You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Good Spirit Or Bad Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Good Spirit Or Bad Spirit?

 

Before I start my story, I would like to describe the background of story. One of my friend has her birthday on 8-February, so this year, she decided to keep the party at her farmhouse which is about 3Km from the city. We were 10 people who attended the party. The party was at 8pm. As the place was long and it wasn't safe for girls to go on bicycle at night and as we had also decided to spend our night there, we all had took Non-geared two wheeler bikes to her place. We had a great time.

At about 10pm, I received a call from my mom telling me that one of our relatives are home and I should come back home. I requested her that it's not that important and I won't come home. She told me that the relatives were going back early in the morning and wished to see me. She told me that it would be disrespectful for them.

With a heavy heart, frustrated and angry mood, I told everyone that I was going back home and won't be able to stay. Due to the ice-cream which was served at last, I got late and finally managed to leave the farmhouse at 10:30pm. I took my Scooty Pep+ and started my way back. The city is spread only for 1.5km. Next 0.5km is barren land and the last 1km i.e. Road to farmhouse is through thick forest on one side and barren land on other. I was too scared at first but soon began to enjoy the silence of cold pleasant night. There is a huge banyan tree in middle of forest beside the road. As soon as I passed it, I felt someone was sitting behind me.

Our Scooty is about 6 years old and whenever there are two persons riding, the engine starts making noise. I was terribly afraid to look behind as well as to stop the bike so I just continued praying that I reach home safe. And the worst thing happened, the engine went off... I was damn scared and couldn't do anything. With great courage, I looked back but no one was behind and the weight was also gone. It gave me some relief and I tried to start the engine. But the engine just won't start; I tried it for 5 minutes but to no avail. I didn't had my own mobile as I had forgot it at home and I started crying.

And a strange thing happened; someone touched me just in the same way when we try to make a baby stop crying. My hands were still on the starter and I felt a hand on my hand. And to my amazement, the bike started and I drove at almost 70kmph through that rough road. I didn't care what would happen to bike but I wanted to get away as soon as possible. I reached home at around 11:00 when I should have reached at 10:45.

Everyone was scared and father was angry on my mom because she had called me home at such time. When I entered the door, everyone was happy and scolded me for being late. I started crying when they asked me and told them each and every detail. My father on the next day went to police station to make some inquiry about that place but didn't get anything in records.

On the next day, I went back to that place with my other friend and narrated the whole experience to my friends who stayed in that farmhouse. The farmhouse keeper who is about 75 years old told us that the banyan tree is a very famous spot for suicides in pre-independence time but the officials deny it as there were not any suicides after independence. He also told us that there are many spirits wandering around that place and one should never go alone at night.

He told us that about 5 years ago, a newly wed couple (Child marriage, boy was 18 and girl was 16) went missing from that area but no complaint was filed as the parents would then have be sent to jail as child marriage is illegal.

My experience has left me confused, whether the spirit was good one or a bad one? What do you think?

Sorry if my narration is not that well-written, if you have any doubts please mention them in comments freely.

Other hauntings by Shrush

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shrush, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RohanP (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
So nice story well written!
I must say that spirit was not bad and didn't intended to harm you it just wanted to know you of its presence as it consoled you...
Have a great day! ๐Ÿ˜
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
champion and sheetal:
Thanks for wishing me on my birthday. And there's no fun if writer doesn't respond to comment
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Happy birthday Shrush! Thanks for the replies. It is always better when the writer engages with the readers, it adds a lot to the story.

This comment from suryanag is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
hehehe... No worrries Shrush... Belated 'Happy Birthday' ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

The tree looks very dense... No need to explain why it's a scary ๐Ÿ˜จ
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Wardo:
It was my fault for typing my name instead of Sheetal. It was my birthday yesterday and I was getting a lot of calls saying 'Happy Birthday Shrush' and while I was making that post, I got a call and oops I typed my name ๐Ÿ˜œ
It always happens to me in this way ๐Ÿ˜ข
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
I enjoyed reading this experince and I have to agree it sounds as if this spirit was being playful, realised your distress and them became helpful. Thank you for sharing.

It was either that OR...

Have the Australian 'Drop Baers' migrated using stealth technology?

(Sorry after seeing the overhead view of the tree I couldn't help myself.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
You accidentally typed your name in response to Sheetal? That's strange. I thought the story was good aside from some minor discrepancies. I believe your story and it sounds like a scary moment for you. Also, thanks for the picture of the banyon tree, very cool!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Shrush, maybe you encountered the spirit of someone young who grabbed a chance to hitch a ride on your bike. It may not have realized how entities can sometimes cause problems with engines.

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Oops sorry the last comment was for Sheetal.

Sheetal:
I have got a picture of that tree through Google maps. But its not that scary from above. However, if you still want to see check this out.
Http://i.imgur.com/KweOfQD.png?1
(For privacy reason the photo has been cropped)
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Tweed:
Yes, our bike is in pretty bad condition and we are going to sell it soon. The engine always go off at important places like crossings, highways and I have to push it at side. The breakdown of bike might be a coincidence. Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ˜

Shrush:
I am sorry as I can't give you exact location but the place is in Sangli district of Maharashtra. I will try to get a picture of that tree and post it. But it may take 2 weeks as that place is unsafe for girls to go alone. We are going again at my friends farmhouse within 2 weeks so I will post it after I go back there again. Thanks for reading ๐Ÿ˜
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
hello, Shrush welcome to YGS... I've heard many experiences where some invisible force help person to reach the place safely... I think you've met that one... And for prank I think it must be some mischievous ghost... I am glad you are safe... May I know the location? I mean not exact location but tell me some nearby state and city... Just curious ๐Ÿ˜
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Shrush eek! So glad you got home safely! I'm also a bit annoyed at your Mother. ๐Ÿ˜•
I was thinking the same as Champion about two ghosts at work here. But when I read your response, that you felt it was the one, I recalled what you said about enjoying the ride in the cold night air. This is around the time you felt the presence behind you. Perhaps this individual didn't mean the bike to malfunction. Perhaps their intention was to guide you through, support you in a potentially dangerous area and time of night. Maybe the bike malfunction was a coincidence, it would have happened the next day regardless. It seems to me this presence was somehow able to start the engine again, that's some mighty impressive skills!

Thanks for sharing but sorry you had such a terrifying ordeal!
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
champion:
You can be right about 2 spirit but I personally think that their was only 1 spirit who first played a prank and then was sorry for its action. And later helped me back home
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
lady-glow:
I never ride my bike above 40kmph and that road was quite rough. I am always afraid of speed but that day I got mad with what I had experienced and pulled the accelerator as hard as I can and that's why I drove at 70kmph
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hi, It may have been two spirits, one stopped the engine and the other ran it off protecting you as the old man said many spirits! I enjoyed your story! Thank you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Hi Shrush: that was a scary experience! ๐Ÿ˜จ
Personally, I think you encountered a good spirit since it didn't hurt you and even helped to start the engine of your bike.

Although I'm trying to figure out the reason for your delay, because if the speed of the bike was about 70 km/h and you had to drive for 3 km, at that speed it'd had taken about - 3 minutes! - before you reached your destination. ๐Ÿ˜•

I would love to do a paranormal research in that area and around that tree!

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: