You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Shadow Cat In The Spare Room

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Cat In The Spare Room

 

Of course I live in a nice, big, four-bedroom, two-story house near San Bernardino, CA. The rent is pretty good, but after my family moved out, I found a co-worker who needed a place to stay for six-months. Needless to say, three years later, my roommate is still here, unfortunately. I say unfortunately, because our friendship has deteriorated to the point where we no longer speak (Familiarity so often breeds contempt doesn't it?) and the subsequent bad-vibes that seem to go along with these situations have grown a bit disturbing.

Sue's two feline whirlwinds of destruction, Rocco and Alvin, were well-along in age when they all moved in and within the first year or so, were put to sleep by the vet when they began to experience clear signs that their end was nigh. I love animals, but these two, Alvino, gray shorthair, and Rocco, coal-black, saucer-eyed, had to be the weirdest cats I had ever met. They were not cuddly at all, shunning any caress or affection (unlike my own two snuggle kitties). They are not missed by me, to say the least.

Isn't it said that animals reflect the personality of the owner? To be fair, the two cats had belonged to Sue's fiance who had passed from a heart-attack several years prior and Sue herself had been the victim of a brutal attack by homicidal patient at our workplace, so I tried to be understanding of the situation. A bit difficult when Rocco and Alvin would team up velociraptor-like to jump one of my kitties. (They just want to play, Sue would assert.)

After their passing I began using the spare room opposite of Sue's room to log onto my old PC. This room was and is still furnished as it was when my youngest brother lived with me, a twin bed along the wall, next to the student desk under the window. I would sit half-facing the view and and half-facing the doorway (paranoia from working at a jail).

After several weeks of daily logging in (free online language classes, sooo addictive, fun and useful, do try them!) I began to notice the strange, fuzzy, dark shadow that would seem to enter the room, walk along the twin bed towards the desk where I was seated and jump cat-like onto the bed, then just disappearing. The movement was so unobtrusive and I was so intent upon my lessons, that it would not be until some time after each event that I would realize what had just occurred and I would quickly to forget, putting it down to tree shadows dappling the light.

One day, less preoccupied than usual, I became alert as the shadow began its usual little ritual and turned to look at it. Of course, there was nothing there. At that moment I realized that there was probably some supernatural aspect to things, felt that this was a harmful entity and took spiritual authority over the shadow in Jesus' name, returned to it any harm or suffering it may have meant to cause to anyone or anything, and prayerfully banished it from my house. Have never seen it again from that day to this.

Hope not too long and boring, I dislike shadow stories myself, yet wanted to inflict my own upon everyone! And yes, I prayed that Rocco's or whoever's spirit would be at peace...

Other hauntings by H2olily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, H2olily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
Very vivid descriptions... I'm a cat lover, believe that even grumpy hostile cats in life would not be malicious in death. I have heard of egyptian mummy cats spirits, more aggressive. Hope its ok now
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-09-29)
Have been meditating on this "haunting" or whatever you want to call it and I had an intuitive moment. Rocco was a completely coal-black kitty, specifically chosen by Danny, my roommate's deceased boyfriend. He was a Scorpio, and everyone knows they all dabble in the occult, okay, maybe not ALL, but it's a known characteristic. Don't want to cast aspersions, but I bet he put some hex or whammy on poor Rocco. Any thoughts?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
Oh, and recently did see something similar run into my closet, but darker, and very distinct. Very spooky, I said a quick prayer and banished it... I hope!
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-27)
I am not uncomfortable with shadows or shadow people per se, just tired of endless stories of shadow stuff, only find them a bit tedious, unless there is some cool, weird aspect to the story, like lizard-shaped or the shadow speaks or something. Thanks for all the cool comments everyone!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
H2olily
Because if allergies to cats in the family I can't have a cat but have had plenty of dogs. Once in awhile I will catch a glimpse of one dog or another. In July I had to put my youngest dog down and it broke my heart worse than having to put any other dog because he was so full of life but had liver cancer and I couldn't fix him. Because I need back surgery as soon as I can quit smoking for 3 months I wanted another dog. My husband said he wanted a Malamute and oh boy did he ever get one. She is a M'Loot Malamute the largest of the breed. We named her Kaia, Hopi for wise girl. She is not even 4 months old yet and is already as big as a full size medium dog and is full of pi$$ and vinegar. 😆
Regards
Red
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Yeah, it was like dark, furry cat thing scurrying alongside the bed and jumping up on it, every day.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
H2olily - I have a ghost cat so I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing 😊
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
I totally understand your discomfort with shadow people etc, I feel the same way... I just recently saw the shadow of someone standing on the landing of my stairs while I went into my bathroom, lucky for me I wasn't the only one who has witness this entity...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: