You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Boy And His Dog

Real Ghost Stories

A Boy And His Dog

 

On March 7, 2015, we had to make one of the hardest decisions in our life - to get our 14 year old dog, Faith, put to sleep. Faith was a very intelligent Rhodesian Ridgeback. She loved to play and loved attention from everyone - except small children. She would never bite at anyone, but she would growl at kids and then get up and move away from them. For nearly 18 months prior to Faith's passing, she dealt with our son who was born in September of 2013. The two co-existed, but he could never get too close to her without her growling, that is, until about a week before she passed. In fact, the day we took her in, she attempted to play with him and even gave him a kiss on his cheek.

Several times since Faith's passing, our son will stop what he's doing and call out for "Faiffy" as he called her. He was only 18 months when she passed, and they didn't have a real close bond, so this is very odd for me. Today I am 100% convinced that Faith has come back to be with us. He was playing in the living room, and came running over next to my desk and started calling out "Faiffy, Faiffy!" So I asked him (as I always do) where's Faith? He pointed and said "down there, floor"! So he sat down on the floor, then got up and ran to the kitchen and said "in there, Faiffy"! As if she got up and moved away from him when he sat next to her. He then got very excited and said "Faiffy, CUTE".

He's only 21 months old now, and I wasn't even sure if he would remember his first doggy, but thanks to her coming back to live with us, I'm so happy that he can now have these memories of our beloved, Faith!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Faith3715, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GreenGhost1985 (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-11-05)
What a cute story... I'm glad Faith has come too, and is over her growling at little one phases!
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-11)
I have a special place in my heart for dogs! What a sweet tale about your Faith. I only wish I could sense our dogs spirits. I call, and wait, and call again... Nothing. How lucky you have your little one to inform you of Faith's presence. My husband is the psychic one in the family, not I. He has never said anything about seeing them or sensing them. We have had Weimaraners Golden Retrievers and Beagles in our lives. Shiloh is our only dog, a Beagle, these days. Hopefully she will stick around the earthly plane for many more years. Great Story!
ai-chan (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-17)
well that's a good thing you are being with your dog and maybe it will protect your family like other dogs but as a spirit ❤
TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
That was so cute. I wish I had a dog too but sadly I don't have one. I am glad that Faith came back in your family and your family is truely complete 😁
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-05)
Awwwwwwwww this is so adorable! 😁 Thank you for sharing. I hope Faiffy sticks around for years to come.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
Hello:

This is the cutest story ever!
Thank you so much for sharing your delightful encounter with "Faiffy".

Blessings,
Lynev
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Faith3715, WOW, you even got her under very special circumstances. I do believe these things have strong energy and you were supposed to have Faith. What a wonderful story!
Faith3715 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Thanks all for the comments.

[at] lady-glow, The only signs of Faith's presence we've witnessed are those where our son calls out for Faith, all similar situations to what I wrote about, but this was the first time he gave me a clear answer as to where Faith really was.

[at] Hecate0, It makes me so happy that Faith is finally over her growling at little ones. She is finally at peace.

[at] scar-remains, such a sad story. Ironically enough, Faith came in to my life due to her mother getting killed by a car. My brother was living in TX at the time and was moving back home to PA in 1 week. He had been taking care of a stray dog, but hadn't seen it in a few weeks prior to his move. One night, he was packing his things and he heard a knock at his door. He checked and no one was there. A few minutes later, he heard another knock, so this time, he stepped out completely and he saw a little puppy on the ground. So he brought it inside and the next morning, he saw the dog he had been taking care of was hit and killed down the road from his place. But before she died, she brought her puppy to him.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Faith3715, It sounds like in passing, Faith got over her distaste for young people. What a gift for your son. If he had remembered any of the distance and growling when Faith was alive, now he has "Faiffy, CUTE!" I knew from the time my son was two years old that he was a healer. So, I started to talk to him about paranormal/alternative things around then. For him, paranormal is just part of the normal. It has allowed him to explore his own abilities, which are many and strong. He is also a medium, able to hear other entities.

Thanks for sharing. Best to you and your family.
Hecate
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
Faith3715: thanks for sharing such a sweet story.
I'm glad your son is still in that age in which 'reasoning' still hasn't kill the magic in life.

Have you had any other signs of Faith's presence?

Welcome to YGS.
scar-remains (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
i remember my dog sadie getting hit by a car I seen her and cried for days that night I cried myself to sleep and had a dream a green jeep hit her... Was she trying to tell me sonething... I blamed myself for 3 years... I was 15 in 7th grade

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: