You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Creepy Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Experience

 

It is a recent and very creepy experience, this happened in June 2015 I don't remember the exact date. It was around 3 in the afternoon. I was all alone in the dining room reading stories on YGS. I am a type of girl who is always keen of ghost stories. The day was very sunny. Then suddenly I heard a strange sound from my left, then again the same sound from my right. I didn't pay much attention to this. Then with the corner of my eyes I saw a women wearing a white gown standing behind the curtain. When I saw there directly there was no one. Then there was someone who ran past the corridor to the kitchen. It was a small creature like my small brother.

My brother has the phobia of dark but the kitchen lights were off so I went there to investigate and found that there was no one. I started feeling a little scared. I called my brother to come with me in the dining room. Then suddenly there were very strong winds outside. Then the main gate started slamming open and close. A chill went down my spine as I remember closing the door. Then the same happened with the window.

Then it started raining. To calm myself I thought that the lock must have broken down but when I checked the locks they were all fine and closed. When I told my friends about that they all said that I am telling lie. But I knew what happened to me that day. Whenever I think about that experience, a chill goes down my spine. It was my first ghost experience so I am looking forward to your comments. I need help with what I have experienced.

Other hauntings by miana16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miana16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
Hi, Also just check whether there is any history of the house or if there is any thing like that. God Bless All.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-14)
Hi Miana, Your Name reminds me of bird. As I read from Our Friends commments Yes I think sometimes reading much ghostly stories can play with minds also just check whether if any history of haunting at your home. God Bless All.
deewanathodasa (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Nice and scary story your narration is super fine... Whatever you felt that's true because god made the places for everyone whether its human, animals or ghosts and spirits... Hahahaha you are a very tough girl because you investigated in that situation keep it up and be safe be smart god bless you
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-05)
I love reading YGS before bed, and even I have been influenced by the stories here. I totally had a dream that I'd woken up and turned my head to look at the door which leads to my personal bathroom. I saw a very tall, dark figure in the doorway. A shadow figure I knew was staring straight at me. I was startled awake and thought, "Jeez, I didn't think the site would have this effect on me." First scary and spooky dream I've had in over a decade. (I've had scary dreams, and I've had spooky dreams, but not often scary *and* spooky dreams. I usually enjoy the spooky ones, and the scary ones involve things like showing up to school naked.)
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-04)
Hello:

There are theories that rainy weather has a higher concentration of negative ions which make it easier for spirits to come through.
Have you asked around to find out if there were any deaths within your family, extended family, friends, or even neighbors during that time frame?
Do you know if that particular date (or thereabout) is significant to any loved ones; in other words, is it a birthday or death anniversary to anyone in spirit?
Also, if there was an illness in your family at the time maybe an ancestor was simply showing support.
They tend to gather around us during difficult times. Sometimes what we find frightening is simply them wanting to make it obvious to us that they are here and it is not our imagination. I am saying this because what you experienced does not sound malicious or harmful. After decades, I find I am no longer frightened by objects moving or "appearances", since I know I am protected and have a strong faith. In the future, if you find that you are open to spirit, you can find ways to protect yourself with your faith and after some time may no longer be frightened.

Many Blessings,
Lynev
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-02)
haha Sheetal I think everyone here can relate to feeling spooked by reading too much on here.

Miana I agree with everyone else on this thread. As Lady Glow says, keep an eye out for anything else. But really our imaginations get the better of us sometimes. Larkin's right about matrixing too. We're hardwired to make sense out of nonsense. So corner of eye apparitions always need further investigation, whether you're spooked at the time or not.

About the weather, I wonder if we all have in us some primal survival ability of being able to sense heavy weather approaching. As a lot of animal species do. It might stand to reason we humans at one point did this too. It's just a theory. Maybe you experienced an unconscious awareness of the weather about to change outside, while reading ghost stories, and wacko, imagination overdrive. 😉
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Miana: I read your mother's experience but it is not relevant to your own since it happened in a different location.

Sheetal has a good point, the fact that you were reading spooky stories might have influenced your mood at that moment. I compare it to being afraid of the dark after watching a horror movie.😨

Perhaps you should take a break from YGS and see what happens.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
Hey Miana... I am not denying your experience but reading ghost stories on that time could be the reason of sighting.

I am saying this cause when I start reading ghost story on YGS you'll not believe I always get feeling that someone is always around me. I was unable to sleep and feels like someone is sitting on my bed... Even I've deleted my account from YGS... But then I console myself and thought I need to overcome from this fear and I came again on YGS... So dear it could be the reason...

I suggest... Do not think or keep it mind... If you again see her then please discuss this with your family.

Lots of love dear


Stay blessed 😁
miana16 (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-01)
dear lady glow behind my house there is a very dark street and yes there is a window there but it is of no use. There is always dark there until the lights are switched on. And my mother had an experience you can read about it in my other story the women in the field.
Larkin (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
I've said it once, I'll say it again your eyes aren't what see for you, your brain does. Your eyes simply deliver data to your brain to process and then assemble. Because of this, things such as image matrixing exists in which your brain processes data that is fimilar enough in features to confuse it, which results in people seeing stuff that's not nescessilary correct.

Similarly, peripheral vision can be just as unreliable. If I had a nickel every time a reflection, light, shadow or my cat scared me, I'd have some nickels.

Weather effects aren't really paranormal in my opinion either.

This may come off as an unpopular opinion, but I think you may have just gotte. A little excited reading the stories on the site and scared yourself.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-30)
miana16: would it be possible that the 'woman' you saw was the reflection of light from a window, a passing car or something else in the street?

I feel puzzled with the following statement:
"...My brother has the phobia of dark but the kitchen lights were off..."
If this experience happened at 3:00 pm in a sunny day -what would be the point on having the kitchen lights on? Aren't there any windows in it? 😐

Have you or any other member of your family seen this 'apparitions'?
What was your gut feeling at that moment?

It is important for you to try on finding other possible and more mundane explanations to what you saw... Or think you saw.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: