You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dead Child Or Elemental Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Child Or Elemental Spirit?

 

I can't see spirits, but I can feel their presence and communicate with them. Normally, I feel a weight on my shoulders and an increasing heat on my back whenever an entity is around. Not so the last time, and this is what happened.

First of all, here is the background to the tragic events leading up to my encounter. I am working at the reception of a hotel. One of my co-worker's sons had been undergoing treatment for leukemia ever since he was two years old. Twice a year, he needed to go to Barcelona for a couple of weeks to have intensive treatment and daily check-ups. Last month he had been there again for three weeks already when the doctors made their morning check-up and found a tumor in the boy's brain. After receiving the bad news, my colleague asked the doctors if there was any chance for an operation. The doctors said, "Unfortunately not."

And after further questioning by the parents, the doctors gave their boy a life expectancy of only a month or two. But they would have more precise information after next morning's check-up.

Next morning came, and after screening the new tumor, the doctors had to break the shocking news to my colleague and his wife, that their son only had some mere hours to live.

That evening, after I had finished work, I went to see some friends of mine. We were sitting on their terrace, when I felt the familiar sensation of a spirit approaching, but instead of looming across my shoulders, it was swirling in circles around my back, giggling and shouting "I'm free! I'm free!" in a high pitched voice. So I thought, "Well, that's that then...", believing that my co-worker's son had just died.

But a second later, without thinking, I was telling myself, "No. This was an Elemental Spirit, probably of the Air type".

When I came in to work the following day, I was told that the boy was still alive (although he unfortunately passed on later that evening).

So I am wondering, was that spirit my colleague's son (although he was still alive at that moment), another child's spirit, or an Elemental Spirit?

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this story, thanks for sharing your thoughts, and, above all, thank you for including my colleague's son in your prayers.

Other hauntings by Bonifaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bonifaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Von (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-18)
That was a very sad story. Condolance to your fellow work mate and his family. But something puzzles me here. Can a spirit live its vessle before the vessle/body dies? If not then that was definatly not the little boy behind you... Could have been another child who had lived through the same kind of tough life. Stories like this make me realise how blessed I am to be healthy...
Faithfully, Von.:)
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hello Rithika,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad for your grandfather.
I don't know if the parents told him that he was going to die. But I guess, he must have felt it. People tend to know when death is near.
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hi bonifaz,
This story is indeed a very sad one. I'm so sorry for their loss, honestly. I know how it feels to lose someone close, let alone your own son.
Do you think, that maybe his soul was freed when he came to know about his close death? What I'm trying to say is, what if he felt relief when he knew that he was finally going to rest. No more struggle. No more anything. My grandpa was diagnosed with bladder cancer, but he survived and when I asked him about how he felt at that time, he told me that it feels nice and free to not fight the disease anymore. I'm so glad that he fought when he had to. He is a survivor. Sorry to bore you with this. So like I said, did his parents tell him about this oncoming death?
Thank you for reading, ~rithika ❤ 😊 😁
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
[at] Octnytebyrd

I don't know his sign, but I am a fire sign.

[at] tweed

One of the family's guardians? Why would he/she want to contact me? And I got the impression that the spirit was that of a child or at least, a childish and very playful one.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
Err, Octnytebyrd since when is being a water sign a reliable way to determine the nature of an encounter?
Sure it may play a part in some encounters for a myriad of personal reasons. But not absolutely all encounters. To say it explains it only rules out any other possibility, of which there are many. Personally I felt Bonifaz was contacted by one of the family's guardians. If the element of a zodiac sign is relevant, that would depend on all kinds of variables and require more probing on Bonifaz's part. Anyone being a water sign could just as easily be coincidence.
Octnytebyrd (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
I think he already left his physical body & used the energy from the sea to speak to you. Are you a water sign or him? If so, that explains it.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
[at] anoize
Hello,
It was revealed to me that I had this gift during a ouija-board session whith my older cousin when I was about 14. I know that ouija-boards are very dangerous and shouldn't be messed about with. But my cousin already had a lot of experience (he is 10 years older than me), and we took a lot pf precautions, like putting an open bible on the table, sprinkling holy water around, saying the lord's prayer, and calling my cousin's protective spirit. Now, it was this spirit that said I had these abillities. It also said that I shouldn't be afraid, because I had very strong protection against evil forces.

Ever since, I had some, but not a lot, encounters with spirits, mainly, because I didn't work on my powers.

My abillities were confirmed to me a couple of years ago by a white witch who read my aura, encouraged me to work on it and cast a protective spell on me.

So, now I am really develloping my abilities, and I never had a bad encounte, although some where a bit uncomfortable.

But thank God, I never could forsee death. And I am glad that you somehow managed to surpress that ability of yours.

God bless
Bonifaz
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
[at] Mimi81

Normally I only meet spirits that ask me to give a message to somebody who is present at that particular moment. But with my capabilities currently increaseing, it could well be a newly released spirit wanting to share its joy with someone. And, indeed, it was one VERY happy spirit.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
[at] valkricry
My friends' terrace is on the ground floor, about 150 meters from the sea, and it has a lot of plants on it.
I don't know a lot about elemental spirits. I still need to do quite some reading about them. It was just that this experience was so much different from all the others I had so far.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Bonifaz,
In general elementals enjoy 'natural' settings - like woods, parks, mountains, or the water. Sylph's (air elementals) tend to like mountains. Again that's in general. Was your friend's terrace near woods or anything that might attract them?
The reason, I'm saying 'in general' a heck of a lot, is there is always one or more that 'break the rules'. 😆 Although, I wonder what a sylph would be happy to be free from?
There are many accounts written about seeing the spirit of people in comas, so it is possible it was your friend's son. I can easily imagine, a child who has been sickly the majority of their life doing that, and even saying that.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Bonifaz, I believe you felt a spirit, but I doubt it was your friend's child. I think you encountered a newly free spirit who wanted to share his joy with someone and knew you could hear.
Anoize (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Greeting Bonifaz, I am curious as to how you discovered you can feel a spirit's presence and how the communication happens? Could you at any moment tell the being to go away? I had a traumatic childhood experience with an ethereal being and I had no forewarning of it...then, at around age 15 while still living in Mexico, I was able to sense impending death. First, it was my friend and teenage crush and it left me devastated, then my nephew's nanny and later on, while living in the States, a guy who was the manager at a restaurant located near by my home and who I didn't see very often. What they all had in common is that they all had tragic or painful deaths... And they all died within hours from the time I sensed it. I'm flabbergasted to read your encounters, you seem to have full acceptance and knowledge of it, I have fought it for as long as 12 years or so now, and I can't longer sense it, and do not ever want to. Is it something that we can do away with willfully? I thank you for your input...
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
[at] RedWolf
Thank you very much for your comment. It really sounds strange, but I can only guess that his body was already very weak, and that he simply didn't want to fight, anymore.

[at] lady-glow
Thanks a lot, for your kind words, too.
As far as I know, he was already in a coma. So it could really have been him.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Bonifaz
I second lady-glows comment. I don't know of any brain tumor that can kill a child that fast. Even a Neuroblastoma (sp) ıs detected long before a death sentence. I have known of 2 children that were diagnosed with this
Terrible form of cancer and went into remission. BUT if or rather when it comes out of remission the child has only weeks to a few months to live.
This is such a sad story. My prayers are with his parents. I can't even begin to think of what they went through. With time they will begin to heal but they will never forget their little Angel.
Regards
Red ❤ ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Do you know if your friend's son was counscious at the moment you felt this spirit circling on your back?
My guessing is, he could had been still alive but his soul was free to wander away from his body, like in an out of body experience.

Whatever it was, this is such a sad story, may his parents find peace in the fact that their little angel is not suffering any more.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: