You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Odd Noises And Things

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Noises And Things

 

My name's Mazahir and it's my first experience on this website. Some of you already know who I am. What I am about to share is about some odd things in our home. I'm going to make it short.

Whenever I'm home alone or it's late at night and I'm still up, I hear the odd voices of a cabinet opening and closing from the kitchen, or sometimes someone using a shower or watching the TV. But whatever this thing is (spirit or a ghost, whatever) it doesn't harm us so we at home have no issues from this thing.

Another thing that happened last year or 2 years ago was that I had cleaned my room which was a lot messy. I cleaned everything up and tidied my room but when I came to my room again after lunch, what I saw was my phone and headsets on the bed. I had put my phone in the drawing room but the headset was in my room, in a cupboard. So... Yeah I'm pretty sure there is something in the house but it doesn't harm us. It seems pretty friendly.

Moreover, when I was again home alone, I was lying on the couch and I heard someone calling my name. It seemed pretty dull at first and then it got harsher after every time. This thing called my name four times until I sat up straight and alert, ready for anything. This thing happened 3 years ago actually and was the first encounter at our new home. Most of the odd things happen with me all the time.

What I told is pretty true.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mazahir_winchester, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
Greetings, Mazahir:

I suppose that, just as there is a difference between "experiencing weird phenomena" and "proving a phenomenon occurred," there is an important distinction between "hunting" and "catching" the supernatural.

Perhaps you would be willing to share a more dramatic narrative with everyone, such as a description of ghost hunting with a family member, instead of a story which could be explained away by absent-mindedness and feeling sleepy.

I don't doubt that you had these experiences, Mazahir; however the bland nature of the events you describe, with repeated insistence on how strange your home life is, contrasted with your parents' being the investigators of Karachi's X-Files, followed by your claim that this is "pretty true" is distinctly underwhelming.

A note on vernacular usage, with a focus on "Denotation" vs. "Connotation": your use of adjectives based upon how they are defined, the Denotation, indicates you've gone to some trouble to master English, but you're not as comfortable with the Connotations, the ideas associated with the adjectives in the minds if native English speakers. [To describe a soup as "pretty good" would mean that you (or everyone) expected it to be awful, but you are pleasantly surprised that it is edible and has some flavour; it's not a perfect soup, it's not even a very good soup, but you are hungry and this soup will sate your hunger.] By extension from the fictional soup example, the term "pretty true" is one step up from "partly true," and two steps up from "a lie." An improvement would be "mostly true," or just telling the truth in the first place, but not calling attention to your veracity or your credibility. Just tell the stories as they happened to you so it is more likely that we'll read them and accept them as your experiences before discussing them with you.

Please do not be offended by my critique, as I am only trying to help you to write your experiences and have them taken seriously by everyone here.

Be well,

-Biblio.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-05)
This sounds a little weird to me... Can you clear up a little bit what you are stating? I have the same questions as everyone else, is it true or just something you cannot explain?

Thank you:)

Blessed Be ❤
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-05)
hi there! I'm actually a fan of SUPERNATURAL and it's weird though...
"Saving people, hunting things, is our family business...'
Well maybe you can enlighten us with what your family is hunting...

And in regards to your experience, that's kind of awesome:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
Oh Mazahir, it was all going so well.

I admire you for not being afraid and recognising this 'thing' for what it is; so far nothing to worry about.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-04)
Rook, aren't we seeing more of "100% true, really true, pretty true" stories of late. This is the third one I am seeing since last one week.

But mazahir_winchester, what you have explained and experienced, as Rook said, could not be explained. And did you discuss with your family members since you said in your profile that your family business is hunting and what was their reaction?

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Mazahir,

After all the back and forth when you first joined and you end the first experience you share with us with...

"What I told is pretty true."

So...which is it... Are these experiences 'pretty' true, 100% the absolute truth... Or simply experiences you have no explination for?

(Sigh...😕)

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-02)
Mazahir: what do your family think about these experiences?
Since their business is dealing with ghosts and supernatural monsters they must think that something as little any innocent as the experiences you share in this story is not even worth to worry about.

But even more important -what did your gut feeling tell you when these events happened?
After all you're an expert in the paranormal, aren't you?

I don't want to hurt your feelings but I was, and still am, expecting you to share a lot of really scary stories...😐

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: