Also was this a rental? You mentioned getting your deposit back... So I'm assuming it's a rental? Has anyone else experienced things there?

What about your son? Did he have any experiences?
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-03)
Hi oraclemache,

Your account is truly one of the more terrifying ones here. My condolences on the loss of your beloved son.

You mentioned "We were advised to try and get EVP. To talk to it. To ask questions. Doing this was our undoing." I fully agree with you, interactions with such entities should never be encouraged, the only thing I believe one should do is to reject it and repudiate it in God's name. Interacting with it shows that its methods are working and will encourage it to take it to a higher level.

I'm curious have you had further unexplained phenomena since leaving that house?
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-05-02)
Thank you for everyone being so kind and compassionate.

Haven
The man that I thought I saw had lung cancer and lived across the street. He was a very nice man. No he was not related.

Cuddlebear
These events started 6 years ago. My child died 3...no I'm sorry 4 years ago. It feels like yesterday. I struggle. But I have learned to live with it. I miss him so so much. That heart ache will never leave. I probably do need lots of counseling but I lack the resources at this time and the dynamics of my current relationship dictates I can't.
Biblo
I can't say that the home was near any of those things but natural gas was just beginning to be drilled close by?
Thank you pasindu
Virulent peach. I think part of the occurrences were poltergeist. I may have caused it but more likely the adolescents. But that's a small part. I think the home may have been on a faultline and had a vortex. Maybe the adolescents natural activity drew something else. Reason I say this is I and others in the home saw more than one entity. Like they were passing thru. Ever heard of anything like that? I watched one women clear as day walk through the wall. My daughter was 2. She saw it too and came unglued. Activity ended when we left as the adolescent was the battery. I don't know. It's a theory.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-29)
Hi, Oraclemache

I'm sorry for your loss and everything you had to go through.

You mention that the man you saw had passed away, was he someone you knew or were related to?
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-29)
Oraclemache ~

Greetings and I hope you can find both solace and help here.

As to your experience I have nothing to offer bu my most sincere condolences. A truly horrific ending to a nightmare scenario.

I don't know how long ago these things happened, but I hope you were able to get help in dealing with your son's death. If not I know of some wonderful people who may be able to help you out. You can contact me from my profile page.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-04-29)
Greetings, oraclemache. Welcome to YGS. I hope you'll find us to be a primarily sympathetic bunch due to our individual experiences.

Wow: you've been through the wringer, haven't you?

I thought that I was stubborn until I read your initial encounter: "I was a die hard skeptic at this time... I told him I had and that it was merely someone's headlights outside. He argued that the windows were not near any road and the mist was not explained by this theory. I shrugged it off and accepted my explanation anyway." Using preconceptions alone to determine the nature of the evidence you witnessed was misguided at best.

I realize that I'm going to seem a little callous in my following statements, but I am assessing your writing from an objective point of view: 1. Your writing suggests you still blame yourself. 2. It was NOT your fault. 3. Virulentpeach's observation that the experiences were more to do with your family than the house does make sense, especially if the next residents had no inexplicable events. 4. Sometimes, a nervous breakdown is the healthiest damn thing your mind can do to protect your life. 5. I am sorry to read of your son's suicide; people who lose a loved one to suicide never completely get over that excruciating tragedy. 6. I'm presuming that you & your ex-husband divorced after your son's death; this would make the experience doubly painful for both of you.

A question of importance about the house's location: was it build under/near high tension power distribution lines or an electric substation? This may account for *some* of the sleep-walking, hypnogogic states, memory losses, even some hallucinatory experiences.

Keep yourself, and your daughter, safe.

Best,
Biblio.
Pasindu (9 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-04-29)
oh, just finished reading it and man I felt like I just finished watching a utterly brilliant ghost story,

With all my heart I wish you good heath and good future, so sorry to hear about your son, go to church, get a priest visit your home often and pray with you and have courage, life is not over yet.
virulentpeach (12 stories) (40 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-04-27)
If you have experienced things after leaving the home, maybe it is not the home. Maybe something latched itself onto you elsewhere and manifested in the home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: