You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Feeling In Home

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Feeling In Home

 

I don't know if this could be haunted related or if it's anything at all really. My girlfriend and I just moved into this small two bedroom home in Macomb, IL.

Upon entering the very first time I had a very weird feeling. Almost like a gut feeling that I haven't felt before when moving into places that we have lived before. I thought about it a little but haven't taken it into any serious considerations because after we moved all of our stuff in that feeling disappeared.

Come to find out from our landlords that this small house was used during the World War 2 era for storing some Japanese people captive here, I'm guessing for trial. I do not know if they have killed anyone here or they just used this space for temporary holding. I would like to acquire more information but I really don't know how to go about asking something of that nature.

I have been looking online at many different ghost and haunting sites and the city where I live has experienced many paranormal happenings and I'm guessing still currently is. The university has been known to have many hauntings and a hotel here has a haunting as well. At least that's what has been said.

Anyway, my question is, if something were to be haunting this home is it possible that it wouldn't show up for sometime or if it could be a timid source of energy? Just curious.

We have cats and they seem to be adjusting well and don't seem too out of the ordinary. I did see one of my cats look up around the room at nothing like he was following something around the room. Other than that (if there is a presence) they don't seem to be frightened of it. Also, we have been living here for about 3 weeks currently. Thanks for any replies.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jay28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Jay28,
Since you have been in the house a few weeks my feeling is to just enjoy your new home. I think everyone has that "weird" feeling when they move into a new place. Sometimes its warranted sometimes not. If you or your girlfriend start to get headaches,nausea,dizziness,generally not feeling well, or get hallucinations have your electric box checked for high E.M.F (electric magnetic field) or even black mold. If you have a problem with either of these it is the landlords responsibility to fix the problems not yours. If he refuses then you can get him in trouble.
Regards
Red
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
It could be caused by a carpet cleaner chemical they used, or wallpaper, or like Mimi81 said the electrical. Would definately not worry about a ghost for a good year, unless you are seeing things out of the corner of your eye, etc. If it's still weird, I'd hit the road - it's been my experience that transient places like rentals and apartments are usually wierd and strange. Like hotels and hospital rooms, many people come and go, leaving peculiar energy behind.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Just wanted to say that I have lived in my home for nearly 5 years (maybe longer) and have had some very isolated, but dramatic events that have made me an even more firm believer. Not sure why the events have been so spanned out, but I can definitely vouch for a haunting without constant noticeable activity.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
Have you had the wiring in your house checked? Sometimes bad wiring can produce an extremely high EMF. Some people are sensitive to it and can experience some of the feelings you mentioned.

As for the what your landlord said about Japanese being held there, I'd would be very skeptical about that.
owl_cat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
From what your experience seems to be like, it may be that you have a residual haunting. If the presence doesn't seem to be dangerous or angry, then you may want to think of cleansing your house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: