You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Big Mess

Real Ghost Stories

A Big Mess

 

This happened when I was a small child and I actually remember this one myself. It took place in the same room in my other story. We lived in this house up until I was about 7 or 8. It was Easter and my sister and I had just gotten two medium sized boxes full of candy and small Easter themed toys.

Because we were little kids with a ton of candy and new little knick-knacks, we were excited and ended up making a huge mess in our shared room. We spent most of the morning just playing. Around lunch time our grandmother walked in to tell us she was making us something to eat, but we needed to clean our room up and put our stuff back into their respective boxes before we left the room. So, that's what we did, leaving the boxes in the middle of the floor.

Well, our grandmother checked to make sure we did as we were told and was satisfied. We sat down to eat and watch cartoons. We didn't hear anything out of the ordinary and we sat in the living room for about 30 minutes or so. When we went back into the room, it looked as if someone had angrily picked up the boxes and dumped them out before throwing them away from the middle of the floor. Our grandmother heard us being loud because we were so confused. She, of course, thought we did it and scolded us for tearing the boxes up and making a huge mess again. But we didn't do it, and we knew neither one of us had been back into the room since the beginning of lunch. No one else was in the house, and I really doubt my grandmother was the culprit.

This is one of my earliest experiences so I had not yet given the entity I believe responsible a nickname. But as time went on and more things occurred, me and my sister named this entity "The Mystery Man". You hear about kids being able to talk to and see spirits, and both my sister and I would end up seeing something. This is why we would call it a man, because it was not childlike in our eyes, nor was it feminine.

Other hauntings by Zenith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zenith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zenith (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Redwolf-
Yes, all of my grandparents are still currently alive. Though one of my grandfathers is a step-grandfather. I have never met my paternal biological grandfather, but from what I understand he lives in pennsylvania.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Zenith
Was your grandfather alive when these things happened? Just a thought.
Regards
Red
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
It will be interesting to know how things peaked. Keep us posted.

Best,
Hecate
Zenith (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
I have a lot, I'm just trying to recall them in chronological order. This continued from infancy up until just about a year and a half ago, where things peaked. Thanks for reading.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Zenith, I read your crib story, and now this one. Thanks for sharing. I still think he might be a protector. He might have felt that you had already had too much candy in this one. Do you have more where you really feel a negative intent? Just some thoughts.

Best to you!
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: