You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Footsteps In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps In My Bedroom

 

My name is Rach and this is my first post on this page. I have read a lot of stories on this site and thought I would share my encounters with you all.

In my 30 years I have never actually seen a ghost. However, I have experienced strange happenings several times throughout my life.

At present my husband, myself and our 3 young daughters are living in a 2 story home. Its not old, its not new but recently some weird things have been happening around our home. Last Wednesday I was having a little nap before we had to pick our eldest up from School and I could hear footsteps in my room. Thinking it was my husband and our 3 year old I let it slide and closed my eyes to get to sleep again. As soon as my eyes were shut I could hear the footsteps walking around my room again. I opened my eyes and could hear my husband and our daughter in the lounge room (which is down the other end of the hall, and a closed door). I got up and walked out to tell my husband and his response freaked me out. He proceeded to tell me that earlier that day he had seen a shadow near our internal stairs. He explained it as only being a face and when the face saw my husband had noticed "it", it vanished.

Now my husband has always had the incredible ability of seeing ghosts. He works at an old shop which is very old and has told me stories of seeing ghosts when he was working. Not just 1 ghost but several. Christmas time one year a few years back, the shop was decorated in all things Christmassy and when they came in the next morning stuff would have been misplaced or fallen down from where they originally were. They checked security cameras and what they saw on the tape is something no one could explain. It was a light, maybe an orb, that was in the staff room and it was darting around the room. He has told me several stories of strange things that happened in that shop and it scares me so much I get goose bumps.

Another story, this happened when my youngest was only 2 months old (she's 3 1/2 now). My sister and I were waiting for the property manager to view this gorgeous old house for us to rent. While we were waiting outside for him to get there to show us through we could hear strange noises coming from inside the house and it was vacant at the time! Something about the house creeped me out, although it was beautiful, and everything I ever wanted, I just couldn't shake this feeling. Once the agent got there, we walked through the beautiful stained glass doors and into the lounge room. The house was massive and absolutely gorgeous. Dark timber throughout, stained glass windows, huge kitchen... In other words just perfect.

I left my sister upstairs with my then 2 months old (in the capsule) and my middle child who was about 15 months old at the time, so I could have a look under the house. I noticed as we were making our way down the long stair case that there was one of those lift things for elderly people to sit in so they don't need to walk up the stairs. Down stairs was dark and scary, but huge. The agent and I walked back upstairs and my sister was basically pushing me out the door. When we got in the car, my sister then informed me that this strange round stained glass window from the lounge room to a small room, had opened up by itself and at that time my 15 month old was peering around the corner as if someone was there. My sister was very scared and we didn't end up getting that house.

Also, my middle child who is now 4 1/2 has been having dreams about what she calls "the fire king". She's described him as being a man on fire who wears a crown and has a fork (pitchfork) in his hand. She has been rather disturbed by this and refuses to be anywhere alone in the house. What could it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mummy091012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Lwin82
This is actually quite nice how Buddhism explains ghosts I have done some research with Muslim religion and Christianity but I have never thought of researching Buddhism now I am intrigued and I will be doing research into Buddhism and bringing it to my team.
Lwin82 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hello...I want to tell you about that "the fire king" figure you mentioned. I'm a Buddhism & I believe in Buddha's teaching. According to that, there are two other type of beings that exist in our plane (world). The first one refers to organisms (other than humans) & the second refers to something you all known as ghost. We called the second ones as Pyaketar (let's say them as ghosts). & ghosts live among us but in different dimension. Some can show us their profile while some can't. Some of us can see them if he/she has a certain amount of spiritual level. As we are different in property, body sizes & skin color... Ghosts also different like us.
Huge body, fire burning body, cold body, small body... Too many kinds. It is their karma that make them into their shapes & situation. Some children can see ghosts because the aura emitted form our body is different from child & adult. That aura can be various according to what you do & did in the past. If you have a bad aura the ghosts can harm you. But if your aura is good they can't even come close to U. But spiritual level & aura are two different things. In the situation of that "fire king", you don't need to worry because children are pure-hearted than adults, so, he might letting your kid knows his existence & nothing more.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Rook- When it comes to things like this I am no expert, but I did some digging even though the origin of this particular elemental exists in the arabic countries, (The Quran says that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire",[1] but are also physical in nature, being able to interact in a tactile manner with people and objects and likewise be acted upon.) This topic has peaked my curiosity...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Alright I am going to go with my gut feeling after reading this concnering your Family.

There seems to be an 'abliity' that runs on your Husbands side of the Family. He is able to see spirits and at least one of your children is able to do this as well. Well based on age they may all be able to at this point in time but from what you have shared 2 of them may outgrow the ability.

As for the one who saw the 'fire king' I have an odd question to ask... How close do you live to any of the volcano's there 'Down Under'? The reason I ask is this becasue 'fire spirits, elementals are 'few' in number... Based on the nature of fire... (let me give a quote...)

"Fire has the least number and variety of types of nature spirits associated with it of all the elements. Fire spirits are associated with the element fire in all its forms as well as with the spark of life within all things."

My first thought when reading the description your daughter gave was 'fire elemental' but my 'gut' said 'dig deeper' so here you go...

'Subterranean Fire Spirits'...

"as their features are somewhat like those humankind associates with devils and demons. Although there is no evil in them, they belong to an environment that is foreign to human beings and in which they could not survive. Hence, they seem repellent."

"Like all fire spirits, those of the underground have heads, which function as centres of consciousness. Spikes arise from their head, sometimes one, sometimes many, and these curve back from the head a little like horns." Could these 'spikes' be what your daughter is 'seeing' as a crown? As for the pitchfork, not sure...

Are there any more details she has given you? Or ANY feelings from anyone else in the household? I must admit something...

"By the Pricking of my Thumbs..." There is something... And I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Respectfully,

Rook
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Wow the big about the fire king is kind of creepy. Children pick up on many things without realizing it. Could she have seen something scary on television or in a magazine or something? I had a terrifying dream as a child about a doll coming to life and terrorizing my family. I made my mom get rid of the doll the very next day. I'm male and don't like dolls much anyway. Looking back now, it was probably about the time "Child's Play" was a popular film. I had no recollection of seeing anything about the movie then, however. I am reminded of some things that happened in my childhood home. I need to share them here! There I go again, suddenly remembering another event that may have been paranormal. Maybe I'll keep it to myself for fear of being accused of fakery lol!
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
It seems to me to be more than one spirit as the one your husband saw could've been intelligent but the sounds could've been residual, if it didn't want your husband to know it was there then why would it make noise to bring attention to itself. Then there's the night terrors try sleeping with her and if it really is a ghost doing it you will receive the same dream. Hope this helps I have a six year old daughter myself who I have went through this with.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: