You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dead Relative Among Us

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Relative Among Us

 

When I was about three or four years old, my grandfather died in our house. He had a heart attack in his sleep and nobody found out until the next morning. He actually was my grandmother's second husband, and this is to be taken in consideration because not being my mom's father, they did not look alike. Later in my story this will play a role.

When my brother started 1st grade (he's in eight grade now) my mom became friends with a lady who supposedly could "see spirits". I must confess that I was a little skeptical about it until something amazing happened.

Our family was going through a hard time due to some problems about a couple of years ago, and my mom's friend assured everything would be okay because my grandfather was taking care of us. My mom was a little surprised by this statement, she did not recall telling her about my grandpa's death, but almost cried when her friend told her he was sitting right next to her and that his hand was resting on my mom's shoulder. My mom asked if it was a joke, but her friend denied it and what she said next shocked us.

She described my grandfather's looks, nothing to do with my mom's because he was a latin-looking man, kind of short, and my mom is white and tall. It's not impossible, but most likely a woman with my mom's looks would have a look-alike dad. Oh, and there is no way Mary (that's not my mom's friend real name, I'll call her Mary) could've met my grandpa because he died before she came to this city. I thought maybe she had seen a picture, but we keep those well hidden so nobody takes them and messes with them. That wasn't everything she said, though. Mary also said my grandpa was wearing a hat he loved but never put on (or at least when he was alive) because my grandmother hated it, she described it perfectly. OK, now we believed... BUT it didn't stop there.

Mary said that sometimes, when she visited our house, she saw my grandpa sitting on a green couch on the corner of the living room. And yes, that was his favorite couch and that was the spot he always used to sit on. Mary said he wasn't alone. When she saw my grandpa, 2 twin brothers were with him, my mom then told us (I didn't know about that either) that they were my grandpa's brothers and they had disappeared a long time ago.

Though he never has let us know about his presence, we all know he is right here with us. And thanks to Mary, we also know he is OK with the people he loves.

Other hauntings by Hawkgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hawkgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
what a fantastic story by you. This is a resembled story of mine when my gradma came and spy over me
Scaryboy
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-11)
Really nice story. I love to read stories of loved, ones coming back to visit or to protect someone they loved, when in the living body. Well written story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hello Hawkgirl. I really enjoyed reading your story. How wonderful it is to know the things you know about your Grandpa because of your Mother's friend. I know for a fact that loved ones watch over us even when we do not see, hear or feel them. I'm happy for him that he finally gets to wear his favorite hat! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hawkgirl,
What a wonderful story! Very touching.

As far as trying to contact him, please be extremely careful. Never, never ouijia boards... Portals can be opened and we can be tricked. It can be a devastating situation.
If you truly want to speak to him, from the encounters that are mentioned in this story, he is right there and he will listen.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
Hello Hawkgirl,
Your story tells a tale that is simple and to the point. We all have the love of our relatives around us. Some of us just seem to be more fortunate to actually have them with us, too.
How wonderful that your Grandfather was reunited with the two brothers that had disappeared a long time ago. And how comforting.
Thank you.
torig1230 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
That is so nice! You better not do anything bad, or he'll be watching you! I think you should try contacting him. He might feel that it would creep you out if he made you notice him.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Hi Hawkgirl, I really enjoyed your story. I 'm convinced that our loved ones who have passed on come to visit. Your granddad was there in a time of need to comfort his daughter and, at other times, just to pay a visit and spend some more time with his family. I suppose he will always drop by when he feels that someone needs his help and protection. I also think that he may drop by just to see how you're all doing and enjoy his favourite couch once again. Good thing he can finally wear that hat-he must have really liked it 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: