You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Recurring Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Recurring Encounters

 

I want to start off by saying that I am 16 years old, and have a ridiculous fascination with the paranormal. Ever since I was a little girl, it seems I have experienced many different unexplained situations. Starting when I was about 8 years old. My mother and I have had to move from home to home, after divorcing my father. It seems each home we've moved into, something happens.

One of the first homes we lived in alone, was a half double. I was always afraid to sleep in my room alone. I would often sleep in my mother's room with her. There were many times I would have to go to bed, while she was still up, and I would sleep in her room. Her room was located at the very end of the hallway. My room was of to the side. I would always lay there still awake, and hear things. I would hear the doors from my room and the bathroom creaking, like they were being opened really slow. I understand that it could of been from a draft in the house, but I always had a gut feeling, it was something else.

We never stayed in a house for more than a year or two before moving again. Next we lived in another half double. We had heard rumors that the street we moved to, had a strong paranormal existence. It was a large indian burial site. While we lived in one side, the other was empty. My mother began seeing a man who had a little boy, of about 2 years old. They would sometimes stay over. We had a nice size dining room, that we pretty much used as a 2nd living room. There was a couch that we kept in there also. I would often sleep in there at nights because I was too afraid of sleeping upstairs alone. My mother would most likely always sleep in the living room. But always through the night, I would actually be awoken to the sound of people walking across the floor that I was actually in. The home was older so the floors creaked horribly. It always scared me, but I learned to deal with it and try to shut it out.

One night my mother's boyfriend stayed over with his son. His son was the type of kid who would just open doors on you, and get into EVERYTHING. One morning my mother woke me up for school to get ready. I was in the bathroom getting ready. My mother, her boyfriend, and his son slept in the living room. On the bathroom door, the lock was a hook like lock, that just flipped over to the hole. I was sitting on the sink pulling my hair back, when the door knob started twisting, and shaking all at the same time, as though someone were trying to get in. I quickly was sure it was the little boy who had awoken, so I immediately yelled out "hold on a second!"

and immediately, it stopped. It was quiet. I jumped off the sink and opened the door. But no one was there. So I went and woke my mother up, not to mention her boyfriend and the kid was sound asleep. I asked if she had needed the bathroom and she said no. I then asked her if one of the guys had woken up and needed it, and she said no. There was no one else that was there, or that lived there.

After we moved, I had a dream of the house, that I had walked in the house, while it was empty, and the only thing there, was a dead lady, laying underneath the window in the living room. I don't know if this was a message... Or just in my head. There are so many more stories. One house we lived at, I had stayed home one day alone, no one else in the home, I was downstairs, while my bedroom was at the top of the steps, I had a baby doll that would pray when you put her hands together and touched. It wouldn't work any other way. I was walking through when I heard the doll upstairs praying. I stopped at the bottom of the steps just listening, there was no other sound/sounds at all. I called my mother hysterically crying and scared to death. My mother is now remarried and we just recently bought a home. We've lived her for a little over a year now. And we have had lots of things happen here.

Within the first 2 months we lived here, things have happened. My bedroom has a huge closet with sliding doors. Inside them is a laundry shoot that leads to the basement. Our basement is huge! And in very good condition we have a living room down there. But the washer and dryer is right beside the shoot. One night I was talking on the phone, it was late. I heard what had sounded almost like a moaning sound of a man, it was very masculine. It sounded as it was coming from the basement. Before I went to my room to go to bed, my stepfather was playing video games in his room, which is directly across the hall from my roof. He is very into football, and gets into it, yelling in such. So at first I figured it was him, but I had been in my room for a few hours since he'd been playing. I kept hearing it and I started to get that gut feeling as if something wasn't right, and it was a very scary sound. So I opened my door, seeing right into my mom's room, it was dark and the tv was off! I ran to the living room hysterical. She was sleeping on the couch and I was just shaking her and shaking her to get up, all I could yell was where's SHANE! Where's SHANE! (my step dad) she asked me what was wrong over and over again, and she said that he had gotten called into work over an hour ago. I was terrified. My mother believes in spirits as well as I do so she believed me.

There was also a time when I was going to sleep, it was late, and from my room, and having the laundry shoot, I can hear perfectly everything in the basement. Either the dryer or washer door was slammed. It was slammed sooooo hard, it was soooo loud! My step dad and mom was home so I figures, oookay that have to be one of them. Then about two minutes later my step dad came in my room and asked if I was in the basement. I told him no. He said he heard it too. But he doesn't believe in any paranormal activity or anything so he just kind of shook it off.

And once my mother was home alone, my step dad was out fishing, and I was out with friends, when she called terrified she said there were banging going on in the house starting in the basement, and sounded as though someone were running up the basement steps banging on the walls as they ran up. She wasn't imagining this, because we have two dogs that heard it as well that were going crazy at the bangs. My mother was so scared she grabbed the phone and ran out of the house. She called my stepfather to come home and even check the house out. My cousin that had stayed over one night, slept on the couch, and the next morning was telling me how he heard what sounded like furniture moving across the floor in the basement. He said he was so scared that he had tears in his eyes and couldn't even sleep. We also have a pool table in our basement that my mother claims she hears during the day sometimes while she is home. It sounds like someone shooting the balls with a pool stick.

Now here's the scary part. My mom was goofing around one day, she had my ipod on and listening to music. She was singing loud and she cannot sing! So I snuck up on her and got my phone out that can video. I put it on her and she finally realized and tried to swap it away. While doing so, you can see in to the kitchen, where for 1 second you can see an old man's face! I had caught it on my camera! He's only there for a second, then he's gone, it just kind of flashes real quick. Me and her were the only ones at home during this. And what's really weird, is that the face has a peachy color, like a real human. Its very clear its an older man. You can make out the nose, eyes and chin. And it looks as if he's bald on the top of his head, with little hair on the sides. We didn't realize we had caught it until about two days later when I was watching it. I can even pause it right on his face. I have done this and showed it to everyone. And everyone says it's a man. My step dad still denies that's what it is.

Does anyone have any advice!?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jayme16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

adullin (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
Hey I am from toledo which has nothing to do with my post... Do you ever feel in danger from the ghosts?
My first instinct was that you just might be sensitive to shirits etc but it could be your house also. I would like to see the snape shot as well.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Jayme16, I think you should bless the house. But, sometimes it doesn't work. But still, bless the house. 😐
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Jayme 16, Oh hon, how I feel for you and your mother. Your story is so much like mine (or rather, my daughters) that it seems like you are telling our story. All I can really say is that you seem to be very receptive. Spirits and Ghosts seem to be able to sense when someone can see or hear them. When they find these people they flock to them and let their presence be known. I can understand what you are going through, and as your mother also sees some of these things and is your support, perhaps the two of you together can cleanse your house and selves and leave a circle of protection around the dwelling. Please keep us posted. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Jayme16 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
ozone baby, I agree with energies in all homes. Its soooo wierd though to be a part of expiriencing them. My house has been pretty quiet lately, witch is probley good, beings I get scard to death. But even some other times, when I hear things, or somthing happens, I never think nothing of it. But later when I do,...wow! I realize... How did that not scare me? Cause I'm scard now! Hm... Mybe I'm just used to it. And ohiowatha, I'm from springfeild, about 45mins from colombus, sooo, needless to say, we haven't lived in the same home :) but thx everyone for opinions.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
...oh, and where to you live in Ohio, Jayme? I lived in Cleveland and Columbus, and in a haunted house in the latter. Maybe, just maybe you moved into my old house? Our basement was HUGE and there was a laundry chute leading down to it from the upper floors. AND a previous owner died of natural causes in the house and the wake was held in the living room.

Perhaps you're in that house?! Doubtful, but it's a small world, afterall...
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Yes, my friend, I have some advice: SEND US THE VIDEO SO IT CAN BE UPLOADED ONTO THIS SITE! Please?! It would be amazing and even ground-breaking. Seriously. If what you have is veritable, it could be huge.

Thanks so much!
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Abby,
I live on the Ohio and Indiana line and my husband's name really is Shane.
Sorry no Abby in our house though. Our daughters are Lizzy (Elizabeth) and Taylor. 😁
Ozone ❤
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
I think, and anyone can feel free to correct me, that every place (house or other wise) has it's own energy. Not neccesarilly ghosts, but an energy left by people who have been there. Even if they are still alive.
Jayme, you may just be extra sensitive to these energies. That is why you experience things in every house you live in. Or, either you or your mom may have a spirit attatched to you that goes with you.
In either case, good luck and get a cleansing if it bothers you.
Ozone ❤
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Dear Jayme16,

Let's see, from Ohio and a step-dad named Shane. Nope, Shane, I did not think her step-dad was you. I have been raising my eyebrows a lot lately though when I do see your name and mine (same or similar names) coming up here and there in stories and comments. Sure, some may be legitimate, but others I have my sensitive's red flag "feelings" about, as well as about some stories, comments and same or similar ways of posting or writing like we do. I guess I should have been a detective, and no I am not being paranoid. :) All I can say is, Readers and Authors, it is a nice compliment and honor, but you honor Shane, myself, others and especially yourself, by being yourself and your energy belongs to you, don't give it away in positive or negative, Shane and I are just fine with our own energies, thanks.

With that said, Jayme there is much advice on this site and sister sites, as well as within the well written articles, other stories and many comments made by many YGS members.

It would be good to know what you think you are experiencing and what you are doing to resolve your situation.

Your feedback and any further questions are welcome. Thanks, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Before anyone asked, No I am not her step dad. 😊 Not that there would be anything wrong with it. Jamie thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I wonder why it is you all seem to find these haunted homes or are the haunted homes really finding you? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: