You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Granfather's Spooky Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Granfather's Spooky Experience

 

This one is my grandfather's story, rather his spooky experience when he was of my age. It happened to him in the year 1948 (he can never forget that time). In those days, there were forests all around. People were superstitious. But my grandfather was not. One day he was visiting his friend and the way was through the forests. He was on his bicycle.

He was on his way, when somebody called out his name. It was a trembling sound. My Grandfather didn't noticed. Again he heard his name being called out. He ignored again. But when the name was called thrice, he was filled with fear. He thought of nothing but to run. He was pedaling faster. He somehow managed to escape from that place. When he had traveled a little further, he came across a banyan tree. He stopped at it as he saw a man hanging on the tree. He was dead. My grandfather was scared and he was asking for help but there was no one around. He looked in his eyes (which seemed to him very appealing). But all of a sudden, the hanging corpse opened his bloodshot eyes and then he disappeared. My grandfather was scared and he ran away in shock and fear.

He never told this to anyone since then. Only it was when I forced him to tell, he spoke out. He now believes on everything - whether god or evil. I'm sure that he knows something more also but he's not telling.

Other hauntings by siddharth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, siddharth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-19)
OMG!

😨 😨 😨

That was very scary... Creeped me out... My Grandfather has an experience too though he never believed in the paranormal even after that... Will share it some other day...

Thanks
Regards
tapu123 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
i can't understand how a dead man can hang from a banyan
Tree?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Goodness the scene where--

"But all of a sudden, the hanging corpse opened his bloodshot eyes..."...

😭 😨 😭...I would have got my heart attack then and there!
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Hi Siddhart,

Thanks for the story it was very scary, Your Grandfather is very brave because when he saw the dead body of the man open his bloodshed eyes & disappeared he just thought of running from the sight that indicates his good presence of mind but their many people who get the shock & die on the spot.

Siddhart I appreciate the courage of your grandfather these ghost does not harm us instead they try to scare us but during these times we need three weapons Name of God, courage & presence of mind which can defeat all the fears of the world.

I think that you should convince him to tell more about the story. Thank you once again God Bless you & your family.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
well better enquire about the previous history of the occurence and if that happens again and again
Scary boy
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-26)
Hello Siddharth,
After seeing this man hanging from a tree I can only guess that your Grandfather was glad to have not turned around to the sound of someones voice calling out his name three times. I have heard that when this occurs you should not turn around, as your end may be near. I am not superstitious by nature, I have just learned to be on somethings.
The problem with superstitions are they do not allow us to get to the center of the problem. We get so wrapped up in what is supposed to happen, that we forget to look into it for ourselves and see if that is indeed what is going on.
I think the hanging man was a residual haunting that may have had an intelligent haunting for accompaniment. I am not too sure about the bodiless voice though. For it to have said HIS name, I would think that would make it intelligent.
Thank you for sharing your story.
sunaina (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
hii siddharth. I wanted to say tht my grandmom use to tell me about these spooky yet terrifying experiences... According to her she says if someone calls you from your back tht to if you are walking down a lonely street specially down the lane surrounded by forests, and the voice may seems recognizable one should not look back as these evil spirits or ghosts whtever they are, they actually try to scare us to death... And one who fails and look back he/she dies...
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Hey Again, That was an a great story and very vivid images! Thanks, and it is now listed in my 'favorite stories'. 😊
pscnldy (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
HI Siddhart,
i too am from India. I have heard such things from my grandma as well... These sort of hanging ghosts are supposed to be called "Vetals"
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Dear siddharth,

Yes, I agree with Shane, your story sounds like a residual haunting or energy imprint caused by a highly charged and/or traumatic event that plays and re-plays over and over again. You may wish to find out more about this area's history and see if there was something traumatic like this that happened and/or stories reported like your grandfather's same or similar experience.

Thanks, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-26)
Siddharth, traumatic deaths can lead to what is known as residual hauntings. Where the energy of that event is trapped in the environment. It gets released at specific times or events. Maybe what your grandfather experienced was just one of these. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: