You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Mother's Last Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Mother's Last Visit

 

I'm Liza. I'm 21 years old and I'm new to YGS. This is my first story. Although this is not my personal experience, this is my mami's story (wife of my maternal uncle). My mom belongs to a village in west Bengal, the landlord's family who are known for their huge wealth and property.

Anyway, firstly I would like to provide a little background. From the very childhood, my mom has these neighbors living face to face of their house. Another zamindar family but quite strange a family as there is no peace ever seen among them. A man with 3 sons and a daughter, all married.

The middle son is a freak and has short temper. He used to beat his wife up whenever they had any argument. Domestic violence is an offence I know but still sometimes things are too complicated. This man has 2 daughters. The incident took place in 2013 when his daughters were 10 years and 1 and half years old respectively.

One tragic day, it happened that the wife was teaching her elder daughter. For some mistakes, she hit her throwing the pen which accidentally hit under her eye and bled a little. For this the lady was scolded by her father in law but that was not intense. She felt bad and was upstairs where she had an argument with her husband. As always her husband was a temper freak who started hitting her. He ended up smashing her head on the wall and she fainted immediately.

Everyone was dumb struck and took her to hospital. Unfortunately, there was a severe hemorrhagic condition and her skull was broken and she breathed her last the next evening. Two unfortunate children lost their mother in the midst of a tragic, accidental and intense incident. Rumors spread over the entire village, but it was said that she committed suicide. But again, human beings are not machines that they would believe what they're said, everyone accepted the reality.

The elder daughter was anyhow taught not to speak the truth in front of anyone. But the younger daughter was lost in her own misery. She did not eat, did not speak and searched everywhere for her beloved mother, but all in vain. My mami asked her to come over so that her mind is kept diverted. My mami's children are babies so she thought they would provide her some company.

One day, the younger daughter was there at my mami's place almost asleep. My mami sat next to her caressing her head. Suddenly she felt a presence (no one was home except the maid who was in the kitchen). She felt the temperature drop a little. A familiar voice talked to her, rather asked something "Is she asleep?". My mami knew whose voice it was, it was the deceased mother who died an unwanted, untimely death. She just nodded. Then within a minute, the temperature of the room turned normal.

For an instance, mami thought if it was for real. But there are things which cannot be explained. May be this was a mother's last visit to a daughter with whom she got barely any time to spent (one and half years only) before her soul left the world.

I remember that lady to be a very gentle and sweet lady, always cheerful and lovely. But when people are too good, God himself needs them to decorate the heaven.

Sorry for the long narration. I hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, liza25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
Brought tears to my eyes! It's sad and beautiful. The woman died a terrible death. Some things are complicated. I've read stories where people who die terrible deaths turn into some malicious spirits. I can only assume this woman must've been a really nice person.
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Liza25 it's a sad but beautiful story. This shows a mother and her children's bond is beyond life and death. Even death can't stop her from caring for her children.
saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Hey Liza,

My condolences to the child... An amazing story... God Bless her soul... Mothers are like that they cannot see their child in trouble... ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
liza25
It is a terrible thing that man did to his wife and he will live with the guilt of it for the rest of his life, as he should. It is incomprehensible to me that the doctors didn't see the evidence of violence and not call the authorities.
Many of the youth in the States that it isn't that far back in history that wives were considered chattel and a man could beat his wife or force himself on her. There were no police reports made for domestic violence or rape. That changed in '67 or '68 laws were made that a man could be arrested for either domestic abuse or rape, although it took a lot of police departments a few years to actually enforce the law. Before this law was truly enforced I wonder how many women arranged for their husbands to be beaten or a woman ''accidentally'' shot and killed her husband for coming home late and drunk and the woman got off because she was a good actress and said she thought someone was breaking in.
Unfortunately domestic violence is still unreported because the woman ''loves'' her boyfriend/husband and he didn't ''mean'' to do it. Thankfully if police are called by a third party because of domestic violence the batterer goes to jail, man or woman, because the District Attorney presses the charges.
But different cultures have different laws and I respect that but it seems to me that the husband in your story got away with murder because of his families wealth.
Regards
Red
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
This is a very sad story. But I feel I need to mention that, a lot of people knew what was happening in the household. Why hasn't this husband been arrested for manslaughter/murder? This is very sad and feel for the children, but feel something here has been dreadfully overlooked! I don't mean to offend anyone.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Such a sad story... But one of hope as well. The mother's demeanor in spirit seemed to be peaceful. Perhaps our departed loved ones watch over us as this mother does... At least for a time after they've gone. My Scottish grandmother had a German maid. Often she would come to work with black eyes. My grandmother told her to hit the bastard with a big cast iron skillet if he ever tried such a thing again. I know that violence of any sort is risky business but standing up to a bully CAN be profitable and effective. Thank you for sharing your story ~ peace ❤
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Hello liza25! It was really sad to read about that poor lady and her untimely transition to other side. It was even sad the way she died. May her soul rest in peace.
In India, in most of the domestic violence, FIR (First Information Registered) is not get registered in local police and thus crime and criminals get escaped.
Whether it be due to avoid/hide family shame or due to ignorance but I sometime feel that for such sad incidents our society is also responsible somewhere.

Regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Hey Liza I can understand, same incident happened in my village also as they murdered newly wed girl and thrown her body in well claiming she commited suicide... Guess What her parents said 'my daughter has already gone so there is no point to do any FIR'
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Lady-glow

Whenever I go to my village, I see that man devastated, alone, guilty and suffering. This is what he did to himself, destroyed his own family. I never feel like talking to him anymore. As by relation, he is something like a brother to me but now I only call him "A beast"

He is guilty for what he did as it was unintentional. But that's the difference between guilts and blunders for blunders cannot be undone.

He's not bad to his girls as far as I know. And for the younger daughter, she gets motherly love from the elder brother's wife, i.e her aunt. But a mother's place cannot be replaced anyhow.

Thanks for your response. 😁
liza25 (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-11)
Sheetal- Even I wasn't told about this incident by my mom when it actually happened because I'm sensitive to such family incidents. And its very disappointing that the man was not given any punishment because his in laws don't have the potential to get him punished. They are old and poor... Also to their dismay they have 3 daughters (including the lady who died) and no sons.

Besides this, they keep the incident hidden by saying that she committed suicide. Everyone suspect the truth but no one comes up with anything. Its almost 2 years to this tragic incident now.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Oh... Liza... I am agree with the last lines... You said truth. I am feeling (crying) sorry for that poor lady... I am feeling hate towards that cruel man... Literally... The baby, how she can forgot her mother? May her mother always be around them...

P.S. Does the man got any punishment for what he did? 😠 😠
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Liza25: welcome to YGS!
This is such a sad story, not only for what happened to that poor lady and her two children that had to grow up without their mother, but for the fact that her murderer didn't face justice and remained free and living under the same roof than the girls.
I only hope he didn't treat the girls in the same way he treated his wife.

I'm sure the lady stayed always close to her children.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: