You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Surprised Appearance

Real Ghost Stories

Surprised Appearance

 

In 2009 just about 12 days before Christmas whilst working in a local shop, I was on night duty with other staff. While attending to a delivery of stock, I had to make a few trips up to the warehouse to speak to one of my colleagues who was helping.

As I left the warehouse and walked down the few steps to turn and proceed down the rest of the stairs, I saw a man walking up the stairs towards me. At first I thought it was one of the staff, but as he got closer to me, about 3 steps away, I noticed that his face had went from pale colour to grey. He walked past me but I didn't turn to see if he went up the few steps I had just come down. Feeling a bit puzzled I continued my way down back to the shop floor.

I was convinced it was the young lad who worked at the store but on checking the staff rota I realized he was not due to work that night. I did not feel any fear and basically the incident confirmed for me that all the stories I had heard over the years from friends and family that the Paranormal does exist.

Over the years I have experienced various incidents. I am now more than ever positive that we just don't exist alone and that there is other realms. This story is true!

I have looked for a good website where you can relate to the Paranormal without people judging you and hopefully I have found it here as have few other true stories I will add in the future. And also looking forward to reading other people's experiences as I find it fascinating and would love to find out more.

Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by caledonia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caledonia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Fantastic story! YGS is a safe place to share your experiences. Everyone is keen to hear and give advice where they can 😊
caledonia (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
I know all about the signs of heart attack from my own personal experience, my father died as a result of one.
Can I just say this was a first experience for myself and I am more than sure that the young man I saw could possibly relate to the building itself as it was on the site of a previous business that was torn down many years ago.
A few members of staff at the time had reported seeing faces, or hearing strange noises, myself included but I always shrugged them off, after all I had to work in the place... And that lasted 8 years.
I would never lie about paranormal experiences as I find it really intriguing, plus I just want to understand
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hi Caledonia and welcome.

Firstly I just need to warn you that there are a lot of people here who hate it when people say a story is true. As so often this winds up being a hoax. This is just a friendly warning you may receive some criticism for that, eek!

I thought of a residual haunting for this experience you had. On the sole fact the man's face turned grey, or appeared to change. I wonder if this man had suffered a heart attack. Apparently the skin turns grey right as it happens. A residual haunt is energy build up from either:
A) A highly emotional event, such as a death.
B) A routine event, such as the same path walked in a household day in day out.

In a residual haunting what you see is merely energy. While the actual ghost of the person/animal/entity is most likely not there and unaware a snippet of their life is playing over on repeat for some to witness.

In an intelligent haunt, this is the actual ghost of the individual you see. In an intelligent haunting the individual is really there, aware and interactive with surrounds in real time. Just as we are now.

Did this man look at you or do anything to make you think that he knew you were there?
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
Caledonia, welcome to YGS and thank you for your story! We always try to rule out physical causes for things. So, my main question is about windows in the stairwell and the possibility of car headlights going by outside creating a shadow big enough for you to misinterpret as a person. If terribly distracted, it is amazing what a shadow can turn into in our heads. I imagine you have been thinking about this for a while and have considered this. Great story. I am glad you did not feel fear. Are you familiar with the difference between an intelligent haunting and a residual haunting? Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Best,
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: