You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Curtains to Kill For

Real Ghost Stories

Curtains to Kill For

 

This took place in Tijuana, Mexico. When I was a baby, my mom and dad shared a house with my aunt because it was located in a kind of dangerous neighborhood for young people to live by themselves. They sticked with this house, however, because it was not an ugly house at all. Its decoration was very nice, my mom said it looked like the previous owners put a lot of effort and money to make it a great place to live. My mom felt a strange vibe, though, but she did not say anything because they often had family and friends visit and she didn't want to scare them off.

After settling in the house and having everything in its place, my mom finally had the time to check every detail of the decoration. She soon realized that what looked like trees and flowers on the walls were really silhouettes of people making out or involved in other sexual activities. She didn't tell my dad or aunt because probably they were going to make fun of it, but then it slipped out in a conversation and they told her she was not wrong.

After a few weeks, my other aunts started asking my mom if she could visit them instead of having them come because they felt something was going on in the house. My mom agreed, she knew they were right. One day while cleaning the house, my dad hit the wall and it felt like there was an empty space behind. He started ripping off the wallpaper and they found a small door. They opened it the next morning because it was almost night time and my mom was afraid of what could be inside it.

The next morning they opened the door and there was a small closet, they did not find a dead body, a hidden treasure or something that made him rich, no. They found night gowns, old make-up, slippers, fantasy jewelry and other stuff. That's when it hit them, the house we were occupying was an "entertainment house" in the past. And even though this did not disturb them, they decided to move out after an evening when something scary happened. My mom got home and put me in my crib, she was tucking me in when she heard my aunt say "Diana, llegaste?" (meaning "Diana, you're home?) My mom replied and when she went to my aunt's room there was nobody there, she picked me up and waited for my aunt or dad to get home in the living room with the door opened and turned every light in the house on.

After moving out, they were curious and did a little research. They found out that the house was previously owned by an old lady who ran a prostitution business. She hired someone to install a new set of curtains and when they were ready, the employees stabbed the lady and stashed her body in the basement. The rumor was that she had a chest full of money and her killers went after it. Her body was found by a prostitute who was the first one for 'work', according to the information given to my folks. The girl found the house completely trashed and not being able to find the lady in any of the rooms she went to the basement, that's when she made the gruesome discovery.

All this information was given to my parents by a neighbor, the old man told them he was close friends with the murdered lady (I personally think they also sustained a business relationship).

Other hauntings by Hawkgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hawkgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

frenchpoet (10 stories) (61 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
This story is different. I like it. =) I honestly didn't catch on that it was a type of whore house when you mentioned the wallpaper or the closet, but I kind of saw the end coming. Have you done any other research on it? I'm assuming the curtain guys knew what type of place it was...? And I definitely agree your neighbor and the lady did business together.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
That is amazing. In one of our rented houses, we had a similar wallpaper! For real, from a distance it looked like palm trees and tropical flowers but when you stood up close and really looked at it, it was not! Now that I think about it, that would explain a lot of things that happened there. Interesting. A house of ill repute eh?
What is interesting is that Madame's usually keep their "nieces" nearby, and more often than not they live in the same home. As this story would indicate, the Madame resided here on her own. Of course this happened in Mexico and the protocol for the red light district may be a bit different there.
Actually, in the town that we now live in there is such a house. The Madame and her nieces work and live out of the same house. I always thought that those houses were a thing of the past, but our town is living proof that is not the case.
Incidentally, Shane, believe it or not, you can order that same wallpaper online. We checked for it while it was in our home as we were trying to figure out what the heck could have happened there.
Thank you, Hawkgirl, for sharing this story with us.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thanks Hawkgirl, for replying. I appreciate the feedback. When you say they all moved out together - did you mean they didn't feel anything in the new house? Just wondering. Thanks again for sharing your story, I was quite interested.
GhostHunter777 (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-03)
Weird, I'm listening to Prostitution Is The World's Oldest Profession by Cobra Starship right now :p
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi Bellisima,
Indeed, everybody moved in at the same time. And after leaving that house, my aunt lived with us for another couple of months. But actually they didn't experience anything scary or odd in the house, except for the feeling that everyone who stepped in the house could sense.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hawkgirl, hi. The history of the house is fascinating. I really enjoyed the story. Did your Mom, Dad and Aunt all move in to the house together, at the same time? I'm glad your family moved out and felt more comfortable. The lady's tragic end is probably what keeps her there but the pranks she was pulling would be unnerving! 😊
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Hawkgirl that is one of the best ghost stories I have ever read! I've been reading about the paranormal all my life. Thank you for sharing it. Really such a cowardly act by the people that murdered her.
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Thats pretty weird, it was probrably right to move out, you never know if a ghost made by murder might turn violent for one reason or another.
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Intresting...Houses could have so much history... Its crazy... Sometimes your house orr anyones house or even MY own house could have been built so LONG ago... We never know... People selling it like to keep their mouths shut 😕
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
What an interesting story. Thnak you for providing the history as you did, it help with under standing what could possibly be happening in the house.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
My first question is; where do I get wall paper like that? 😆 Sorry couldn't resist. Thanks Hawkgirl for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: