You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Figure In White Dress 2

Real Ghost Stories

Figure In White Dress 2

 

Recently, I posted the sighting of a lady in white dress, wandering around Unit EB 12. Well, a few weeks ago I worked on a nearby unit on the same floor and was retelling the experience to a couple of staff in the nursing station. The NOC shift lead, an RN named "Amy" told me, "I just worked there the other night and I saw her too. She was coming down the back stairwell, wearing a white dress, but she wasn't walking, she was floating. The hairs on my arm are standing up!" Should have asked if the figure floated out of sight or just vanished or how the sighting ended.

These manifestations seem to be very recent. I have worked at this hospital for about 20 years now and the lady in white is not part of the hospital lore to my knowledge.

Also, for many years now the male patients/inmates have been required to wear khaki uniforms head to toe, the women with dark brown dungaree-type slacks. It probably has been many years since anyone wearing a white dress would have been around, although part of the hospital was a TB ward back around the 1930's.

To me these stories are just intriguing, but the other staff I mention them to seem to find them extremely scary and upsetting, so I will be more circumspect about sharing them and asking questions.

Someone mentioned that a staff was unaccountably locked into a room in the basement of the EB building some time ago and that many staff will not go there. I just found a basement break room with a nice sofa where I can take a short nap on my break during the long graveyard shifts, but I have to admit, it does feel slightly creepy in there in the middle of the night.

Other hauntings by H2olily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, H2olily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
I have never "seen" anything myself. Just heard tell of by other staff, although sometimes I get a flash of something in my peripheral vision, but just a little blur. The EB building is not undergoing remodeling at this time. There are dozens of buildings and outbuildings, some in use, many locked up and abandoned. This hospital is still very much in use, it is a maximum security forensic facility in the Southern California area and hordes of people pass through and into its halls daily, some never to breathe free air again. Several notorious people have been housed here, including one very famous former pin-up model! But I've never seen anyone else in the basement of the admission building at 3AM, ghostly or otherwise! I try to be respectful, both to the living and the living impaired.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
You mentioned that the sightings and experiences seem to be rather recent, is there any remodelling or construction in progress there at the moment? I only ask this as this does tend to stir up paranormal activity sometimes. Its as if the former residents have been disturbed or are not happy about what is going on! Something else to think about! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
scarlet_island (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Your experience with this lady in white sounds very creepy. Maybe she was a pt in the TB hospital or maybe a nurse. I too saw a figure that was all white with a flowing dress, a hat and was floating above the ground. This figure also looked to have floated out of the 1930's.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
If you are able to use that break room sofa I applaud your courage. I sure couldn't, but I'm a self-confessed 'fraidy cat.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Something to consider... The basements of buildings tend to house and be the routing points for all the electrical needs of the building... If your able to check for high levels of EMF as this may contribute to the 'creepy feeling' it could also be 'fuel' for a possible haunting but...BUT...EMF sensitivity needs to be 'ruled out' and any experiences can hopefully be backed up with...pictures, video or maybe EVP's.

Thanks for sharing... The fact that your not the only one to see this 'spirit' speaks towards this being a 'true haunting'...but is it intelligent or residual?

Respectfully,

Rook
Argette (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
I agree with Wondering! I'd be very cautious about that break room. Take Wondering's advice and get some additional opinions.

I used to work in hospitals and they are full of alleged sightings and legends. And why should they be? They are often the site of death, or near-death experiences, as well as intense emotional experiences. I suspect most hospitals have some sort of energy floating around and it just takes a sensitive person to see or sense it. Good luck! And thanks for sharing your story.
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
Very creepy. Thanks for sharing. I know that I'd be nervous about staying alone in the 'breakroom' that you've found, because I'm sensitive to atmosphere and such as that.
If I were you, I'd ask a fellow employee to come into the room with me and see if they felt anything. That is if you can find someone willing. 😁
My older brother and I both are very sensitive, and many times I've asked him to come with me to places where I've felt another presence, etc. It sometimes helps to have another set of 'eyes' in such a situation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: